Who would you sell?

44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We probably all have different opinions on who should be sold, but how have we got ourselves into this mess anyway? Our, quite frankly, ridiculous recruitment policy, that's how. I've said it before, whoever is responsible for our recruitment, should be following the medical team out of the door

you want chansiri out of the club ?........

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Keane played 90 mins for England in Germany. Do you think that Lees should be in the England squad?

No I don't, I don't think he's England class but I don't think Keane is anywhere near international classed based upon what he has done so far either. Lees has far many more first team appearances but as I've said before I actually think hutch is a better ch than lees so would actually strengthen our defence by selling him. I do think in today's ridiculous market £12-15m is what we should be aiming at, and back to the point about England it shows the current paucity of centre halfs around that Keane is anywhere near the England squad.

19 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Are you on crack? Why would you choose Fletcher over other forwards?

It was Fletcher's goals that enabled the 6 match winning run, that secured our play off position?

zxe.JPG

It's not that black and white though is it? In an ideal world I wouldn't get rid of any, but who's to say that Winnall wouldn't have scored more if he was playing or anyone else? We will never know. I was more thinking that we'd get more for Fletcher and he would free up twice as much wage. Rhodes only joined a month ago so he's going nowhere, Nuhiu will probably go imo anyway but for little money and not high wages. Joao is an odd one, I can't make my mind up about him. And no I'm not on crack, Zammo told me not to and I stick to his advice.

12 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

No I don't, I don't think he's England class but I don't think Keane is anywhere near international classed based upon what he has done so far either. Lees has far many more first team appearances but as I've said before I actually think hutch is a better ch than lees so would actually strengthen our defence by selling him. I do think in today's ridiculous market £12-15m is what we should be aiming at, and back to the point about England it shows the current paucity of centre halfs around that Keane is anywhere near the England squad.

John Stones - 47.5 million - says it all

On 7/24/2017 at 10:32, Blue and white said:

With the squad as top heavy as it is and Carlos saying he wants two players per position would you be happy with this.

GK Westwood/Wildsmith

RB Hunt/New

CB Lees/Loovens

New/Hutchinson

LB Fox/Pudil

LW Forestieri/Reach

RW Boyd/Wallace

CM Lee/Abdi

Bannan/New

CF Rhodes/Winnall

Hooper/Fletcher

Anyone not mentioned in the above needs to be on the transfer list and shipped out of the team, a bit of a cull is just what we need to get the wage bill down, free up some funds and ensures we have quality throughout the team.

With the 3 highlighted additions that squad should be able to go for top 2.

It got a few negs but I stand by this.

7 minutes ago, mike312 said:

It's not that black and white though is it? In an ideal world I wouldn't get rid of any, but who's to say that Winnall wouldn't have scored more if he was playing or anyone else? We will never know. I was more thinking that we'd get more for Fletcher and he would free up twice as much wage. Rhodes only joined a month ago so he's going nowhere, Nuhiu will probably go imo anyway but for little money and not high wages. Joao is an odd one, I can't make my mind up about him. And no I'm not on crack, Zammo told me not to and I stick to his advice.

My little rants aren't really about anyones choices. We all have different opinions on here. 

I'm pointing out that (on OT)  it's OK to suggest that we could sacrifice Rhodes/Winnall/Fletcher, but mention Hooper and it's like you insulted someones mother. 

I think someone (me) needs a little break for OT, until we're a few games in.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

My little rants aren't really about anyones choices. We all have different opinions on here. 

I'm pointing out that (on OT)  it's OK to suggest that we could sacrifice Rhodes/Winnall/Fletcher, but mention Hooper and it's like you insulted someones mother. 

I think someone (me) needs a little break for OT, until we're a few games in.

That's the thing with opinions, everyone has one, and they're never wrong, as we're seeing in the wider world.

Bannan

Hes a great player, but for me it's Hutchinson and another in the centre, and I'd put Lee and Abdi in the side ahead of him 

Carlos' obsession with playing him on the left or too deep is also a waste of time 

Abdi - not sure hes a 442 player, lookin injury prone n getting on

winnall - sizeable wages, too similar to other strikers i.e slight lack of pace and should be sellable

Pudil n fletcher maybe too old and highly paid to be moved on.

nuhiu, mcgugan not gonna offer anything

hopefully raise 4-5m+ and free up wages

We need some young prem loan players with pace to offer balance to a slow ageing side if there are any left, but cant see any of it happening

Edited by Ash77

Depends on how much we need to raise to get the defender(s) in really , Its all very well saying we need to shift on the likes of Joao , Matias and Palmer but for varying reasons their value has probably dropped.

FF seems the candidate to get the most money and was reported Watford are after players (BBC 31/7) and was talk earlier in the summer could be BS but in football who knows these days,  after him Winnall and Bannan probably have decent resale value.

Quite frankly I'm amazed we only gave Sasso a one year deal instead of two when 12 months ago this scenario wasn't difficult to imagine and secondly we haven't found one decent loan deal as things stand.

I can imagine DC has a difficult choice to make this week, 

We either need a mini clear out or start getting more from the players we have brought in. For me Nuhiu, Mcgugan,Matias, Joao, Jones and Abdi are all taking up wages for little or no value to the squad all for different reasons.

It's all ifs and buts.

in order to sell someone, another team has to have seen them play in order to want them. Realistically we would have to sell someone like ff, joao, fletcher, players that have actually had game time. 

Like others have already said too, why did we sign Rhodes and winnall if we knew we close to the ffp cut off point. 

Rhode's fee could have been spent on two defenders, but all shoulds and coulds... hopefully Rhodes could be difference, but we really need to sign a defender.

7 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Quite frankly I'm amazed we only gave Sasso a one year deal instead of two when 12 months ago this scenario wasn't difficult to imagine and secondly we haven't found one decent loan deal as things stand.

Given the lack of game time Sasso has whilst on loan, he was only prepared to sign for one year? Right decision from his point of view of so, as he played even less last season!