Nuhiu scores stunner in training

1 hour ago, j17tjp said:

He could hit 10 of those a season & ppl would still moan he's not good enough.

bunch of stunnets!

But never does/never will... because he isn't good enough.

Love the guy, been in the team 4 years now (vet) but I'd rather see him leave for his own benefit really. If we can't find a buyer, loan him to Barnsley or something.

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

Not in the literal sense Will.

Nuhiu is probably on one of the lowest wages compared to our other strikers.

Some of the grief he gets from some though is unjustified to say the least imo.

Exactly this. People bang on about how amazing semedo is yet nuihu is a better player with an equally fantastic attitude .  Its always been the case with Wednesday fans , if it's universally decided you are liked/ disliked then that's how it will stay.

The grief he gets is completely unjust . For his sake I'd like him to move on to get regular games and get away from our dopey fan base.

39 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly this. People bang on about how amazing semedo is yet nuihu is a better player with an equally fantastic attitude .  Its always been the case with Wednesday fans , if it's universally decided you are liked/ disliked then that's how it will stay.

The grief he gets is completely unjust . For his sake I'd like him to move on to get regular games and get away from our dopey fan base.

You mean the best fans in the world? WTF:

4 hours ago, robswfc said:

Did alright in his first couple of years, but no goals at all last season... there's just no justifying that..

Only logged 367 minutes:  2 starts, 18 appearances as a sub.  Of the subs, 4 games were less than five minutes of playing time (two of them he's only credited with a single minute!)

Regardless of your ability level, it's awfully tough to score from the bench or the bleachers.

For comparison, Jordan Rhodes, our £10 million dollar waste of transfer money 'marquee striker' notched 3 in 1372 minutes over 14 starts and 4 sub appearances (two of them coming in the 5-1 win over Norwich); a goal every 457 minutes.

Edited by Indoor Owl

5 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Nuhiu has turned games for us. He has a role to play. Don't expect him to score though. 

Be nice if we could replace him with a player that can change games but can also score a couple of goals every now and then. 

42 minutes ago, doubleo said:

The mere fact that a thread has been started because he's scored in training says it all.

That's overly harsh of you... we had one a couple of seasons ago when Helan scored a 25 yard screamer, and considering the quality of thread started recently on Owlstalk the fact we have the first on an actual Sheffield Wednesday footballer playing football in 2 months is a welcome relief. It's not here because the Nuhiu 'lovers' or 'haters' want to discuss a rare goal from the big man, it's a thread on here because it's the first and only footage of Wednesday we've had playing footie so far this summer and it's the first thing to happen at the club in two months apart from the signing of teenagers and Boyd! 

53 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

After reading this thread and a lot last year about him ..... I assume he must be banging a lot of our fans wives ? Otherwise we have some childish , pathetic, jealous fans 

That would explain his inability to run.

(sorry, couldn't resist. I like the guy really)

10 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Can you buy something for free?

Yes you can , you have to hand over invisible pretend money in order to make the purchase, that is the main difference buying something for free and a tradititional purchase transaction.

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

He's be a reyt striker if he could actually score goals

He's got it in him.

That debut goal away at QPR was fantastic - including the skill to get himself in a position to shoot - set the standard for me.

Its a shame we have not seen more other than glimpses of him taking opportunities when he is far better on the ground than folk give him credit for.

5 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Only logged 367 minutes:  2 starts, 18 appearances as a sub.  Of the subs, 4 games were less than five minutes of playing time (two of them he's only credited with a single minute!)

Regardless of your ability level, it's awfully tough to score from the bench or the bleachers.

For comparison, Jordan Rhodes, our £10 million dollar waste of transfer money 'marquee striker' notched 3 in 1372 minutes over 14 starts and 4 sub appearances (two of them coming in the 5-1 win over Norwich); a goal every 457 minutes.

Bleachers?

Get back to Murica.

Nuhiu would get so much less grief if he wasn't billed as a striker. He isn't one IMO.

I've always seen him more as a scrapping/holding/layoff-playing midfielder who's best deployed further up the pitch than most of his ilk, because he's reliably useful when we're under pressure holding a narrow lead, camped in our own half and looking for an outball high up the pitch that won't come straight back at us.

It's a very unusual/narrow skill set he's got, and for a team on a tighter wage budget or who are better at comprehensively locking down a slim lead, you'd have to say he'd be a daft luxury (in the broadest sense of the word!) to keep in the squad for that one specific scenario. But we seem to find ourselves in that position about 12 times a season and he has been my preferred late sub option in quite a few of those squeaky bum games when we desperately need to see it out but aren't looking likely to score again.

Fletcher is a much better striker, but he also tries to incorporate some of those elements of Nuhiu's game and is noticeably less good at it. Part of the reason Rhodes so often looked knackered and frustrated in the last 10min of games last season was that he ended up being deployed in a Nuhiu type role as we clung on, and he can't really do it either.

As others have said, 100% effort every time, and he does give his exhausted teammates a visible boost for that last little push to the finish line when he comes on late. It's like Treebeard arriving at Isengard in LOTR lol

He's a weird one for sure, our Adthe, but if our wage bill can justifiably accommodate his (presumably relatively low) earnings then sod it, I've no problem with hanging on to him at Champ level.