Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

Wolves have today been linked with a move for Serbian striker Aleksander Prijovic.

The rumour has surfaced on Polish website SuperExpress Poland.

In recent weeks the 27-year-old forward has been linked heavily with Leeds United, but now Wolves have reportedly joined the race.

The 6ft 3" striker plies his trade at Greek side PAOK and is thought to have an £8.8m release clause in his contract.

He has scored ten times this season for the Greek side and is capped at International level for Serbia.

He is no stranger to this country after signing for derby County as a youngster, he also had loan spells at Yeovil and Northampton.

Without naming specific players.

Mental strength and hunger, two character traits where we are glaringly deficient. Pace, a physical characteristic we’ve managed to totally neglect. Of course, we’re missing plenty of other things but this would be a good start.

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:26, modboy said:

sell the lot to Barnsley for a trillion pounds (still cant believe how lucky they ave gotten) 

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:30, lukestheman82 said:

Who has bought them?

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:32, S36 OWL said:

Some billionaire chinese geezer 

Edited by prowl

Sunderland are monitoring Boro midfield duo Adam Clayton and Adam Forshaw ahead of a possible move this transfer window.

The duo haven't featured under new boss Tony Pulis so far, and with Pulis saying he wants to trim his squad, they could be surplus to requirements.

Meanwhile, Ndong's future could be resolved over the next couple of weeks, with Watford understood to be weighing up a bid for the gabon star.

Ndong cost Sunderland a club record £13.6million in the summer of 2016, but reports in the national media claim Watford are hoping to sign the midfielder for as little as £8million.

Coleman has been linked with a move for free agent David Cotterill while he continues to have an interest in another Welsh international, Liverpool forward Ben Woodburn.

19 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Seen much of him have you or chatting rounduns for the sake of it?

What has Rhodes shown us in the eleven months he's been here that would indicate he's a top performer at this level? He can't hold the ball up, he's slow, he doesn't win many headers and he's been no better than mediocre at the only thing he's supposed to be elite at - finishing. Then take into account the fact that we already had 6 experienced strikers at the club (not including Hirst), the enormous fee and it's impact on our likely FFP situation at the moment and labelling him a "disaster" seems fair enough to me.

The rate at which he was scoring over two years ago (and he only scored 4 in his last 18 Blackburn appearances) is hardly relevant to us in the here and now is it?

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

So where does FFP come into it then? We were told previously that we were sailing close to the wind? Like I said, more questions than answers. Unless our new CEO has some interesting ideas to get around it, and ironically becomes our saviour?

Maybe the FFP stuff was just an attempt to stop other clubs trying to rip us off by suggesting we no longer have money? We can live in hope I guess...

45 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

The guy couldn't get a game at Northampton FFS

I don’t give a throw what he did at Northampton. Fact is while he’s was with us he offered much more than Jones and Butterfield ever have.

Edited by s6 owl

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I don’t give a throw what he did at Northampton. Fact is while he’s was with us he offered much more than Jones and Butterfield ever have.

He was offering us exactly what he offered Watford and Forest after he’d got fed up

the bloke isn’t even good enough to get a game for Northampton 

40 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He was offering us exactly what he offered Watford and Forest after he’d got fed up

the bloke isn’t even good enough to get a game for Northampton 

He was talented, but unfit and disinterested.

Bit like our team now.

18 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Well if it makes you feel better to split hairs, then help yourself.

But the fact is that we were committed in January to spending that amount and therefore it would have to be accounted for against FFP at that point, rather than in July or whenever the transfer was technically completed.

And if you want to be technical about it, as I understand it, the routine is that 50% of the fee is paid up front with the balance to follow at any point in the next twelve months. So it's possible that around £3-5m won't be paid to Middlesbrough until the summer.

Gee orrr making it up as you go along, You can't put 10 million through the books in January because you're going to spend it in July. Different accounting year.

39 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

Gee orrr making it up as you go along, You can't put 10 million through the books in January because you're going to spend it in July. Different accounting year.

I'm not talking about the financial accounts, but the impact against FFP which is over a rolling three year period. Whenever the funds are actually transferred (and as I said earlier, I think that can take up to twelve months) it still had to be accounted for when it came to further acquisitions. And the shortage of leeway appeared painfully evident when it came to replacing Semedo and Sasso which took us almost four months.

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

What has Rhodes shown us in the eleven months he's been here that would indicate he's a top performer at this level? He can't hold the ball up, he's slow, he doesn't win many headers and he's been no better than mediocre at the only thing he's supposed to be elite at - finishing. Then take into account the fact that we already had 6 experienced strikers at the club (not including Hirst), the enormous fee and it's impact on our likely FFP situation at the moment and labelling him a "disaster" seems fair enough to me.

The rate at which he was scoring over two years ago (and he only scored 4 in his last 18 Blackburn appearances) is hardly relevant to us in the here and now is it?

Didn't see say he was prolific anymore; indeed at the time when he signed I thought it didn't fit what was needed. My point was more this kid Wolves has signed could be absolute throw. How would you know how good value he is?

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

How would you know how good value he is?

Plain and simple... I don't. Nor do I claim to.

But the poster you responded to took the opportunity to show how mismanaged our own strategy has been by using Rhodes as an example, and I backed him up in that regard. It was only after I replied that it occurred to me you were making more of a point about the Wolves guy.