Jacob Butterfield

11 minutes ago, Shrewsburyowl said:

with Butterfield and Hutch in centre midfield and Bannan on left with his comb over we will have the best midfield barnet combo's in Europe

I can actually see this happening a bit this season. Reach at left back with Bannan in front of him. Hutch/Jones and Butters in the middle, Boyd on the right. 

FF to come on and scare teams later on and sub one of the 3 off. Wallace can replace Boyd if needed. 

He's more of a box to box midfielder than Jones is,  capable of scoring a few goals aswell 

obviously hasn't had the best of spells at Derby but that doesn't mean he can't be an improvement on what we've got available, Keiren Lee is our best central midfielder and he's out injured so for me we had to improve our options ! And Butterfield does so 

From the outside, it looks like an odd signing. If Hutchinson, Lee and Bannon are fit, I would expect them to be the first choice 2/3 in CM and dont see Carlos as changing that, so he is proably brought in as cover or to challenge with Abdi and Jones for a place if two of those three are not available. I doubt he'll see many games, but perhaps we'll be surprised and he was brought because of a specific lack Carlos thought the current squad had that he will address

Think as well with Butterfield, there's no no doubt he's had a bit of a poor time of it at Derby but then he never fitted into their system. 

For the majority of his good form he played as part of a 442. This was at Barnsley, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough. Derby frequently played 433 and now play 4231 under Rowett. Butterfield was never really suited to that. Hopefully with 2 intelligent strikers ahead of him and the midfield 4 he can find the form that he was showing 2 years ago. Sometimes players just need a fresh start. 

Based on that vid he ain't a CDM. He looks like a cracking player, a better version of Bannan I'd say. But Bannan has been our best player this season so where does he fit in? 

Don't think Bannan/butterfield works because who does the donkey work?

2 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

If you want an opinion on him, probably best not to ask the Derby fans!

I couldn't tell whether they were being truthful about his awfulness or just being classic opposition fans. If it's the former I can imagine there is a seat on the bench that will be occupied by him for an extended period.

Exactly! Derby fans aren't exactly going to paint a pretty picture of him, if it was the other way round and Bannan left for Derby yesterday i could guarantee most of our fans would say he's useless, some fans still think Bannan should be dropped which is mental!! the only way to tell if he's a good signing is to see him play, who knows he might have been fed up at derby and this move could bring out the best of him, don't understand all the negativity when we haven't even seen him play in a wednesday shirt yet, Could end up being a key player for us this season

Carlos :  i'm wondering if you could help us out .

we got a player sam winnall like to get forward and score goals when he get the opportunity to be in the team and he's really good goal poacher as well but he's not fitting in my  style of play ....

Rowett : so like get forward does he can score goals lots of goals?

carlos : yes even when I telling to sit back he gets goals and goes forward 

Rowett : tell you what I will take him off your hands on a season long loan .I think I've got the perfect Player here for you loves to sit back  playing  Side to side and backwards

carlos :so he will never go forward and he'll never score goals doesn't matter who is  yes we'll swap....

Rowett : ok hahahahaaaaaa

Udders fan I work with says he's decent, talented, good passer and ball striker but a bit lightweight, very much a confidence player and liable to go missing in games. He said they had Derbys pants down when they got £6m for him. 

Sounds like we've just replaced  McGugan to me! And certainly not the kind of powerful driving force I think we're lacking in midfield (although I agree he's probably more use to the squad than Winnall would've been)

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Udders fan I work with says he's decent, talented, good passer and ball striker but a bit lightweight, very much a confidence player and liable to go missing in games. He said they had Derbys pants down when they got £6m for him. 

Sounds like we've just replaced  McGugan to me! And certainly not the kind of powerful driving force I think we're lacking in midfield (although I agree he's probably more use to the squad than Winnall would've been)

Decent, good passer, talented £6m player swapped in for one who cost us £500k a few months back doesn't sound too bad does it?

4 hours ago, danko_owl said:

Lee - injured, Hutch - injured, Abdi - injured or not fit....

....leaving Jones and Bannan in central midfield.

Hoops, Fletcher, Rhodes, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Joao to choose from up front.

With no further transfers allowed until January I think it's a good bit of business.

FF will be in midfield (because no room upfront)? Reach on the left? Boyd? Add Jones and Bannan. Is that five? Matias? Six? Are we in a European competition?