Who would you sell?

Westwood.

Bannan.

Big Dave.

And Hooper.

I'd play Rhodes and winnall

together.

If I could only sell one of the above it would be Bannan. I suppose I'll get slated for picking him but I honestly feel he's our weakest midfielder and slows everything down.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

If its saleable assists were looking at then who here would cash in on our biggest assist FF for 15m+. Just playing devils advocate but if you could get that some of money for him and bring in 3 absolute quality players for this level would you do it.

I would honestly think about it. If rumours are true about £14m last season that Newcastle offered then I'm sure we could demand it this year.

That amount of money could be reinvested in 3 quality players as you say, starting with 2 CB as a minimum (my last pick would be a pacey winger but I'm not sure Carlos would agree).

Clubs need to be interested in the players in order for us to sell them so after FF I'd then look to ship Bannan on. He's been a shadow of himself since his first season here and we could get a few million for him surely. We have ample cover in CM and I'm not sure he'd be a massive miss anyway.

9 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Given the lack of game time Sasso has whilst on loan, he was only prepared to sign for one year? Right decision from his point of view of so, as he played even less last season!

Maybe so but we knew Dielna and Lachman were going this summer and it's possible an improved offer could have got a two year deal rather than one.

The clubs recruitment team have dug us a hole in central defence which should not have happened with a bit of foresight.

DC has a tough choice to make this week but without signing a minimum of one central defender any realistic hope of promotion is out of the window because as we have seen in the last two seasons our squad has been far too injury prone and we don't have the numbers in the middle to cope. 

We went into the Huddesfield games with half the squad either injured , carrying minor injuries or coming back from injury and ultimately paid a heavy price for it.

You would have thought someone would have got a handle on this before sanctioning last January's spending. We knew we would require the players who we failed to bring in last summer, and those are the players we should have prioritised It wasn't necessary to buy Winnall, Rhodes and Fox, we had adequate cover in those positions and could also have used the loan market if we thought we needed additional cover

Edited by gurujuan

12 minutes ago, Thurnscoe_OWL said:

I would honestly think about it. If rumours are true about £14m last season that Newcastle offered then I'm sure we could demand it this year.

That amount of money could be reinvested in 3 quality players as you say, starting with 2 CB as a minimum (my last pick would be a pacey winger but I'm not sure Carlos would agree).

Clubs need to be interested in the players in order for us to sell them so after FF I'd then look to ship Bannan on. He's been a shadow of himself since his first season here and we could get a few million for him surely. We have ample cover in CM and I'm not sure he'd be a massive miss anyway.

Holy christ get rid of our only flair player (FF) and keep the slow, wet brown paper bag that is Rhodes. We wouldn't even be having this who would you sell conversation had we not taken a monumentally stupid gamble on a player who took Blackburn beyond FFP when they signed him as a gamble to get back in Prem at first time of asking. 

31 minutes ago, The major said:

Westwood.

Bannan.

Big Dave.

And Hooper.

I'd play Rhodes and winnall

together.

If I could only sell one of the above it would be Bannan. I suppose I'll get slated for picking him but I honestly feel he's our weakest midfielder and slows everything down.

Someone has to slow it down

Otherwise it'll be 80s style hoofball...

The England's women's team is a good example of that 

Going for quick killer balls all the time =

Very little possession = defending more = dropping deep = isolated forwards 

Edited by camffiti

8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

There's got to be balance I agree.

Look at it from another perspective tho.

You're at the game and the opposition keep moving and passing towards your goal at pace with plenty of support and options...would you enjoy it?

Better that they have a ponderous build up in their own half to settle the nerves eh?  

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We probably all have different opinions on who should be sold, but how have we got ourselves into this mess anyway? Our, quite frankly, ridiculous recruitment policy, that's how. I've said it before, whoever is responsible for our recruitment, should be following the medical team out of the door

What would you define as 'policy'?

20 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I understand what you saying but we need someone to getting moving forward for me Abdi could be the one. Someone who can't spay it out to the wingers and also through balls on the deck to our forwards. I suppose we all see it differently.

3 hours ago, superowls23 said:

Rhodes.

I just cant see it happening for him, gutted for him but he's just going to be a player that we don't supply properly and when he does get chances he's snatching at shots etc in his eagerness.

:manager:

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

Maybe so but we knew Dielna and Lachman were going this summer and it's possible an improved offer could have got a two year deal rather than one.

The clubs recruitment team have dug us a hole in central defence which should not have happened with a bit of foresight.

DC has a tough choice to make this week but without signing a minimum of one central defender any realistic hope of promotion is out of the window because as we have seen in the last two seasons our squad has been far too injury prone and we don't have the numbers in the middle to cope. 

We went into the Huddesfield games with half the squad either injured , carrying minor injuries or coming back from injury and ultimately paid a heavy price for it.

But Dielna and Lachman were behind Sasso in the pecking order, so they won't have impacted on Sasso's game time?

Agreed with the rest.

Off the top of my head this ....

First out the manager. 

Then...

Nuhiu, Jones and Fletcher. [and then we see how it goes for the first dozen games] 

I want to Matias, McGugan and Winnall given a proper run in the team I think they can surprise everyone. 

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

I'm still gobsmacked why you waste your talents on OT when you obviously should be managing a top Premiership club.

Where did it all go wrong?

Hes probably not a top premiership manager for the same reasons Carlos isnt

2 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Rhodes 6m
Bannan 3m

Nuhiu 1m

That's who I'd sell, and that's all I think we'd get if we're offering them away. Enough for a couple of centre halfs and a winger though surely?

1m for Dave :tango:

6 minutes ago, Owl_80 said:

Off the top of my head this ....

First out the manager. 

Then...

Nuhiu, Jones and Fletcher. [and then we see how it goes for the first dozen games] 

I want to Matias, McGugan and Winnall given a proper run in the team I think they can surprise everyone. 

Matias can surprise me by simply playing more than 3 matches a season

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Winnall - should make a pretty hefty profit on him. What's he worth in today's market, £4m?

Leaves us with Rhodes and Hooper as my preferred front two, with Fletcher and Joao to add something different and also allows Hirst some game time too.

I'd be getting rid of the stupidly over paid fletcher (another smart move) and the ineffective Joao over winnall