Forestieri to Fulham 12m

13 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

At this point you have to regard rejecting a bid of £12m or more for FF as utter insanity.

Get him gone.

Context

The selling of FF for £12m in isolation seems decent business

But to strengthen a direct rival - a rival who may well take our place in the promotion stakes?

That's an entirely different matter

If the offer is genuine then you have to take it. 12 million for a player who spits his dummy out time and time again. Yes he is a talent, but a team is bigger than one player.

Take the 12 mill, drop Hutchinson into CB, then we have 4, sign Diame to replace Hutch in CM. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf we have got fans writing Carlos off after doing a decent job :duntmatter:

We have. I personally believe he has done a good job however. My issue is i dont think he can give us that extra now to achieve what we want. I thinkq we gambled financially and it didnt pay off. In my opinionq it could be another season or two to reorganise and pick ourselves to get where we want to be.

Guest RocketOwl

If I was you lot, instead of finding fault in Fernando at every opportunity I'd take a look at the bigger picture.

Players like him our almost irreplaceable. There is a reason he's our only sellable asset. It's the manager whose not utilising out prized asset. McGeady, McGugan, Mcmannaman any player with any attacking flair fails with Carlos. 

Yet after years of watching the likes of Steve Howard, Sidibie, O GRady our "fanantsic supportive fans" are packing our best player off without even a second thought he might not be the issue.

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Context

The selling of FF for £12m in isolation seems decent business

But to strengthen a direct rival - a rival who may well take our place in the promotion stakes?

That's an entirely different matter

I know what you're saying, but without strengthening our midfield and defence, I'm not convinced we're going to make a good fist of a promotion push, to be honest. With Lee, Hutchinson and Abdi all struggling for fitness, we're basically down to Bannan and Jones in central midfield, and we're still using Pudil at centre back.

It would be great if a Premier League club came in for him, but in the absence of such interest, if selling to a fellow Championship team is what's required to improve our squad, then we may just have to go for it.

Of course, that all depends on us reinvesting the money on players who can come in and immediately improve our team, but that's another story...

Personally think that the player and the club decided he was off a while ago.

Probably for a number of reasons including his missus and little un and just a matter of time.

While I believe that all the recent stuff from CC re. the player isn't based in some truth, at the same time they have been putiing a positive spin on his inevitable departure.

What I do find quite funny though is those who want to judge CC on results and blame his management of FF for where we find ourselves yet refuse to acknowledge that in their own very simple terms of evaluation FF himself let himself/us down at the very start of last season and ultimately failed to deliver at the very end of the same season.

His relationship with Huddersfield pretty much wrote their script for the win and trip to Wembley and in a way he became a bit of a Tevez for them.  His name will always be a part of their promotion.

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

We were told for weeks we had no money before we signed Rhodes, no one knows really. 

Heres my theory - I think we gambled on promotion. Thats obvious of course, but I think we didn't actually have any money back then either, hence the loan and transfer in the summer. 

We didn't get promotion yet still had to pay the fee - which has now crippled us.

Not saying Chansiri doesn't have money - he clearly does have lots of it - but not the stuff that can be spent on players.

We now need to get back that money spent on Rhodes to get us back to a normal position, hence why FFP is being so heavily mentioned and hence having to reject 12 million for FF.  This would only give us 2-3 million of 'credit' to spend max - when we know we need 5-8 mil to get the centre back and replacement winger/attacker we clearly need.

Nothing against the player himself, but the Rhodes gamble, decided by Chansiri himself, has absolutely knackered us.

Edited by davey_wells

25 minutes ago, just visiting said:

:tango:

Nixon's got some reyt click bait with this one. Even Fulham fans are saying they've no money.

You were wrong, get over it. 

We we will not be selling one of our prize assets for 3 million. 

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Personally think that the player and the club decided he was off a while ago.

Probably for a number of reasons including his missus and little un and just a matter of time.

While I believe that all the recent stuff from CC re. the player isn't based in some truth, at the same time they have been putiing a positive spin on his inevitable departure.

What I do find quite funny though is those who want to judge CC on results and blame his management of FF for where we find ourselves yet refuse to acknowledge that in their own very simple terms of evaluation FF himself let himself/us down at the very start of last season and ultimately failed to deliver at the very end of the same season.

His relationship with Huddersfield pretty much wrote their script for the win and trip to Wembley and in a way he became a bit of a Tevez for them.  His name will always be a part of their promotion.

I don't like to criticise players for penalty misses, but his penalty miss at Huddersfield defined his season with us. I think that was the final nail in the coffin for him.

10 hours ago, s6 owl said:

According to today's sun but we want more

Barry Bannan and Gary Hooper are also 'live' targets for other championship clubs 

I will drive  him there mi  sen for that price 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

He will be a Fulham player for 14 million pounds by the end of the window in my opinion.

Yeah but do you have the inside track like JV. 

He is going for 250k because JV is in the know! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingsidney said:

According to the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed., fair do's is “something that you say in order to tell someone that you think something is fair.” Fair dues is about equally common but has a different meaning, akin to “give him his due.”May 16, 2013

There is no plurality to the word do.

Yourfuckinghighness.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don't like to criticise players for penalty misses, but his penalty miss at Huddersfield defined his season with us. I think that was the final nail in the coffin for him.

I don't want to go over the top with it but at the same time it shouldn't go without being acknowledged.

The very best players deliver their goods and valued contribution in the most important moments in big games.  Same rule for managers who live or die by it.

He put himself before the team and the whole new season at the start of last year.  He cost us the game from the spot at Brighton and his ongoing tussle with Huddersfield came to a head from the spot that night.  He knew, I knew and thousands more knew he was missing that penalty before he kicked the ball.

He is a great little player but not quite as great as he thinks he is.  It's why he plays for us and is potentially leaving for Fulham.