Which strikers to bin?

Ideally rhodes or winnall would be the ones to go they dont seem to have really hit it off here and are not an improvement on the strikers we already have. Winnall will probably have to be the one as you'd imagine we could make a profit on him and not rhodes. 

I'd still keep one of nuhiu or joao there is games where you need something different and winnall and rhodes from the bench are just like for like. They are both probably happier to sit on the bench which is good for squad harmony, whereas you'd imagine rhodes and winnall will eventually get restless if on the bench or out of the squad for long periods.

Ff is better suited to an impact sub hes not a natural winger for me and upsets the balance when played up top.

Id say we need this fletcher, hooper, ff, rhodes or winnall, joao or nuhiu. Hirst will be better for 6 months first team football somewhere then can review after that.

38 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

still undecided about Joao, I would give him a full pre season, he still has loads of potential, but it has to come to fruition soon.

A better option to have in the squad than Winnall for example At least he offers something different

38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Rhodes will be our first choice striker next season I have no doubt about that. Carlos will spend all summer finding a way to get him firing.

Yeah, good luck with that, the guys a dud

I'd like to see Hirst above Nuhiu & Joao. If it's he's loaned out, fair enough, but I have a feeling it's not long before he could push for a first team place.

As for Rhodes, we've got to find a way to unlock his undoubted talent. And that starts from getting his confidence back. Him and Hooper first choice for me. And I always prefer FF not as an out and out striker.

10 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

still undecided about Joao, I would give him a full pre season, he still has loads of potential, but it has to come to fruition soon.

I was in the same camp as you for a long time, but I'm afraid there is only so long we can wait for potential to be realised. He's nearly 24 and has shown very few signs of making the improvements many of us thought he would.

Think Nuhiu's time is up and really think FF needs to play left side next season. So that leaves us with Hooper, Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher. All have proved themselves more than capable at this level, but CC must address the issue of service, otherwise it'll be more of the same next year. 

Ideally I would like to see us add the option of real pace upfront, something which has been conspicuous in its absence in recent times.

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

At the moment we've got seven, yes seven first team strikers on the books with Hirst and co waiting in the wings: Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, Fessi, Winnall, Dave, Joao

Surely we need to trim these numbers.  But who would you let go?

I think Winnall may well be on his way out of the door as CC just doesn't seem to trust him.

Joao will also surely be surplus to requirments despite some impressive displays in his time here.

Dave I'd love to get shot of but I think CC will keep him just for that different extra option, especially when defending a lead. 

I think Winnall was part of a plan that included buying Hourihane. Who we get in the summer could decide if we get rid of any off the strikers 

35 minutes ago, WalkleyWeds said:

I'd just get shut of Joao. 

Keep the rest, they all contribute something different (yes even big Dave). 

Hopefully we will have better luck with injuries this season and see some real competition for places. 

Exactly, if Nuihu is happy playing a bit part role id keep him as in certain times hes useful . Foresteiri if hes still here and can be bothered out left of behind the strikers .

Winnall should be retained as he is pretty natural in front of goal. The others are obviously going to stay. Joao is the one for sure who can go. Mentally and psychically weak with a poor goal ratio. Not whats needed 

I personally wouldn't class Forestieri as a striker. A forward player yes but not a striker.

For me next season my front two would be Hooper and Rhodes and play to their strengths. Back-up to those two would be Fletcher and Winnall. Look to loan Joao back to Portugal for half a season and see if we can sell Nuhiu. I'd also like to see Hirst either get a little game time or the chance to try first team football at either League One or Two.

Forestieri is a hero at the club (sometimes an absolute frustration) but he does get the crowd lifted. For that reason I'd drop him in the hole behind the front two. Not sure that Carlos will be that attack-minded though.