Jacob Butterfield

33 minutes ago, vulva said:

Won't make us a better team. Feels like a signing for the sake of it. 

We've got enough sub 6ft midfielders to fill 2 teams. We need some strength, and pace. Crying out for it. 

Name these 22 midfielders! We've currently only got Bannan and Jones fit.

If we hadn't got Butterfield and Bannan gets crocked on international duty this weekend people would be going mad saying we should have brought in extra CM cover before the window closed. 

41 minutes ago, vulva said:

Won't make us a better team. Feels like a signing for the sake of it. 

We've got enough sub 6ft midfielders to fill 2 teams. We need some strength, and pace. Crying out for it. 

We all want another Carlton Palmer but height is not that important. Keane was 5ft 10 and Scholes 5ft 7 and they did ok.

Personally think he's an upgrade on Jones - he's physical, can tackle, and can play. Given that Lee is nowhere near fit yet, and Hutchinson will miss large parts of the season, i think we needed this area strengthening. 

Edited by bigdan2003

I remember him playing well against us a few times. Good at reading the game, intercepting balls and quickly turning defence into attack with a well paced through ball or a good ball out to the flanks. A mobile right sided winger would have been handy to go with him, but it seems the deal could not be done in time.

With Abdi off the mark at the moment, Lee and Hutch both out, we needed somebody in this position more than we needed another striker warming the bench. I am sad to see Sam go for the whole season, but I am even more sad to see that our strikers are getting such poor service. Hopefully now that we can field two proper centre halves, one (JVA) who can really play some decent balls into midfield and attack and another midfield play-maker, our wingers can get forward more, our midfield and defence can find them with the ball more often and our attackers can get more good balls played into them from defence, midfield and the wings. Carlos's dream seems to be coming true at last. He now has a fully balanced squad apart from the other winger he wanted, but surely enough depth in quality across the field to play the attacking football he wants us to play and have flexibility to change the style and formation to give the opposition a good battering.

I am very pleased with the type of players brought in, but we will have to see if they can all play nicely together quickly and start to turn the results around.

Certainly if we can unlock the potential that Butterfield showed when at Huddersfield, that made him player of the season and worth £5M, we could have a really good player that we will all be clamouring for at the end of the season.

Good luck Jacob, great interview, I hope you are right and that your style and ours go together nicely.

UTO!

I've seen him and he has always played well a good addition and competition in midfield,I suspect Abdi will not figure anymore only Lin emergencies.

Winnhall leaving makes space for space for Hirst to break into the first team squad and that's what people have been shouting for

Edited by akbuk