Forestieri to Fulham 12m

FFS sake!.

Let's not go down the Di Canio route again.

Have we not learned anything in the last 20 years?.

It is not down to playing one individual player, we should not try to build a TEAM around one player, no matter how good or popular the player is, if we want any form of success, then it is down to TEAM work, organisation, discipline, not individual flair.

IF we can get £12m for ANY p[layer, let alone FF, we should ****** the hands off any club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

FFS sake!.

Let's not go down the Di Canio route again.

Have we not learned anything in the last 20 years?.

It is not down to playing one individual player, we should not try to build a TEAM around one player, no matter how good or popular the player is, if we want any form of success, then it is down to TEAM work, organisation, discipline, not individual flair.

IF we can get £12m for ANY p[layer, let alone FF, we should ****** the hands off any club.

Aye, but this disenchantment won't disperse simply with FF's departure. I mean, who's next for scrubbing? CC's lost two play-offs, the last in dreadful circumstances. Not a meaningful shot on goal in the first leg. What must the players think about that? FF could well be the tip of the iceberg. In these circumstances it's usually the manager who's dispatched.

Edited by Athelwulf

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Aye, but this disenchantment won't disperse simply with FF's departure. I mean, who's next for scrubbing? CC's lost two play-offs, the last in dreadful circumstances. Not a meaningful shot on goal in the first leg. What must the players think about that? FF could well be the tip of the iceberg. In these circumstances it's usually the manager who's dispatched.

Perhaps they ought to have shot then.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He will be a Fulham player for 14 million pounds by the end of the window in my opinion.

Don't doubt Sally!

She stuck to her guns about Rhodes in the last window when

many on here said "no chance" but she was on the money with that one.

She's definitely I T K  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Get in the bin pal

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I think this FFP business is a smokescreen so we can sell players who want out without riling the fans - or a sector of them. "We had to sell FF to fund our new purchases", when the real reason is that FF wants out because he's sick of the football we play and he's no faith in the manager left.

We bid £3 million for Morrison, £6 mil was mentioned at that forum, and after signing Rhodes we were told that we weren't close to infringement.

It smells fishy to me, tunny to be precise.

Never a shortage of conspiracy theories on Owlstalk is there. What's your view on the moon landings?

• Haha 2

Its not about how much we are gonna get for him, its more about who we are going to spend it on, which positions we are gonna spend it on, and who's actually picking the players we are gonna spend it on...

3 more centre halves?

We have 

Hutch

Pudil

lees

Loovens

the Portuguese lad

and the incoming Dutch bloke..All can play centre half

Enough cover FFS!

Another forward...?

Rhodes 

Winnall

nuhiu

Hooper

Joao

Fletcher...

We seem to want 10 of f.ookin' everything..just in case!..

Wed are simply missing a bloody TEAM!..

11 blokes who can consistently play together

It honestly smacks to me of too many cooks spoiling the broth as regards buying and utilising players

Edited by asteener1867

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Never a shortage of conspiracy theories on Owlstalk is there. What's your view on the moon landings?

As you ask, I don't think they happened. I mean, those spacesuits simply wouldn't have stood the radiation. As for Wednesday, I genuinely don't think we're close to FFP. Simply because a few months ago the club said we weren't.

Guest Copthorneowl

Must be a huge relief to the many OT experts who solemnly predicted on several, no many occasions that we "wouldn't get 3/4 million etc his value has plummeted we've missed our chance etc. Etc."’

These are the same fans who don't rate him.  He's our most valuable player by far and  we have rightly if true, turned this offer down because in today's market it's an UNDERVALUED offer if he goes he's got to be worth at least the goal hanger/good striker Chris Wood (15m) at least. He scored today yeah yeah. 

I hope he stays and when you look at the way weve played this season so far we've looked very moderate, slow and lacking passion, sadly watching Leeds yesterday proved to me we are way off that standard which is almost certainly down to CC.

The anti FF brigade are about to be very happy I'm now worried we can only get worse, certainly if Winall is involved because he's simply not good enough for the way we play, lacks the skills to play at pace up front but he clearly is the angel in the dispute with Nando.

i FFs done very little of late to enhance his standing but what he has done in the past, what he's achieved  is not myth its fact, be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Must be a huge relief to the many OT experts who solemnly predicted on several, no many occasions that we "wouldn't get 3/4 million etc his value has plummeted we've missed our chance etc. Etc."’

These are the same fans who don't rate him.  He's our most valuable player by far and  we have rightly if true, turned this offer down because in today's market it's an UNDERVALUED offer if he goes he's got to be worth at least the goal hanger/good striker Chris Wood (15m) at least. He scored today yeah yeah. 

I hope he stays and when you look at the way weve played this season so far we've looked very moderate, slow and lacking passion, sadly watching Leeds yesterday proved to me we are way off that standard which is almost certainly down to CC.

The anti FF brigade are about to be very happy I'm now worried we can only get worse, certainly if Winall is involved because he's simply not good enough for the way we play, lacks the skills to play at pace up front but he clearly is the angel in the dispute with Nando.

i agree he's done very little of late to enhance his standing but what he has done in the past, what he's achieved  is not myth its fact, be careful what you wish for.

And if someone thinks we can spend 5/6/7 mill on a good player forget it if we gat 12/14 mill their price to us will reflect the dosh we've accumulated that's how it works.

Problem is, if we sell him we are so close to the end of the window, its not likely to help deals - and those we do, everyone will know we have 8/10/12/15m or whatever we get to spend.

Can you imagine the scenes if we ended up getting bent over by blackburn for Mulgrew? They're holding out for a million, we land £12m and them come back? Price will instantly double because they know we are desperate and have the cash.