Forestieri to Fulham 12m

13 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The harsh reality is that clubs like us without parachute payments, who have a heavy wage bill, and want to continue to strengthen all areas, have to sell a player every now and then to balance the books. 

We can't just go skipping into the future with our fingers in our ears pretending it will sort itself out. 

And here we find ourselves with a player although very talented, is temperamental to put it mildly, has caused trouble, has gone AWOL, has had fall outs with team mates, who has had injury problems, and who hasn't even been in the team of late.....yet someone is STILL willing to give us £12m+ for him.

For me it's an absolute no-brainer.

Me too

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

But have they really offered 12 million, I doubt it, more likely something staggered, I think 12 up front DC would deal.

If theres one thing we know about DC it's that he isn't cheap.

if someone buys FF I think we can be pretty sure it's a significant - and highly competitive - amount of cash

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on!!!

During Carlos's first season at the club when we played with a swagger and won matches in style, Forestieri was absolutely central to almost everything we did going forward.

Since then his increased amount of absence from the side has come about at the same time as we've become an ever increasingly boring, slow, predictable and dull side to watch that struggles to break sides down.

If he leaves and goes to Fulham he'll become the best player in the league like he was his first season here when we built a side around him and we'll be a much weaker side for his absence.

If we keep him, his value will decrease. In simple terms he is always going to be high maintenance, do you honestly think that if someone else comes in on a high wage he' and his agent will accept it. He can'r be trusted with a penalty, he seems to be reluctant to track back - and if memory serves part of why we rated him was his work rate. Hes effectively half the player he was, but in this Neymar world, his value has gone up. I'm sure management will have a plan re using the funds, I hope it's not the crazy gamble that Rhodes was. 

If FF tears up the league in another team, so be it, we'll only play 'em twice (max). And we shouldn't be worried about other teams do - if we do our job right it won't matter.

2 hours ago, canadianowl said:

It's not replicating what Bannan gives us, it's that Bannan is undroppable. So unless he's at his best (which he isn't half the time) then he can be a detriment to Jones who is good enough to hold the ball and support the defensive line when needed. Jones/Hutch + Bannan rarely works, but Jones/Hutch + Lee/Abdi/Suitable replacement can be a better help for our forward line who doesn't get enough ball-to-feet service to score enough.

I'm not saying Bannan is poo and needs to be sold, I'm saying if the right offer comes along he is replaceable and it could benefit the team over the long haul.

Bannan has been our most creative midfielder since John Sheridan (I can't remember what Wim Jonk did so apologies if he was the real deal). On the assumption that FF is going, I cant see how losing Bannan will help,  especially as all are saying how well he's playing in a team that are boring to watch. I'd go as far as saying he's our most valuable player right now. Sell him in this window and we could be out of the play off picture in December (too much ground lost).

Can't believe what I'm reading here.

Selling the best player we've had in years to give Carlos more budget to spunk on garbage.

He has his flaws no doubt but he needs managing not hanging out to dry like CC has done.

I'll be devastated if he goes. 

• Like 1

Unbelievably, both the best manager and the best player we've had in the last 15 years are being hounded out of the club by its own fans, following our best two finishes in 15 years. 5 games into a new season - and we've only lost one game.

Mindblowing. We'll all be sorry if you get what you currently wish for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Unbelievably, both the best manager and the best player we've had in the last 15 years are being hounded out of the club by its own fans, following our best two finishes in 15 years. 5 games into a new season - and we've only lost one game.

Fans like Ike you do my head in. Literally no mention of the tens of millions that have been invested in the squad to get us to a position where we failed in the playoffs two years running. 

Is there risk in changing manager? Absolutely. Can we quantify that risk currently? Probably not. 

But there's also risk in keeping the same manager, and can we quantify that risk? (In my opinion) Yes - 100% he won't take us up. 

So keep on with the happy clapping but our fans shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to see a return on the substancial financial investment that's been made in recent years. We've all sat through the last 15 years of scrapping the barrel to afford a £500k player and I want to get to the next level as soon as possible before the investment dries up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Fans like Ike you do my head in. Literally no mention of the tens of millions that have been invested in the squad to get us to a position where we failed in the playoffs two years running. 

Is there risk in changing manager? Absolutely. Can we quantify that risk currently? Probably not. 

But there's also risk in keeping the same manager, and can we quantify that risk? (In my opinion) Yes - 100% he won't take us up. 

So keep on with the happy clapping but our fans shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to see a return on the substancial financial investment that's been made in recent years. We've all sat through the last 15 years of scrapping the barrel to afford a £500k player and I want to get to the next level as soon as possible before the investment dries up.

Fans like you do my head in. Believe that our achievements over the last two years were complete failures, utterly disregarding the enormous leap forward that we have made. Impatiently throwing their toys out of the pram. Over and over again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Is he happy clapping or not a miserable doom and gloom merchant? Not everybody wants Carlos and Fernando out. We'll regret both if they do go

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Doesn't really matter does it!? If it's true he doesn't want to be here then hopefully he goes, if not true then he will stay. He's hardly being 'hounded out'.

12m is just too good an offer to turn down. For a current bench warmer who, lets face it, doesn't want to be here. (or his wife doesn't at least!)

Saying that though, if we can squeeze Fulham for a extra 2 or 3m then we need to. 

Could sell FF, and buy a new CB, an FF replacement and if there's any spare a midfield enforcer we are crying out for. A big no nonsense poopydoo.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Could sell FF, and buy a new CB, an FF replacement and if there's any spare a midfield enforcer we are crying out for. A big no nonsense poopydoo.

We're sailing close to the FFP wind though aren't we ?

IF we sell FF, we free up say 30k a week in wages ?

we will need to pay the three signings yo talk about, I doubt we can get 3 quality players that have a combined wage of 30k or less

13 minutes ago, dobbo said:

If it's true he doesn't want to be here then hopefully he goes, if not true then he will stay.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

12m is just too good an offer to turn down. For a current bench warmer who, lets face it, doesn't want to be here. (or his wife doesn't at least!)

Why has this suddenly become an owlsatlk fact ?

Guest Arnold
14 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Why has this suddenly become an owlsatlk fact ?

Why are you so sure it isn't a fact? 

Edited by Arnold