Forestieri to Fulham 12m

Guest Copthorneowl
25 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

when you say "what hes done in the past", he had a below par season last season - injuries and petulance disrupted, granted - and hasnt really "done" it consistently since the first season.

IF he was in that first season form, id sell every other player before him. But hes not. And previous form doesnt win us any points this season.

The reality is, hes behind at least Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes up front. Bannan and Reach seem to be more likely to get picked out left. Boyd and Wallace are dominating out right. Where does he fit? Is he now that irreplaceable, like he was in the first season?

Not really. Id like us to get him back to form, but the cold hard facts are that his "not doing it" stints are actively hampering us. 

I fully agree with your view of "reality" to a large extent yes he's behind Hooper and Fletcher but I can't accept he's behind Rhodes were it not for a scuffed goal and a good header against a reserve Bolton team I suspect you wouldn't have included him in that sentence either his form is worse the FFs.

However I believe a good manager (and I've fully been behind Carlos so far (probably blind faith or warped loyalty) would find a way to play better than a rigid 442 and include Nando in behind the strikers he's certainly good enough on all counts.

As for his not doing it stints I for one think the abuse he's had on social media, on OT, and as regards the shameful sky post (and I recognise he brought much of this on him) and the way Carlos has recently hung him out to dry means his confidence and bounce have literally been beaten out of him.

Not many would put up with the crap he's been served with and remained upbeat don't you think.

Sell.

He doesn't walk into our team any more, he wouldn't necessarily walk into Fulham's either which reduces the worries about strengthening a promotion rival. £12 million is an excellent price and if we could somehow bump it up even more then we really could re-invest to the point where our squad might actually be a proper improvement over last season's edition.

Let's kill two birds with one stone, by easing the worries over squad disharmony and FFP and just sell him. It doesn't really feel like it's working for Forestieri here and if we drag it out any longer his value may drop significantly.

Just now, wexowl said:

Rightly or wrongly there seems to be a bad atmosphere between the players, is it FF? if so get rid. Even if replacements are difficult/expensive to find     get rid    .

as i said previously the alleged situations at the training ground is reaching critical point and i unfortunately dont think CC can manage it.

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Yet still our most productive attacker last season. What does that say about the rest of them?

Not a lot mate

But...You have to realise that if FF wasn't there in those games..someone else would have been.

I like him..as a player, but there has to be doubts about his attitude, and I honestly don't think he worth upsetting 4 or 5 other players for..he's good, but THAT good? I dunno.

Its easy to make Forestieri a scapegoat to get rid of CC, but Ive watched Wednesday since the 60's..and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of players that actually "refused" to play...It doesn't sit easy with me...

19 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fair enough comment..but Reach plays where he is put......He doesn't moan about where or when, and hasn't refused to play

If you have a maverick player, who calls the tune, and you have to make allowances, but he is that good that you have to bow to it, for the sake of winning...fair enough...

Is FF that sorta player..?

I don't reckon he is...

Bannan is better..Lee is better when available and Westwood is worth more..

12 mill?

Take it..............

I don't agree. Yes we have to manage Nando and yes he's disruptive but he's the most talented player we've had at the club for years.  Bazza is a wonderful player, as is Kieren Lee but neither can bring goals or opportunities almost every time they get on the ball, which is what a fit and motivated Nando gives you. 

16 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I fully agree with your view of "reality" to a large extent yes he's behind Hooper and Fletcher but I can't accept he's behind Rhodes were it not for a scuffed goal and a good header against a reserve Bolton team I suspect you wouldn't have included him in that sentence either his form is worse the FFs.

!00% agree

10 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Sell.

He doesn't walk into our team any more, he wouldn't necessarily walk into Fulham's either which reduces the worries about strengthening a promotion rival. £12 million is an excellent price and if we could somehow bump it up even more then we really could re-invest to the point where our squad might actually be a proper improvement over last season's edition.

Let's kill two birds with one stone, by easing the worries over squad disharmony and FFP and just sell him. It doesn't really feel like it's working for Forestieri here and if we drag it out any longer his value may drop significantly.

He should walk into the side, without him we look to predictable and pedestrian.  I'd be very surprised if we got anything like £12 million.  Must admit its very tempting price if true , its vital we replace him if the story has any merit.

21 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

However I believe a good manager (and I've fully been behind Carlos so far (probably blind faith or warped loyalty) would find a way to play better than a rigid 442 and include Nando in behind the strikers he's certainly good enough on all counts.

