Which strikers to bin?

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Think Nuhiu will leave and a decision on Joao will be taken. The rest will stay.

From Carlos' interview, he's looking at 4/5 new players this summer and I can't see any of them being strikers. Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes and Winnall is about right for squad depth.

As for Hirst, I hope we get him out on loan to get some professional league game time under his belt.

EDIT: also agree that Forestieri shouldn't be used as a striker.

Agree with hirst, another season in the Dev squad won't do much for him. 

2 hours ago, smhouston said:

Whenever Nuhiu has come on this season he's changed the game.

No he hasn't.

And so as not to make this too hard for you, talk us through how he changed the play off semi?

The very notion that we could get money for him is laughable......can you imagine the meltdown on here if we signed a "forward" who hadn't scored for nearly 2 years never mind actually paid for him

At best we will be lucky to get him off the payroll

1 minute ago, modboy said:

if you could cash them all in for £25m and start again i'd be tempted to

There'd be a temptation, two of the current bunch would do, we still really lack a good target man and someone with pace and mobility. The strikers we have also limit the formations available to us. While individually they are all good strikers none of them fit the mold of the modern striker and if we were promoted they'd all need binning off unfortunately.

Get rid of Nuhiu for a start. He offers nothing, scores zero goals and changes zero games...let him go play in the Kosovan second division or something

Joao could be the 'pacy' striker we are lacking if we are not looking to bring one in - but i'd sooner we let him go and signed someone better with pace

Fletcher, Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall and Forestieri all good enough and as others have said Forestieri can play on the left

2 hours ago, smhouston said:

Whenever Nuhiu has come on this season he's changed the game. He's something different to the others and worthy of staying

Joao can go for me, and Forestieri to be used as a winger

Birmingham away winning 1-0 useless lump comes on lose 2-1

Bristol away winning 2-1

uselss lump comes on draw 2-2

nuhiu is a waste and your post saying he has changed a game is laughable

0 goals in 2 years

8 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Bristol away winning 2-1

0 goals in 2 years

Nuhiu is a game changer then. Game just might not necessarily go in our favour.

lol

2 hours ago, torres said:

The penalty thing is neither here or there in my opinion - he didnt take a penalty  -so what!

His performances have been dire and to think otherwise is just kidding ourselves. 

Comparing him to Hirst is laughable 

I disagree. I'm not saying it's gone well but the odd thing he does is real quality and I don't think any of our other strikers have some of the attributes he's got. I can remover a flick on in a night match around end of march/beginning of April from half way line that was simply sublime. Don't get me wrong, there needs to be an improvement but all is not lost and I'm not kidding myself.

3 hours ago, torres said:

If we were going purely on performances for Wednesday and were not hung up on history or transfer value, then Rhodes would be first out of the door.

Closely followed by Winnall

Rubbish. 

On performances this last season we have only one striker that has failed to score .

Joao and Dave to go for me...I like Winnall and if we actually play to Rhodes strengths he'll be fine..Forestieri isnt a forward so im not counting him...so any two of Fletch-Rhodes- Hooper- Winnall playing is good for me!! FF on the left floating around...new reyt fast bloke on the right...sorted!

38 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Bristol away winning 2-1

0 goals in 2 years

Typical Wednesday fans blaming the boo boy. So the reason we lost at Birmingham had nothing to do with Westwood coming out like and drunken idiot and giving away a penalty? Nuihu could be sat in the stands and some how it would be his fault 

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Typical Wednesday fans blaming the boo boy. So the reason we lost at Birmingham had nothing to do with Westwood coming out like and drunken idiot and giving away a penalty? Nuihu could be sat in the stands and some how it would be his fault 

1-0 up and never looking like losing

nuhiu comes on to keep the ball up the pitch and cause defenders problems.neither of them things he can do.

nuhiu comes on and its defending for the rest of the game CUs he is useless upfront

Are all of you who think FF should be on the left also ones that wanted CC to stay?

because he seems to think playing him as a striker is the way to going by last season

I agree though FF needs to be on the left with two strikers, a right winger and an attacking mentality, then watch Rhodes and Winnall score

then for god sake get rid of Dave, who offered him a new two year contract last year?

Edited by the third man

Are we 100% committed to the Rhodes transfer? He seems a top bloke and undoubtably he's still got quality, but I'm sure his performances thus far raise the question of whether we are potentially overpaying?  Every season that goes by without promotion will increase DC's losses; I wonder at which point he'll start to lose his nerve and begin to tighten the purse strings?

Out of the core strikers mentioned I expect Winnall is on much the lower salary and to my eyes he didn't offer much less than Rhodes, Fletch and Hoops. With that in mind and the need to minimise our financial losses i'd say he'd be a good one to keep. Also Winnalls still got age on his side and he seems hungry for success. 

As per other posters i think Dave and Joao need to go. Also agree that Hirst will soon need testing with some first team football, which presumably would be easier on loan for a few months.

Edited by East Yorks Owl

Send Joao on loan as he has 2 years left.
Let Nuhiu go, 1 goal since the autumn of 2015 isn't enough, even if you do seem like a nice bloke.

Nando shifts out left where he's most effective.

We create a partnership, probably with Fletcher as the core and probably Rhodes

Then Hooper and Winnall then offer back-up, competition and it's great to have that quality on the bench.

Simple

Edited by cookeh

2 hours ago, the third man said:

Are all of you who think FF should be on the left also ones that wanted CC to stay?

because he seems to think playing him as a striker is the way to going by last season

I agree though FF needs to be on the left with two strikers, a right winger and an attacking mentality, then watch Rhodes and Winnall score

Clever question.

Interesting that of the 15 posts to date that mention FF:-

11 want him LW

1 LW or behind two strikers

1 behind two strikers

1 binned

Makes your question even more interesting, because we all know he is highly likely to play 75% striker, 25% left.