Who would you sell?

9 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Rhodes.

I just cant see it happening for him, gutted for him but he's just going to be a player that we don't supply properly and when he does get chances he's snatching at shots etc in his eagerness.

I still think / hope he will be our top scorer this season.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we were this close to FFP limits, why the hell did we buy Winnall AND Rhodes?

Suspect the Winnall signing was because he was a bargain and worth far more than what we paid?

Rhodes, well his scoring record at this level isn't matched by anyone, so his signing was a no brainer (well, assuming we play to his strengths, which didn't happen last season).

10 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Rhodes.

I just cant see it happening for him, gutted for him but he's just going to be a player that we don't supply properly and when he does get chances he's snatching at shots etc in his eagerness.

It will happen for him as long as we provide him with the service, if we're going to carry on & give our strikers as a whole sweet F.A to feed on then what can you expect....I'm convinced it will be his season!

#WAWAW

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

McGugan, Joao, Nuhiu, Matias, Palmer, the list goes on

Yes but you can only sell players that others want to buy and at a price both clubs can agree on and presumably wages that can be agreed which leaves 3 massive problems there. 

Maybe it isn't FFP, Chansiri might have outlined a budget and decided to draw the line. Think about how many players he's signed these past two seasons, it's a hell of a lot on wages and transfer fees with little going the other way. He's had the backing but not used it wisely (unless someone else has being dealing with bringing players in) who knows! 

41 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Presumably, it was a gamble/business decision in case of injuries/loss of form to get us over the line last season.

An incredibly naive decision if that was the case. Did we just think that we could tack the goals of Winnall and Rhodes onto what we had? It was clear (to me anyway) that, this was never going to happen with the way we set up

Just now, gurujuan said:

An incredibly naive decision if that was the case. Did we just think that we could tack the goals of Winnall and Rhodes onto what we had? It was clear (to me anyway) that, this was never going to happen with the way we set up

I'm still gobsmacked why you waste your talents on OT when you obviously should be managing a top Premiership club.

Where did it all go wrong?

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Winnall was also one of the leading scores in the league when we signed him, then we left him on the bench in when the game was crying out for him and brought Dave on.

Along with a few others, he came here full of confidence and had the stuffing knocked out of him due to very bad man management imo...

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Obvious to me as well.

So do I pal, I think he's the best finisher we've had for a long time I just can't see it happening for him here for many reasons, early pre season signs were good, lots of crosses into the box, quicker build up play, as pre season wore on we seem to have been slowly morphing back into last seasons slow and steady, 20 touches to achieve what 3 could have kind of style which really doesn't suit him. He just doesn't touch the ball if we play like that.

Thanks for the neg by the way Trev, we all know that we could sell lots of players that aren't near the 1st team but I interpreted the question as who would we sell so that we could sign a top centre back, if we sold the players on your list we'd struggle to afford Richard Stearman with the profits.

40 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I'm still gobsmacked why you waste your talents on OT when you obviously should be managing a top Premiership club.

Where did it all go wrong?

Sometimes I think the same, but then I wouldn't be able to spend so much time on here

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

The likes of McGugan, Palmer and Nuhiu won't raise much cash. If we need to generate a few million then it's Bannan and Winnall for me. We can sell both of those and still remain strong in their respective positions.

Apart from the fact that Bannan is our most important play, maker. I wouldn't sacrifice him for a CB.

Surprised at people wanting to sell Winnall, I'd rather sell Joao. Winnall bagged 14 goals last season in a mediocre Barnsley side and looked good coming off the bench for us.

Joao on the other hand, can't get into our team and was benched for an extremely dodgy Blackburn side when sent to get experience. People say he's young but at 23 he's a very average championship striker whilst Winnall is three years older but looks a very decent championship goal scorer.

Then there's Big Dave...