Reluctant Nicko

Why do people believe we are in Hanley or Mulgrew. Both of them might never of been on Carlos' radar and a random man in the internet has made you all think we are trying to sign him. We could be the furthest team away from signing these two players in the championship. 

1 minute ago, scilly owl said:

Villa are also " listening to offers " for Ross McCorrmack... I know that we don't need another striker, but he is Scottish so I think that we should lodge a bid.

Can't see them getting anything near to what they paid for him just 12 months ago, was it £12m?

Considering his age, the season he's had and question marks raised over his attitude, they can consider it a good deal if they get £6m I reckon.

11 minutes ago, flo said:

Why do people believe we are in Hanley or Mulgrew. Both of them might never of been on Carlos' radar and a random man in the internet has made you all think we are trying to sign him. We could be the furthest team away from signing these two players in the championship. 

He is always accurate when it comes to Bolton and Blackburn.

I'm never going again if we sign Hutton.

Mulgrew would be a decent signing as a left sided centre half.... and that's another ex-celtic player. I'm sure the team will be up for the friendly against the huns! Might have a few quid on it

As a replacement for Sasso, he'd be a shrewd signing.

The fact he's comfortable playing left back and in midfield is a small bonus.

At £1m, for a squad member with experience and quality, it could be a good move.

However, if it's to be our main centre half, alongside Lees, I'd be a tad concerned. 

Both Hutton & Mulgrew were very impressive at Hillsborough last season.

Mulgrew was strong in the air, and not afraid to come out and carry the ball. Has a good range of passing on him also.

Hutton tore our left wing apart in the 2nd half of the opening day of the season. Showed more attacking intent than any of our full backs do.

Both would be solid additions to the squad. Perhaps not the wow signings we, as fans, want, but both would definitely improve our squad as a whole. Mulgrew is a definite upgrade on Sasso, and Hutton is as good as Hunt, and much, much better than Palmer. If we get them for the right price (£2-3m for the pair), they could prove to be very shrewd signings. 

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Both Hutton & Mulgrew were very impressive at Hillsborough last season.

Mulgrew was strong in the air, and not afraid to come out and carry the ball. Has a good range of passing on him also.

Hutton tore our left wing apart in the 2nd half of the opening day of the season. Showed more attacking intent than any of our full backs do.

Both would be solid additions to the squad. Perhaps not the wow signings we, as fans, want, but both would definitely improve our squad as a whole. Mulgrew is a definite upgrade on Sasso, and Hutton is as good as Hunt, and much, much better than Palmer. If we get them for the right price (£2-3m for the pair), they could prove to be very shrewd signings. 

I fulli agree. Some right nonsense being spouted on here.