Who would you sell?

10 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Jones, McGugan (obviously), Fletcher (for the wages and likely fee), Abdi (as he's never fit.)

Are you on crack? Why would you choose Fletcher over other forwards?

It was Fletcher's goals that enabled the 6 match winning run, that secured our play off position?

zxe.JPG

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Why so convinced that we will end up with Hanley?  I thought that ship (Theseus) had sailed?

He has no future at Newcastle, whilst obviously they don't need the money it makes little sense to keep him, pay him and not play him. I honestly think his price will drop and a deal will be done nearer the end of the window.

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

12-15m for Lees? Not worth half of that. I like Lees but vastly overrated by Wednesday fans, in today's market his true value is £4 a £5m. If we go up he'll need replacing 

I'd get rid of Rhodes, doesn't do enough for me and based on what I've seen his career is on a downward curve having peaked at Blackburn.

Behave, his true value probably is around £5-7.5m but in today's ridiculously over inflated market we should be looking at £12-15m for him. I don't think he's significantly poorer than Michael Keane who after 1 premiership season has gone for £30m. Also under current transfer regulations Rhodes can't move again in this season (iirc).

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I fully agree with your post. Nuhiu needs to go - he has divided opinion like no other on this forum but if we are serious about promotion, I think Carlos needs to take away of having him on the bench to bring on to see games out. It is a very negative tactic - we should be more positive than that. However, I would like to say that I have also appreciated his work ethic and his professionalism. I like Sam Winnall and to be fair he has given his all since he has come to the club and he doesn't deserve to be out of the 18 man squad which is likely to be the case at Preston.  We could get £2million plus for him and he deserves to be playing week in, week out for a good championship side.  

yeah, I like Winnall but think he would be better off at another club

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Winnall, Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher all have a lot to offer us and as forwards go I think that's the best set of strikers collectively in this league. 

Dave and Joao should be moved on.

Oh good lets hope that you''re consistent & berate those that are suggesting Fletcher, Winnall & Rhodes?

My guess is you won't for these players. You'll only for suggesting the guy to the extreme right of this chart:

aaaCapture.JPG

To be completely dispassionate about it, if we do need to sell, then sadly Winnall is the man. As a goalscorer, he would command a decent price, and goalscorers are always in demand. We are oversubscribed in the forward department and all the others are either, regular starters, or offer attributes that the starters don't have. 

Guest Ash76
4 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Behave, his true value probably is around £5-7.5m but in today's ridiculously over inflated market we should be looking at £12-15m for him. I don't think he's significantly poorer than Michael Keane who after 1 premiership season has gone for £30m. Also under current transfer regulations Rhodes can't move again in this season (iirc).

You're absolutely crazy if you think Tom Lees is in the same league as Michael Keane, goes to sleep too often and doesn't look the same player if not playing with Loovens.

He also struggles carrying and distributing the ball from defence 

Edited by Ash76

6 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

12-15m for Lees? Not worth half of that. I like Lees but vastly overrated by Wednesday fans, in today's market his true value is £4 a £5m. If we go up he'll need replacing 

I'd get rid of Rhodes, doesn't do enough for me and based on what I've seen his career is on a downward curve having peaked at Blackburn.

Bartley has one good season on loan at Leeds and prices quoted for him seem to be £8-10m. Harry Maguire was worth how much a season ago - £4m? Convinced Lees will make the step up to the Premier League. Agreed though, he's not worth £12-15m - but that should be our asking price in today's crazy market!

Rhodes scores goals - well if you play to his strengths (neither us or Boro have) - and I'm happy to have a strike that does only that!

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

To be completely dispassionate about it, if we do need to sell, then sadly Winnall is the man. As a goalscorer, he would command a decent price, and goalscorers are always in demand. We are oversubscribed in the forward department and all the others are either, regular starters, or offer attributes that the starters don't have. 

So we sell the forward that scored the most championship goals (most for a mid table side)? And keep the ones that scored far less?

Wednesday fans are bizarre when it comes to goal scorers. Completely bonkers.

43 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

So we sell the forward that scored the most championship goals (most for a mid table side)? And keep the ones that scored far less?

Wednesday fans are bizarre when it comes to goal scorers. Completely bonkers.

Wouldn't want to sell anyone mate, but the hypothetical question was, if we needed to sell someone, who would you sell

First of all, it has to be someone who clubs would want, someone who would command a decent fee, and someone we have reasonable cover for All fingers point to Winnall

Edited by gurujuan

7 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Behave, his true value probably is around £5-7.5m but in today's ridiculously over inflated market we should be looking at £12-15m for him. I don't think he's significantly poorer than Michael Keane who after 1 premiership season has gone for £30m.

Keane played 90 mins for England in Germany. Do you think that Lees should be in the England squad?

Just now, gurujuan said:

Wouldn't to sell anyone mate, but the hypothetical question was, if we needed to sell someone, who would you sell

First of all, it has to be someone who clubs would want, someone who would command a decent fee, and someone we have reasonable cover for All fingers point to Winnall

For me the fingers wouldn't point at the forward with the most championship goals, last season.

Just now, Blue and white said:

If its saleable assists were looking at then who here would cash in on our biggest assist FF for 15m+. Just playing devils advocate but if you could get that some of money for him and bring in 3 absolute quality players for this level would you do it.

Depends on a number of things.

If it's the Forestieri of 2015/16, who is free to roam and pop up mainly on the left, then I'd keep him.

If it's the Forestieri of 2016/17, who is shunted upfront and doesn't look half the player he did the previous season, then I'd sell him.