As for his not doing it stints I for one think the abuse he's had on social media, on OT, and as regards the shameful sky post (and I recognise he brought much of this on him) and the way Carlos has recently hung him out to dry means his confidence and bounce have literally been beaten out of him.

Not many would put up with the crap he's been served with and remained upbeat don't you think.

To be fair FF was useless against Bolton reserves and missed a sitter.

To be honest though, even if there weren't the issues with FF, I'd be tempted to sell any player for 12m. 

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair FF was useless against Bolton reserves and missed a sitter.

To be honest though, even if there weren't the issues with FF, I'd be tempted to sell any player for 12m. 

Thats fine mate if you can get somebody in as good or more pertinently better. FFs apparently been bid 12mill that doesn't surprise me but obviously does surprise his detractors. Problem is Bluesteel we'll be held over a barrel  for players not as good or in different positions so do we really gain....probably but not certainly.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Thats fine mate if you can get somebody in as good or more pertinently better. FFs apparently been bid 12mill that doesn't surprise me but obviously does surprise his detractors. Problem is Bluesteel we'll be held over a barrel  for players not as good or in different positions so do we really gain....probably but not certainly.

If the interest has been going on all summer as hinted. Then I think there may be a domino effect here. We may have deals lined up and all but finalised for say 2 players and it is reliant on selling one. If we sell FF and that lets us get those pre arranged deals done at the agreed price then under the current circumstances where FF looks a shadow of his former self I think it would help us. We could be stronger as a whole and it would draw the line under one issue which has been casting a shadow for too long. 

If Carlos is staying in the long term I'd accept a 12m bid for him but only upfront and not in 3-4m instalments because over 3-4 years that's half a decent CB a season. I don't trust the club to re-invest it properly, but I also don't trust the club will utilise him properly under Carlos either if he's staying. If Carlos is on thin ice then please wait until January Mr. Chansiri.

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

How would selling Bannan help Lee get fit? 

I'm very much from the Club Sanity camp, but I think even my membership would be wavering and Id be looking at the membership details for Club Armageddon if we entrusted Jones to try and recreate whay Bannan gives us!

It's not replicating what Bannan gives us, it's that Bannan is undroppable. So unless he's at his best (which he isn't half the time) then he can be a detriment to Jones who is good enough to hold the ball and support the defensive line when needed. Jones/Hutch + Bannan rarely works, but Jones/Hutch + Lee/Abdi/Suitable replacement can be a better help for our forward line who doesn't get enough ball-to-feet service to score enough.

I'm not saying Bannan is poo and needs to be sold, I'm saying if the right offer comes along he is replaceable and it could benefit the team over the long haul.

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If the interest has been going on all summer as hinted. Then I think there may be a domino effect here. We may have deals lined up and all but finalised for say 2 players and it is reliant on selling one. If we sell FF and that lets us get those pre arranged deals done at the agreed price then under the current circumstances where FF looks a shadow of his former self I think it would help us. We could be stronger as a whole and it would draw the line under one issue which has been casting a shadow for too long. 

Fair point well have to wait and see, looking at our play (been to three games) we look poor overall and I'm not confident we can absorbe his loss and prosper - as you can see I'm a big FF fan but fully recognise his being here is now problematic with many fans. Don't know about players and don't think anybody else does tbh although they will post this to be a 'fact'.

Guest Copthorneowl
8 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

If Carlos is staying in the long term I'd accept a 12m bid for him but only upfront and not in 3-4m instalments because over 3-4 years that's half a decent CB a season. I don't trust the club to re-invest it properly, but I also don't trust the club will utilise him properly under Carlos either if he's staying. If Carlos is on thin ice then please wait until January Mr. Chansiri.

Hardly anybody pays up front Trueowl they almost all pay by instalments and then rely on financiers/bankers to provide the full money to the selling club against the security of the buying clubs contract. We didn't pay up front for Abdi and Pudil who were bought on a quite rare joint contract.

5 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

I don't like Carlos's current tactics & certainly his use of players needs to be questioned. Ultimately I believe it will cost him his job.

However in 4 seasons at Watford FF scored 20 goals from 80 appearances. In his 2 seasons with us he's scored 27 goals from 68 appearances, so you could argue that Carlos has utilised him better than any of his previous managers.