Roll Up Roll Up Executive Boxes For Hire

1 hour ago, MAL said:

Said it before, so i'll say it again.

"IF" they are all taken by fans, he will be happy because the money will go into the FFP coffers.

But, it won't matter really because he will just get someone else who he knows to pretend to buy them, and he will front the money up.

What i would like to see though, presuming they are not fully booked, is...

A week before a game, he should make a draw from the season tickets holders, to fill them with fans.

Nobody loses because they have already paid, it also gives fans an incentive to buy season tickets.

15 boxes at 50 grand a pop raises 750,00 , hardly worth the hassle of raising to make gain towards the FFP in real terms , it's only 15 weeks pay for the likes of Rhodes or Forestieri .

23 boxes available. Only 5/6 sold as far as I am aware this year, down on last year. 
At 25k per year the boxes were full every week - this was raised with DC at a meeting before last season.

To give context championship teams Newcastle, Villa and prem teams Man City, Stoke, West Brom all had cheaper packages last year.

He actually tried to charge existing box holders £2,000 as a one off price for the play off match against Huddersfield.

Edited by DielnaFromDistance

3 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

15 boxes at 50 grand a pop raises 750,00 , hardly worth the hassle of raising to make gain towards the FFP in real terms , it's only 15 weeks pay for the likes of Rhodes or Forestieri .

Every little helps.

It has to be something like that, Mr C is not going to just up the price and not make any revenue from them.

How much sponsor money could he get from each box as well, he could charge himself as much as he wanted.

Sounds more like a way round FFP to me.

I'd say other businesses linked with Chansiri will be legally listed as box owners.

Nothing wrong with that if indeed it's the case, the club has to look at every viable option available for increasing revenue streams that doesn't break Football League rules.

Pre the present regime I used the executive boxes to entertain customers on behalf of my company on an ad hoc basis, maybe 2 games per season over 5 seasons.

Takeover happens and prices go out of my budget .............. deal with it !

Bought 4 x 3 year season tickets, more games , more customers , better VFM !

Not everyone is adversely affected by change.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Get your executive box at Hillsborough only £40000 + VAT. An increase of 33% on last season. Those centre halfs don't come cheap do they?

I paid £1600 for an advert in a magazine and on a website for one month. 

How many can attend for the £40k per game. Depends which business you're in, it may not be that bad. 

Anyone living in Thailand may correct me on this, but, was once told that the Thai culture on money, and selling stuff is very much 'that's the price, it won't change, if you don't like it, tough, someone will'. 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Far easier just to knock the club and the Chairman on any given subject ......... especially ones where people have little or no knowledge of the subject matter or have absolutely no intention of participation.

It is, but everybody knows that a lot of these boxes were empty last season, so whichever way you look at it, or whether you actually intend to use them, putting the prices up is a bizarre decision.

Also a lot of people have probably been on the stadium tour or something, and seen how sh#t and out of date the boxes actually are.

9 minutes ago, Lee A said:

It is, but everybody knows that a lot of these boxes were empty last season, so whichever way you look at it, or whether you actually intend to use them, putting the prices up is a bizarre decision.

Also a lot of people have probably been on the stadium tour or something, and seen how sh#t and out of date the boxes actually are.

Are you an interested buyer of a box?

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Anyone living in Thailand may correct me on this, but, was once told that the Thai culture on money, and selling stuff is very much 'that's the price, it won't change, if you don't like it, tough, someone will'. 

Visited quite a few times and have fellow owls mates who live there ............

Nothing could be further from the truth. You are expected to barter for everything, it's an intrinsic part of the culture. 

DC's approach to income is based on getting enough to get the quality players on the pitch which enable us to do this. He is limited by FFP. Many of ourd irect  rivals have Sky payments which mean that they don't have to worry about other sources of income so much such as shirts/boxes/match day tickets. We do.

I am right behind him on this strategy even if some elements of the fan base get squeezed. Its not DC's fault, the system is rigged against us, blame the system.