Forestieri to Fulham 12m

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Problem is, if we sell him we are so close to the end of the window, its not likely to help deals - and those we do, everyone will know we have 8/10/12/15m or whatever we get to spend.

Can you imagine the scenes if we ended up getting bent over by blackburn for Mulgrew? They're holding out for a million, we land £12m and them come back? Price will instantly double because they know we are desperate and have the cash.

It actually also depends on how desperate they are for 1 million.................................

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Must be a huge relief to the many OT experts who solemnly predicted on several, no many occasions that we "wouldn't get 3/4 million etc his value has plummeted we've missed our chance etc. Etc."’

These are the same fans who don't rate him.  He's our most valuable player by far and  we have rightly if true, turned this offer down because in today's market it's an UNDERVALUED offer if he goes he's got to be worth at least the goal hanger/good striker Chris Wood (15m) at least. He scored today yeah yeah. 

I hope he stays and when you look at the way weve played this season so far we've looked very moderate, slow and lacking passion, sadly watching Leeds yesterday proved to me we are way off that standard which is almost certainly down to CC.

The anti FF brigade are about to be very happy I'm now worried we can only get worse, certainly if Winall is involved because he's simply not good enough for the way we play, lacks the skills to play at pace up front but he clearly is the angel in the dispute with Nando.

i agree he's done very little of late to enhance his standing but what he has done in the past, what he's achieved  is not myth its fact, be careful what you wish for.

when you say "what hes done in the past", he had a below par season last season - injuries and petulance disrupted, granted - and hasnt really "done" it consistently since the first season.

IF he was in that first season form, id sell every other player before him. But hes not. And previous form doesnt win us any points this season.

The reality is, hes behind at least Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes up front. Bannan and Reach seem to be more likely to get picked out left. Boyd and Wallace are dominating out right. Where does he fit? Is he now that irreplaceable, like he was in the first season?

Not really. Id like us to get him back to form, but the cold hard facts are that his "not doing it" stints are actively hampering us. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Problem is, if we sell him we are so close to the end of the window, its not likely to help deals - and those we do, everyone will know we have 8/10/12/15m or whatever we get to spend.

Can you imagine the scenes if we ended up getting bent over by blackburn for Mulgrew? They're holding out for a million, we land £12m and them come back? Price will instantly double because they know we are desperate and have the cash.

Exactly!

I dunno why some fans don't realise this

It's like every player Barcelona now go in for has doubled in price - £135m for Dembele and similar quotes for Coutinho since they netted nigh on £200m for Neymar

Happens all the time

14 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Snap their bloody hand off at that price. 

I love Fessi and don't want him to leave but holy crap 12 mil get it done.

13 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'd let Forestieri go for that anday if the money is right I'd be tempted to let Bannan go.

I'd give up Bannan for 4-5 mil if it means Lee is back and healthy (or we go desperation mode and resign Lopez on loan to fill the gaps). Jones does a good enough job in the holding role that Bannan can do (albeit doesn't have his forward passing ability) and it will allow us to always start an attacking or play making CM up top like Lee/Abdi every game. My biggest complaint with Bannan is how he reverts to a deep position at times and sits right on Jones' heels and doesn't play up enough.

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Exactly!

It's like every player Barcelona now go in for has doubled in price - £135m for Dembele and similar quotes for Coutinho since they netted nigh on £200m for Neymar

Happens all the time

The problem is, what do we do? If we dont sell him now, will he stay and perform? or will we get the same/better offer in January?

Club cant really come out of this with a win, which is my main issue with grandads theory - theres no benefit to the club here either way.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

The problem is, what do we do? If we dont sell him now, will he stay and perform? or will we get the same/better offer in January?

Club cant really come out of this with a win, which is my main issue with grandads theory - theres no benefit to the club here either way.

If he doesn't go then he doesn't have a great deal of choice - he has to perform to maintain his value

I think the majority of our problems are in the way we set up tbh - lots of good players looking anything but the players they once were

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

There is always January if we need that extra push. If FF leaves it leaves less of a headache in accommodating all our strikers, and might give Joao another chance to being our speed/flair guy or super sub which we know he is capable of if given the chance.

9 minutes ago, scram said:

Exactly!

Happens all the time

Thats balanced by how much they want the cash though Scram, I agree if its Barca or a Man City or summatt....its "meh"..but if its a club who want rid and need the money, its a different scenario...

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats balanced by how much they want the cash though Scram, I agree if its Barca or a Man City or summatt....its "meh"..but if its a club who want rid and need the money, its a different scenario...

True to an extent...

But if it comes to brinkmanship (as it often does) then the club needing the player tend to blink first

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not about how much we are gonna get for him, its more about who we are going to spend it on, which positions we are gonna spend it on, and who's actually picking the players we are gonna spend it on...

3 more centre halves?

We have 

Hutch

Pudil

lees

Loovens

the Portuguese lad

and the incoming Dutch bloke..All can play centre half

Enough cover FFS!

Another forward...?

Rhodes 

Winnall

nuhiu

Hooper

Joao

Fletcher...

We seem to want 10 of f.ookin' everything..just in case!..

Wed are simply missing a bloody TEAM!..

11 blokes who can consistently play together

It honestly smacks to me of too many cooks spoiling the broth as regards buying and utilising players

Brilliant. If I could plus you multiple times I would.

2 minutes ago, Crack pot said:

It's all good selling fessi and getting 12 million but once we have sold him players that we will look at will want more and with Carlos's recruitment I don't think I'd like to see him sell one of our best players for another 2 Adam Reachs 

Who recruited Forestieri?

Edited by Sham67

Guest Deleted member

It's hilarious that we have owlstalkers who genuinely think that if we can somehow manage to screw Fulham for 12m they know of 2 better players we can spend the money on

Fknell

23 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

I'd give up Bannan for 4-5 mil if it means Lee is back and healthy (or we go desperation mode and resign Lopez on loan to fill the gaps). Jones does a good enough job in the holding role that Bannan can do (albeit doesn't have his forward passing ability) and it will allow us to always start an attacking or play making CM up top like Lee/Abdi every game. My biggest complaint with Bannan is how he reverts to a deep position at times and sits right on Jones' heels and doesn't play up enough.

How would selling Bannan help Lee get fit? 

I'm very much from the Club Sanity camp, but I think even my membership would be wavering and Id be looking at the membership details for Club Armageddon if we entrusted Jones to try and recreate whay Bannan gives us!

2 minutes ago, Crack pot said:

It's all good selling fessi and getting 12 million but once we have sold him players that we will look at will want more and with Carlos's recruitment I don't think I'd like to see him sell one of our best players for another 2 Adam Reachs 

Fair enough comment..but Reach plays where he is put......He doesn't moan about where or when, and hasn't refused to play

If you have a maverick player, who calls the tune, and you have to make allowances, but he is that good that you have to bow to it, for the sake of winning...fair enough...

Is FF that sorta player..?

I don't reckon he is...

Bannan is better..Lee is better when available and Westwood is worth more..

12 mill?

Take it..............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It's hilarious that we have owlstalkers who genuinely think that if we can somehow manage to screw Fulham for 12m they know of 2 better players we can spend the money on

Fknell

Not the point Nige....

I would be interested to know how many players would like FF to f.ook off though

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I think we'd miss him as he's been responsible for turning a lot of games in our favour over the last two seasons but if Carlos can't fit him in the team then we might as well sell?

Carlos doesn't seem to be able to fit a lot of good players into the side

If he isn't in charge of recruitment then he wants to tell those who are which formation he plays and the type of players he needs to make it work