Roll Up Roll Up Executive Boxes For Hire

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Be more interesting to know who has continued to pay the prices and retained a box since DC arrived.

so would I I know a year ago most told him to do one after they reneged on a deal 

2 hours ago, MAL said:

Said it before, so i'll say it again.

"IF" they are all taken by fans, he will be happy because the money will go into the FFP coffers.

But, it won't matter really because he will just get someone else who he knows to pretend to buy them, and he will front the money up.

What i would like to see though, presuming they are not fully booked, is...

A week before a game, he should make a draw from the season tickets holders, to fill them with fans.

Nobody loses because they have already paid, it also gives fans an incentive to buy season tickets.

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

15 boxes at 50 grand a pop raises 750,00 , hardly worth the hassle of raising to make gain towards the FFP in real terms , it's only 15 weeks pay for the likes of Rhodes or Forestieri .

exactly people thinking this helps us get a player, it won't, and never has done it won't even pay the wages of one fringe player

IMO and of a few others this is a long game - all about screwing local business out now so on promotion he can fill with national brands 

crazy way to run a football club - but then we're a business project now and the end will justify the means in DC's mind

2 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

DC's approach to income is based on getting enough to get the quality players on the pitch which enable us to do this. He is limited by FFP. Many of ourd irect  rivals have Sky payments which mean that they don't have to worry about other sources of income so much such as shirts/boxes/match day tickets. We do.

I am right behind him on this strategy even if some elements of the fan base get squeezed. Its not DC's fault, the system is rigged against us, blame the system.

sorry don't agree that the income will make any significant difference and challenge anyone to show me in the accounts where it does 

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

Anyone living in Thailand may correct me on this, but, was once told that the Thai culture on money, and selling stuff is very much 'that's the price, it won't change, if you don't like it, tough, someone will'. 

Maybe - but how are they setting the 'price' - I understand our neighbours are charging half this amount

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

so would I I know a year ago most told him to do one after they reneged on a deal 

exactly people thinking this helps us get a player, it won't, and never has done it won't even pay the wages of one fringe player

IMO and of a few others this is a long game - all about screwing local business out now so on promotion he can fill with national brands 

crazy way to run a football club - but then we're a business project now and the end will justify the means in DC's mind

1 hour ago, MAL said:

Every little helps.

It has to be something like that, Mr C is not going to just up the price and not make any revenue from them.

How much sponsor money could he get from each box as well, he could charge himself as much as he wanted.

If he is doing that, why now, if we are a business project, he would take whatever he could now, then price the local business out and go for the big bucks when we get there.

Doesn't make sense pal.

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

If he is doing that, why now, if we are a business project, he would take whatever he could now, then price the local business out and go for the big bucks when we get there.

Doesn't make sense pal.

Why are we questioning a billionaires business accument

Went just before the DC era and all the boxes (apart from maybe 1) were taken and there was a buzzing atmosphere in the area behind the rooms with loads of people chatting and buying drinks.

Been once since DC took over, completely different atmosphere. Empty boxes, empty function rooms at the back and no-one buying drinks from the closed bars.

If people think having the boxes bought by DC and filled with players extended families and friends is the way to operate rather than with local businesses and Wednesday fans then that's fine.

3 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

Sorry I meant the thread in general I quoted your post because I agree with the sentiment, in hindsight probably didn't make sense other than in my head lol

No prombles pal.

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Went just before the DC era and all the boxes (apart from maybe 1) were taken and there was a buzzing atmosphere in the area behind the rooms with loads of people chatting and buying drinks.

Been once since DC took over, completely different atmosphere. Empty boxes, empty function rooms at the back and no-one buying drinks from the closed bars.

If people think having the boxes bought by DC and filled with players extended families and friends is the way to operate rather than with local businesses and Wednesday fans then that's fine.

agree

he isn't worried about atmosphere mate 

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

I'm told every box is sold every week  chansiri buys em at full price his way round the ffp

If true, there should be a competition where for a tenner a fan can enter a raffle and win a box spot for the next home game. Could see a couple of hundred entering that every home game, and it'd pay for the staff of the boxes at least and give people the chance to win what could be near enough a once in a lifetime opportunity

10 minutes ago, MAL said:

Doesn't make sense pal.

well exactly I've discussed this with other ex box holders and DC himself nothing he said and none of this policy makes any financial sense to me or accountants who've looked at it

I genuinely think encouraging the businesses and public to fully use these areas just has to be better in the long term for the club

surely??

alienate sponsors and bow holders like he has and if god forbid things go wrong, relying on one source for funds is dangerous

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If true, there should be a competition where for a tenner a fan can enter a raffle and win a box spot for the next home game. Could see a couple of hundred entering that every home game, and it'd pay for the staff of the boxes at least and give people the chance to win what could be near enough a once in a lifetime opportunity

if it's true there's probably some breach of ffp so openly raffling boxes up wouldn't be a good idea to draw attention to it.

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

well exactly I've discussed this with other ex box holders and DC himself nothing he said and none of this policy makes any financial sense to me or accountants who've looked at it

I genuinely think encouraging the businesses and public to fully use these areas just has to be better in the long term for the club

surely??

alienate sponsors and bow holders like he has and if god forbid things go wrong, relying on one source for funds is dangerous

I agree pal.

I was just giving my thought's on why he might be doing it.

I don't know if it is a correct thought, just an idea as to why.

13 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/22833179

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

if it's true there's probably some breach of ffp so openly raffling boxes up wouldn't be a good idea to draw attention to it.

Very good point... but surely it's already pretty obvious for anyone who wants to check that these boxes are standing empty? In my mind raffling them (or even just one a week) off is no more flagging the issue than just the simple fact that they sit abandoned every home game... but if it is true you're probably right

3 hours ago, MAL said:

Said it before, so i'll say it again.

"IF" they are all taken by fans, he will be happy because the money will go into the FFP coffers.

But, it won't matter really because he will just get someone else who he knows to pretend to buy them, and he will front the money up.

What i would like to see though, presuming they are not fully booked, is...

A week before a game, he should make a draw from the season tickets holders, to fill them with fans.

Nobody loses because they have already paid, it also gives fans an incentive to buy season tickets.

Correct.