Owls v Rangers - OMDT

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

This is the third transfer window we have been trying to sign a centre half . Unbelievable . 

Something has seriously got to be wrong with whoever is in charge of finding our players.

I don't think that problem lies with Carlos myself .

5 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Something has seriously got to be wrong with whoever is in charge of finding our players.

I don't think that problem lies with Carlos myself .

I'm not sure with whom the problem lies.... but a problem nether the less.

Everybody keeps banging on at our defence, but what about our midfield? Minimal crosses into the box, any cross we do have goes wide or doesn't beat first man. Bannan and Jones, what do they offer? 

Fact is, we wasn't good enough last year, and we've made one signing. Think about it!

2 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Everybody keeps banging on at our defence, but what about our midfield? Minimal crosses into the box, any cross we do have goes wide or doesn't beat first man. Bannan and Jones, what do they offer? 

Fact is, we wasn't good enough last year, and we've made one signing. Think about it!

True but why not start to give abdi a go instead of jones/bannan?

People are going on about the defence because hunt and pudil today were league one at best.

Edited by LoOkOut

Looks like the same tactics as last season :rolleyes: Why can't we be more positive as we were in Carlos's first season ? We need our best players playing in their best positions to get the best out of them. We need two true wingers playing on the wings and not cutting inside all the time. We need decent crosses from those wingers in to the box to support our proven goalscorers giving them the service they need to score. We need the midfield to be more forward-thinking to help the strikers and have a shot at goal when they can - Abdi is a perfect example of an attacking midfielder playing just behind the strikers (24 goals in 129 appearances for Watford - not a bad return !)

We need the goals this season for goodness sake and we've got the proven goalscorers to score those goals, but if we don't play positive football and play to their strengths unfortunately we will not get them. Our strikers should be in or around the box and should not have to keep tracking back to gather the ball with their backs to the goal.

We have talented players - we need them to be able to demonstrate that talent and that won't be achieved using negative tactics.

Please go for it against Preston Carlos or you'll have many disgruntled fans on your back I'm afraid.