Forestieri to Fulham 12m

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

I agree with that completely

And that's why Carlos has pissed him off to the extent he doesn't feel part of us anymore

Staggering comment - You're just trying to re-write history to back up your own agenda

18 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Spot the deliberate mistake !

" Hire big Nige".

"Play the way we should have been playing. Attack".

If we 're going to go down the pragmatic, efficient route (which i can live with if we're winning, not sure the 'purists' on here can though), i would go for one of our own Megson. 

Hire a man who couldn't get us out of league 1 to get us out of the championship? Are you all there?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After seeing how Pearson did at Derby, I'd not touch him with a barge pole.

We are turning into a derby.  Serial failures and underachievers and players ruling the roost. NP ,  if supported, would arrest that decline.

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

I think FF has been manipulated by the club

Quite possibly

Swings and roundabouts....after the Norwich debacle and the new deal...

Live by the sword die by the sword 

Edited by Lord Snooty

2 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

We are turning into a derby.  Serial failures and underachievers and players ruling the roost. NP ,  if supported, would arrest that decline.

He didn't at Derby: he took them into the relegation zone, sparked a dressing room revolt, and almost came to blows with the club's owner.

As I say, I wouldn't trust him at our club.

37 minutes ago, big moz said:

Take the £12 m - get Harlee Dean to bolster at CB, Irvine combines muscle and a decent finisher from midfield (if not already committed to Hull). Suspect FFP concerns mean we won't bid circa £8m for Jota or any other individual: For now, I'd continue monitoring Alan Judge's return to fitness also at Brentford and look to bring in a pacy young winger or wingback from a Premier side's reserves on loan to give more tactical options from the bench. Bannan and Hooper both keepers - not so many others regularly involved in the 18. Get rid of Big Dave this window (free if necessary) and Joao for a fee or on loan to get George Hirst involved some match days and incentivised to sign a new contract.

Totally agree, what most of us have been saying for the last 12 months but sadly our manager doesn't or refuses to see this

11 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

Hire a man who couldn't get us out of league 1 to get us out of the championship? Are you all there?

Well i was yesterday when i checked.

Coming from someone who equates attacking football with Good Ole Big Nige!!!!  Priceless.

Not advocating Megson.

I made the point that i would rather have him out of the two, but would actually prefer neither of them as both would be a backward step.

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He didn't at Derby: he took them into the relegation zone, sparked a dressing room revolt, and almost came to blows with the club's owner.

As I say, I wouldn't trust him at our club.

Derby gone too far by that stage - player power is in demic at pride park, as is underachievement. You can't write a manager off forever by one last bad job.

25 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Why? Forestieri played the best football of his career so far under Carlos.

There's no guarantee that a new manager wouldn't see him as a good squad option rather than a guaranteed starter, as was often the case under successive Watford managers.

I'm confident a new manager would better utilise the attacking options we currently have thus making us a more expansive, attacking side.

I'm also confident this would suit Forestieri's game more than our current slow, boring and predictable build up play.

14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Well i was yesterday when i checked.

Coming from someone who equates attacking football with Good Ole Big Nige!!!!  Priceless.

Not advocating Megson.

I made the point that i would rather have him out of the two, but would actually prefer neither of them as both would be a backward step.

A backward step from Carlos? Only megson would be that.

I equate Pearson with being able to do well in the transfer market after assessing a team's needs. Carlos fails awfully at this.