Forestieri to Fulham 12m

I'd be sad to see FF go, brings a unique quality to the squad.

I think there's been more at play with him over the last 12 months, perhaps having a young family and the pressures that brings for him affect him and he may just want to be back in the south of England.

If we get a good fee for him then it might be best all round but the squad will definitely lose quality for not having him in it.

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

As someone who has no idea what is going on behind the scenes regarding finances or FF's effect (if any) on team morale, all I can really comment on is the impact selling him would have in pure football terms.

Seen enough of us without him to say we are an extremely dull, bang average team when he doesn't play. Absolutely no chance of promotion unless we sign a replacement imo. 

On top of that we still need a CM, a CB and LB. We still have a number of expensive wage sapping fringe players contributing virtually nothing, and we've had a poor start to the season.

What a complete mess.

Bang on!!!

During Carlos's first season at the club when we played with a swagger and won matches in style, Forestieri was absolutely central to almost everything we did going forward.

Since then his increased amount of absence from the side has come about at the same time as we've become an ever increasingly boring, slow, predictable and dull side to watch that struggles to break sides down.

If he leaves and goes to Fulham he'll become the best player in the league like he was his first season here when we built a side around him and we'll be a much weaker side for his absence.

Jota won't come to Wednesday. He's after a premier league club and Brentford have said the same. 

I hope I'm wrong, but think we will really struggle with signing anyone near FFs quality. 

And as for giving CC 12 million to spend we will prob get a few more strikers in :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Big concern is that if we do sell FF in the coming days will we have enough time to get new players in. It has taken us so long to address the CB problem that I have doubts if we would have enough time to get deals done that maybe we didn't think we would be able to do without the money.  

I think interest will have been there all summer and we could've even been touting FF on the basis that if we can raise X we can go to complete deals Y and Z

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's a bit daft - one kick at the end of 48 games.

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

My point is he has the freedom to just be dynamic .. not running back etc.. if ever the club needed him to be dynamic over a season, that was it in that moment

Take the £12 m - get Harlee Dean to bolster at CB, Irvine combines muscle and a decent finisher from midfield (if not already committed to Hull). Suspect FFP concerns mean we won't bid circa £8m for Jota or any other individual: For now, I'd continue monitoring Alan Judge's return to fitness also at Brentford and look to bring in a pacy young winger or wingback from a Premier side's reserves on loan to give more tactical options from the bench. Bannan and Hooper both keepers - not so many others regularly involved in the 18. Get rid of Big Dave this window (free if necessary) and Joao for a fee or on loan to get George Hirst involved some match days and incentivised to sign a new contract.

5 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Never thought would say this but if we can get 12 million for him now i think we should take it and just let carlos go out and find some more bargains like he had proven with FF, Bannan, Wallace, winnall, Fletcher, Hooper, Hunty. 

Think you're forgetting wages. Most of these players came to us because we offered higher wages than other clubs. Is our wage bill a cause of the FFP limit line?

12 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on!!!

During Carlos's first season at the club when we played with a swagger and won matches in style, Forestieri was absolutely central to almost everything we did going forward.

Since then his increased amount of absence from the side has come about at the same time as we've become an ever increasingly boring, slow, predictable and dull side to watch that struggles to break sides down.

If he leaves and goes to Fulham he'll become the best player in the league like he was his first season here when we built a side around him and we'll be a much weaker side for his absence.

I agree on the first point but I can't see FF ever being that player for us again. If we can get good money then it makes sense 

Buy low, sell high - Classic sales

We'l have quadrupled our outlay and got rid of the bad egg in the pack. The ultimate killing 2 birds with stone. Also, if we can bring in Jota (who is miles better than FF) then that would be the icing on the cake

If we get more that 12 million for him we'll had their pants down. 

Best news of the morning this, hope it materialises 

7 hours ago, BC1867 said:

Take the money.

Sack CC

Hire big Nige the horrible fanny who can go and purchase a centre back, a couple of pacey wingers and a better left back. 

Play the way we should have been playing. Attack. Winning.

Spot the deliberate mistake !

" Hire big Nige".

"Play the way we should have been playing. Attack".

If we 're going to go down the pragmatic, efficient route (which i can live with if we're winning, not sure the 'purists' on here can though), i would go for one of our own Megson. 

6 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Except it's well documented that he has said he will never manage a Sheffield team as he likes living here and doesn't want the hassle.

Yes I know there are a few things that would stop it (yours included) but it would be my ideal scenario. Other blockages may include:

1. Shakespeare is needed and he is a bit busy.

2. Sons antics in thaisland won't impress DC.

3. OUr self imposed no fees would mean in the short term he would have to use and get best out of an imbalanced squad.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Under Carlos I think you're right, under a new manager however who knows.

Why? Forestieri played the best football of his career so far under Carlos.

There's no guarantee that a new manager wouldn't see him as a good squad option rather than a guaranteed starter, as was often the case under successive Watford managers.