Owls v Rangers - OMDT

Just now, LoOkOut said:

True but why not start to give abdi a go instead of jones?

People are going on about the defence because hunt and pudil today were league one at best.

I'd love to give him a go! They always been. Look at the first season under CC. Most goals we conceded was from wide situations

Let's be honest that Rangers squad is bang average. Most teams in the Championship have better squads than them. Maybe CC told them to play crap so DC would sign some new players :-)

seems CC yet again has his favourite players and will fit them in anyway possibly. Really wish he would give Abdi a fair chance but no chance he will drop any of his favs. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

33 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

Jones was awful, bannan was awful. But both got 90 mins. Bet abdi was reyt chuffed 

exactly my posts last season I was were critical of those 2 in our middle of midfield . if abdi lee  or hutch don't start next Saturday in place of them and we don't get a class centre half in I really think we could get hammered against preston . out tactics aint changing its a big worry.

10 minutes ago, snufkin123 said:

Looks like the same tactics as last season :rolleyes: Why can't we be more positive as we were in Carlos's first season ? We need our best players playing in their best positions to get the best out of them. We need two true wingers playing on the wings and not cutting inside all the time. We need decent crosses from those wingers in to the box to support our proven goalscorers giving them the service they need to score. We need the midfield to be more forward-thinking to help the strikers and have a shot at goal when they can - Abdi is a perfect example of an attacking midfielder playing just behind the strikers (24 goals in 129 appearances for Watford - not a bad return !)

We need the goals this season for goodness sake and we've got the proven goalscorers to score those goals, but if we don't play positive football and play to their strengths unfortunately we will not get them. Our strikers should be in or around the box and should not have to keep tracking back to gather the ball with their backs to the goal.

We have talented players - we need them to be able to demonstrate that talent and that won't be achieved using negative tactics.

Please go for it against Preston Carlos or you'll have many disgruntled fans on your back I'm afraid.

Agreed, but none of these things will happen under this manager.

We know how he wants to play and it won't change.

In fact i would be surprised if he even changes the team one bit.

I've never known a manager so stuck on one plan and one set of players. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it isn't working.

So many players bought in and wasted, whilst Carlos stubbornly sticks to virtually the same plan he inherited from Gray.

To me it's really worrying that the style of play is so lacking in energy, pace, determination, width or even any discernible plan.  There was no intelligent movement at all today.  If that is a sign of things to come, the season will be over before Christmas.  And what could be worse, is that the pigs might do the double over us.  How embarrassing would that be!

17 minutes ago, snufkin123 said:

Looks like the same tactics as last season :rolleyes: Why can't we be more positive as we were in Carlos's first season ? We need our best players playing in their best positions to get the best out of them. We need two true wingers playing on the wings and not cutting inside all the time. We need decent crosses from those wingers in to the box to support our proven goalscorers giving them the service they need to score. We need the midfield to be more forward-thinking to help the strikers and have a shot at goal when they can - Abdi is a perfect example of an attacking midfielder playing just behind the strikers (24 goals in 129 appearances for Watford - not a bad return !)

We need the goals this season for goodness sake and we've got the proven goalscorers to score those goals, but if we don't play positive football and play to their strengths unfortunately we will not get them. Our strikers should be in or around the box and should not have to keep tracking back to gather the ball with their backs to the goal.

We have talented players - we need them to be able to demonstrate that talent and that won't be achieved using negative tactics.

Please go for it against Preston Carlos or you'll have many disgruntled fans on your back I'm afraid.

Still the same problem as last year. Abdi would be better in a 352 or 532 but we dont want that system. Pointless having some of our players

3 minutes ago, Kevan said:

To me it's really worrying that the style of play is so lacking in energy, pace, determination, width or even any discernible plan.  There was no intelligent movement at all today.  If that is a sign of things to come, the season will be over before Christmas.  And what could be worse, is that the pigs might do the double over us.  How embarrassing would that be!

Carlos has a decent squad and yes we do need a cb but not much more.

Abdi is a great player to have in the middle but playing him deep will not get the best out of him, and you can see Carlos doing the latter.

Players like bannan and Jones are awful now under Carlos.

1 hour ago, owls66 said:

Some peoole can never be pleased.

I've just left the ground I cannot believe how well we played. We drove at them and had them on their back heels for most of the game.

I can honestly say that if we apply ourselves like that at Preston, they have no way of stopping us.

Easily one of the best performances I've seen in a long while by Wednesday. We were just unlucky.

You are joking right??

57 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Personally I left quite worried: if Carlos intends on a Jones / Bannan centre partnership that is disappointing. 

The defence looking rattled at the slightest pressure even more so. 

The same Jones Bannan partnership that won their previous four league games together?

1 hour ago, owls66 said:

For all those moaning, did you go?

When I was leaving the stadium people where literally gushing by how well we performed. It's just those on here who think they know it all.

I know it's only one game so we can't get carried away but if that is evidence of things to come then we can certainly feel confident about our chances. For those slagging off Jones - he absolutely bossed the midfield today. His corners were dream like. I was nursing a big, fat f*ckin' hard-on every time he stepped up to take a corner they were that good. 

Like I said - we were unlucky.

The better team lost today, simple as.

Are you sniffing glue ? 

44 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The same Jones Bannan partnership that won their previous four league games together?

2 games. Newcastle and QPR. 

They were also the pairing for our worst performances of the season. Villa away, Reading at home, Burton at home, Wigan away...

We wouldn't get near the play play offs with those playing together every week. Really weak, poor pairing.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould