Owls v Rangers - OMDT

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Credit where it's due, Rangers were very good. We were bobbar mind but still.

This is what pre season is for, to find our weak points and iron them out. What we now know is that bannan and Jones can't play together in the midfield. We need a beast there so bad

How can we find our weak points and iron them out when the weak link is managing the team?

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can't we at least wait 5 or 6 games into the season before we all decide that it is a write off? 

5? 

6? 

No? 

I'm afraid not, every time I see Pudil on the team sheet at CB I make the assumption we just aren't going to cut the mustard this year, the warning signs were clear to see at Mansfield. I just hope they've got the CB's lined up what they've spoke about. 

6 minutes ago, owls66 said:

Some peoole can never be pleased.

I've just left the ground I cannot believe how well we played. We drove at them and had them on their back heels for most of the game.

I can honestly say that if we apply ourselves like that at Preston, they have no way of stopping us.

Easily one of the best performances I've seen in a long while by Wednesday. We were just unlucky.

:manager:

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

I'm afraid not, every time I see Pudil on the team sheet at CB I make the assumption we just aren't going to cut the mustard this year, the warning signs were clear to see at Mansfield. I just hope they've got the CB's lined up what they've spoke about. 

One fit CB one week before kick off, i mean thats fine isnt it, just before our 'promotion season', its all good. Planned and executed to perfection. What is there to moan about. All is good

Wednesday have good individuals, but they're not a good team. Yes, it's a friendly, and you expect our players to be blowing a bit. But it's the lack of cohesion which is the real worry. Gers looked a team, and far sharper than us, and probably should have won by more. And if Wednesday are looking for centre halves...and a manager...look no further.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Sodding Pudil at CB, this really need some sorting this week. We have known so long we have needed a new CB yet we find ourselves 6 days away from the season starting and still haven't got one in. 

We needed them last season imo it didn't happen.

What does abdi have to do to start?

This will not end good for Carlos if we start slow again.

9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I would take a season of mediocrity if it meant most on here would move on and take there negativity with them 

Traitor. Wanting Wednesday to do poorly to suit your own agenda. 

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You really,really wanna carry on with this juvenile shyte ?

Wipe away them tears darling

For all those moaning, did you go?

When I was leaving the stadium people where literally gushing by how well we performed. It's just those on here who think they know it all.

I know it's only one game so we can't get carried away but if that is evidence of things to come then we can certainly feel confident about our chances. For those slagging off Jones - he absolutely bossed the midfield today. His corners were dream like. I was nursing a big, fat f*ckin' hard-on every time he stepped up to take a corner they were that good. 

Like I said - we were unlucky.

The better team lost today, simple as.