Forestieri to Fulham 12m

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well it is awful business if you blow your budget on players you don't really need

Well this is it! We have just brought in players to bolster the squad without any thought process.

After the Hull game, we should have analysed our shortcomings and brought in players to make us a balanced team and strengthen the first 11. 

£35million later and god knows in wages, our first 11 is no better. Absolutely ridiculous.

Managers with a plan and teams that have balance win Championships! We don't have either but I acknowledge we have good players.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

I think we needed reinforcement in midfield last summer. 

Abdi, on paper, was one of the signings of the summer. 

Rhodes seemed like an indulgence. 

Once again though that's with the joys of hindsight. 

You're right re: Abdi.

I think it's fair to say, when he signed, we all thought he was the missing piece in the jigsaw. We thought his signing would see Carlos revert back to the 4-2-3-1 he initially played when he first arrived, but didn't have a No.10 to do the role (once he found out McGugan couldn't/wouldn't perform the role).

As it happened, Abdi has never been fit whilst he's been here, and I'll be honest, I'm not sure if he ever will be.

In hindsight, Abdi has been a pretty disastrous signing, but at the time, we all thought he was an ideal signing.

However, the Rhodes one, was a signing, A LOT of Wednedayite's couldn't work out. Yes, many of us were excited by the signing, but we all said, he was a pointless signing if we continued to play the way we did. A lot of us said, he wouldn't score goals, unless the chances count was upped by a huge amount. 

And as a result, with hindsight, many of us were proved 100% correct with the Rhodes signing. It was an indulgence signing, but a signing that many of us, couldn't see working.