Which strikers to bin?

I can see winnall being very important for us next season. his class finish against Fulham showed me that. and on current form and if rhodes does not improve , fingers crossed he does, then he would get the nod over jordan every game. but I am hoping to sweet baby jesus with a descent pre season and fitness rhodes will be more his old self next season 

2 hours ago, heppers said:

I think we will see FF, Joao, Dave and Winnall leave

I think that Joao will stay as he's contracted 'til 2019 and unlikely that there'll be enough interest in him to enable us to recoup much of our outlay. Needs a good pre-season though or suspect a half season loan out for him.

Nuhiu probably will stay as he doesn't rock the boat and has cameo uses these days.

Agree Winnall could be open to a move as we'd no doubt be able to realise a significant profit and we're top heavy in strikers.

FF could conceivably leave if we receive an offer based on his perceived value of a year ago. I have no issue with any player leaving so long as, unlike in the past, we receive top money and it is reinvested to improve the overall unit.

Guest RocketOwl
7 minutes ago, raljex said:

FF has never been a striker. We only play him there cos we are desperate for pace up top.

Oh right. Not a good reason then see what you mean - should get the slow ones back in. I hear you. He also scores more then the rest - Which is not ideal we need slow weak strikers up there who can't score.

21 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'd definitely keep...

Forestieri - Best of the lot, by a distance. 

Incredible workrate + explosive player. A rare combination. He's our Messi/Suarez/Aguero etc. Can excel in various positions. 

Joao - Only one who can run in behind at pace. Absolutely essential to have that in the squad if we want to challenge. Too often last season we played everything infront of teams.

Hooper - Most intelligent and generally uses the ball better than the rest. Will always score goals. Really can't afford another injury plagued campaign. If he misses as much as this season, he needs selling.

Then it's a throw up between Rhodes and Winnall. Both out and out strikers. Rhodes has the pedigree but Winnall's has shown more in Wednesday colours for me. One to stay, sell the other.

Can't make my mind up on Fletcher. Didn't cost us a fee, but is he worth the huge wage bill? I'm not so sure. Wouldn't be fussed either way. Easily replaceable I reckon.

Sell Nuhiu. Loan Hirst out.

Best post of lot

On 2017-5-26 at 10:54, smhouston said:

Whenever Nuhiu has come on this season he's changed the game. He's something different to the others and worthy of staying

Joao can go for me, and Forestieri to be used as a winger

Yep certainly changed the game v Huddersfield semi final 2nd leg and not for the better.

On 26/05/2017 at 10:40, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Thankfully, most will see the Rhodes situation for what it is. A player that had barely played from May 2016 to February 2017 and then thrown straight in as a marque signing into a team not playing to his strengths.

What's the term, form is temporary, class is permanent? Rhodes' goal scoring record is class.

There would be plenty of takers for Rhodes (maybe not at £10m mind - though I don't believe we paid anywhere near that either)!

I think Rhodes will stay but it will be another manager who gets the best out of him.

He just doesn't fit in CC's system and cant see him being a regular starter whilst CC is at the club.

A bit like Abdi - a complete waste of talent and money as things stand.

I've got to laugh about this Rhodes situation. Everyone has been obsessing over the guy for the past 5 or so years. We eventually get him and just because he hasn't hit the ground running in terms of the goals he's scored, then we should get rid? :laugh:

We need to remember he came to us not having played competitive game for a long time. He does put a shift in and tries to create something when others look disinterested. Yes he hasn't scored as many as we would have liked, but he's played a part in most goals since he came here!

3 hours ago, Nath83 said:

I've got to laugh about this Rhodes situation. Everyone has been obsessing over the guy for the past 5 or so years. We eventually get him and just because he hasn't hit the ground running in terms of the goals he's scored, then we should get rid? :laugh:

We need to remember he came to us not having played competitive game for a long time. He does put a shift in and tries to create something when others look disinterested. Yes he hasn't scored as many as we would have liked, but he's played a part in most goals since he came here!

Great, so we've paid the best part of £15m for two players whose sole attribute is, that they put a shift in. Rhodes and Reach are the new O'Donnell and Donnelly, a complete waste of money

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Great, so we've paid the best part of £15m for two players whose sole attribute is, that they put a shift in. Rhodes and Reach are the new O'Donnell and Donnelly, a complete waste of money

Bit harsh saying 'sole attribute', especially for Rhodes. Make sure the guy gets decent service and I'm sure we'll see his other attributes.