Which strikers to bin?

26 minutes ago, torres said:

so you think Rhodes and Winnall have played well? Hmmm 

Winnall Yes

Rhodes No

Dave No, and no goals in more than a season.

I like Dave for his attitude and can see how his presence helps the team. However unless he can add goals to his game we can't keep playing him. Of the three mentioned he should be first in line to depart. Lets face even Joao has more chance of a goal every now and then.

28 minutes ago, torres said:

So you seriously think Rhodes has played well?

He's been playing that well he got dropped coming into the most important part of the season.

I seriously think you need to wobble your head.

That's what I seriously think.

I'd definitely keep...

Forestieri - Best of the lot, by a distance. 

Incredible workrate + explosive player. A rare combination. He's our Messi/Suarez/Aguero etc. Can excel in various positions. 

Joao - Only one who can run in behind at pace. Absolutely essential to have that in the squad if we want to challenge. Too often last season we played everything infront of teams.

Hooper - Most intelligent and generally uses the ball better than the rest. Will always score goals. Really can't afford another injury plagued campaign. If he misses as much as this season, he needs selling.

Then it's a throw up between Rhodes and Winnall. Both out and out strikers. Rhodes has the pedigree but Winnall's has shown more in Wednesday colours for me. One to stay, sell the other.

Can't make my mind up on Fletcher. Didn't cost us a fee, but is he worth the huge wage bill? I'm not so sure. Wouldn't be fussed either way. Easily replaceable I reckon.

Sell Nuhiu. Loan Hirst out.

Makes me laugh, all these people castigating Nuhiu for not scoring, but who are prepared to make every excuse under the sun for the poor performances of Rhodes. Get real, Rhodes had a full pre season, and was involved in 27 games for us and Boro. If he's not match fit, that's down to his own lack of professionalism 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Makes me laugh, all these people castigating Nuhiu for not scoring, but who are prepared to make every excuse under the sun for the poor performances of Rhodes. Get real, Rhodes had a full pre season, and was involved in 27 games for us and Boro. If he's not match fit, that's down to his own lack of professionalism 

I normally read your posts with interest.

This though, is plain silly.

I think Nuhiu will leave, I like him but I get the feeling there is something in the rumours that were around just before Christmas about a couple of German clubs being interested. I don't class Forestieri as a striker so that takes him out of the discussion as well. For me this is what I'd do.

Fletcher- Keep around unless a good offer comes in, I've been his biggest critic but he's been brilliant in the last few weeks. The goal last week was top quality.

Winnall- Keep, has a lot of qualities. I like him, has a lot of potential.

Rhodes- Obviously will be here, will flourish with a pre season.

Hooper- Shown how badly we missed him over the last 7/8 weeks.

Joao- Keep him unless there is a good offer, still has potential, would be silly to just let him go at the first opportunity

Hirst- Loan him out, needs to experience first team football, if it doesn't work out then bring him back. If he smashes it and we aren't firing bring him back. No lose really.

13 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

I'd like to see Hirst above Nuhiu & Joao. If it's he's loaned out, fair enough, but I have a feeling it's not long before he could push for a first team place.

As for Rhodes, we've got to find a way to unlock his undoubted talent. And that starts from getting his confidence back. Him and Hooper first choice for me. And I always prefer FF not as an out and out striker.

Have you actually seen Hirst play ? I'm not sure he's up to Championship level as yet , we need our strikers to score goals they all need to start delivering it's not been a success for all this talk of having the best strike force in the league , it's not the most effective though Hooper is key imo he is class 

5 hours ago, torres said:

So you seriously think Rhodes has played well?

He's been playing that well he got dropped coming into the most important part of the season.

Rhodes is proven quality at this level with a goals record to back it up , but without any service he wont score . He has had zero service since he signed for us. 

Play to his strengths and we have the best striker in the championship who will give us 25 a season. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Rhodes is proven quality at this level with a goals record to back it up , but without any service he wont score . He has had zero service since he signed for us. 

Play to his strengths and we have the best striker in the championship who will give us 25 a season. 

Well it's not worked as yet , feel we have to change our style of play to suit Rhodes but do we really want to do that ? Seems like bringing him in has caused more problems to me just hasn't worked out 

i dont get all the loan Goerge out rounduns,hes our player why would we benefit some other club.

Hes a striker,hes ours, he knows where the net is, get the kid in.

We dont breed good players for the benefit of other football clubs,if we dont give him a good go wel never know

Edited by legendaryswan

Personally I think Rhodes Winnall and Hooper are all too similar... I'd keep Hooper and Winnall as backup for when Hooper is injured and get out of the Rhodes deal if possible. 

Not a Fletcher fan so he'd go aswell

for me and Joao is on his last Chance in pre season. So basically I'd probably bin them all off bar Fessi and sign WICKHAM

Guest RocketOwl
15 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I think Fessi will have to play out left this season and can be a really success there.  Suppose that cuts down on the number of strikers to squeeze into two starting positions.

Love Owlstalks experts.

Put our top scorer from last two seasons on wing so we can accommodate a striker who scored 3 goals.

13 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Love Owlstalks experts.

Put our top scorer from last two seasons on wing so we can accommodate a striker who scored 3 goals.

Well I see it as opinions not expert analysis , I for one don't have the answer and I don't think you have

You have your thoughts and have expressed them so do others , Experts !! don't even think Carlos can be classed that

we would be promoted by now if so , I think you have some very valid points and read your comments with interest

but don't think any of us class ourselves as experts !!!!

6 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Love Owlstalks experts.

In his two seasons with us he has scored an equal number of goals playing wide and striker. 

He has played 75% striker and 25% wide.

Do you find it strange that the vast majority of fans want him to play wide?

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I wasn't questioning his history, purely stating what I have whitenessed while he has been our player