Reluctant Nicko

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I actually rate Mulgrew, think he's a versatile, solid performer at this level. Agree, that he'd be good business at that price.

However, he's in his 30's and Scottish, so half of Owlstalk will immediately insist it's a crap idea.

Actually, I think Mulgrew would make an excellent utility player, be a decent signing

But this is the most exciting 'rumour' we've had in 3 weeks now. Christ on a bike that really does tell you how dour this window has been :biggrin:

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Carlos has got a list on a chalk board with around 29 centre halfs on it, gradually crossing through them as we go. 

We we are not yet at the bottom of this list, which includes Darren Wood, Trevor Berry, Derek Mountfield and Steve Foster. 

Not forgetting Willie Young

7 minutes ago, sam1 said:

I take it Bullet has a lot of shout in who we go for and it's laughable. We'll be going backwards with Hutton and Mildew.

Not sure it's Bullen, but yes, it will be a backwards step To be honest, since we got beat in the play off final, we haven't really progressed, and this despite spending £20m Back then, we fell just short, but we had an exciting side, that with a few additions, could have developed into something special A dozen signings later, and yes, we are still there or thereabouts, but only by playing in an attritional way Our recruitment has been haphazard, and it looks as if that is continuing