Which strikers to bin?

Can you call anyone who appeared in 24 games last season, and does not score in any, a striker??

Step forward Big Dave, the game changer. My arrse.

Sticking that big lump on and taking Fletcher off is what cost us a place in the play off final.

Not only huge blunder by CC that, but ultimately a great foook off to better players on the bench.

You wonder why Rhodes has no confidence..... 

4 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Can you call anyone who appeared in 24 games last season, and does not score in any, a striker??

Sticking that big lump on and taking Fletcher off is what cost us a place in the play off final.

Not only huge blunder by CC that, but ultimately a great foook off to better players on the bench.

Call me a pedant, but I would say it was our torrid performance over the other 198 minutes of the two legs that did that... but I suppose it's easier to stick to old habits and blame everyone's favourite scapegoat :rolleyes:

If Forrestieri stays then surely he has to be used more as a wide man than a striker.

Nuhiu will probably stay because Carlos loves him but having a striker on the bench who offers no goal threat whatsoever doesn't make any sense.

I think Joao will be off loaded to the continent somewhere. Probably back to Portugal but I saw Nantes mentioned back in January so they may revive their interest?

Hooper and Fletcher will probably be the first choice front two but I could see Fletcher potentially moving on?

Getting more out of Rhodes and Winnall is a necessity both have shown they can score goals regularly at this level and we need to play more to their strengths.

As far as young Hirsty is concerned I'd be surprised if Carlos uses him much next season given the pressure to go up so he'll either leave on loan or maybe permanently?

5 minutes ago, Steevo said:

That and the fact that Rhodes is more of a box player and we ask him to play anywhere on the pitch but there.

Big Dave needs his contract terminating, let him find another club and take away the temptation to play him, bring him on or even put him on the bench

4 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Rhodes had been playing for 48 minutes when Atdhe came on.

Are you honestly putting Atdhe's 12 minutes as the reason we lost?

At that stage we were being well beaten. We clung on for penalties, at home, against a good but nowt special Huddersfield.

In order of why we lost:-

1. Undid a winning formula

2. Chickening out in the first leg

3. FF as striker (an unfit FF at that!!!)

4. Bannan LW at home

A 112th minute substitution in the second leg wouldn't even make the list.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Call me a pedant, but I would say it was our torrid performance over the other 198 minutes of the two legs that did that... but I suppose it's easier to stick to old habits and blame everyone's favourite scapegoat :rolleyes:

Not a scapegoat for me. Whilst ever he puts on our shirt I will support him. However, he is not good enough for to play for a team that should be in the top six all next season. Same goes for, Fox, Palmer, Joao, and on his form this season Jones.

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Rhodes had been playing for 48 minutes when Atdhe came on.

Are you honestly putting Atdhe's 12 minutes as the reason we lost?

At that stage we were being well beaten. We clung on for penalties, at home, against a good but nowt special Huddersfield.

In order of why we lost:-

1. Undid a winning formula

2. Chickening out in the first leg

3. FF as striker (an unfit FF at that!!!)

4. Bannan LW at home

A 112th minute substitution in the second leg wouldn't even make the list.

Deluded.

Guest everydays_wednesday

So we are 'stuck with Rhodes' and want shut of Winnall......really...!!

would be the starting 2 for me every week with a good winger and hooper behind them.

2 minutes ago, raljex said:

Don't know about the order but also;

5. Wallace getting injured early on

6. No skilful wingers on the bench

5. Yep.

6. He had FF who should always be wide.

6 hours ago, torres said:

If we were going purely on performances for Wednesday and were not hung up on history or transfer value, then Rhodes would be first out of the door.

Closely followed by Winnall

Yes, if you are totally blind to actual football played.

Rhodes is seemingly more a scapegoat than Nuhiu, and Rhodes has scored some - despite being less than match fit.

Despite the stats about him being on the pitch and our scoring record, we still get t1ts spouting pap like this, really?

On form it would be Joao (who I would personally keep), and Nuhiu and everyone knows it.   

The truth is we won't ditch joao because of hit potential resale value and for some reason Carlos values Nuhui.    

3 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Rhodes is seemingly more a scapegoat than Nuhiu, and Rhodes has scored some - despite being less than match fit.

Despite the stats about him being on the pitch and our scoring record, we still get t1ts spouting pap like this, really?

On form it would be Joao (who I would personally keep), and Nuhiu and everyone knows it.   

The truth is we won't ditch joao because of hit potential resale value and for some reason Carlos values Nuhui.    

I nearly plussed this, stopped because the last line totally goes against what you put in your first.

Whether people like it or not, there is a reason CC, and other managers have Nuhiu in the squad.

People bang on about no option B, whether people like it or not, he does bring a different option to the game

He, more than anybody else in the squad, can change the game.

If he can buy someone, or get Winnall to be that player?, then yes he can go.

Until then we have no other option.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

He scored 10 in a pretty negative side, not the worst return we could receive. I wasn't convinced either but you have to be fair to the guy, he showed up with some crucially important goals.

Goal every 200 minutes. That's pretty good.

1 hour ago, Steevo said:

Donkey Dave came on for Pudil, Rhodes came on for Fletcher.

Winnall should've been the one coming on. If Nuhiu gets a squad place next season then we aint gonna be in the top 2.

Personally i'd like to see us have a plan; just one plan that means everyone is drilled and can do the job.

We then have two players for each position.We probably will need four strikers for that but at present we have too many players and too many that aren't different enough.

2 hours ago, Steevo said:

The blame on the play off final is ridiculous. By the time he came on we had nothing in the tank and were booting the ball high so in that sense Nuhiu came on to try and make it stick. Some of the delivieries from free kicks were embarrassing too.

I do think we need to move these kinds of players on but come on.

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

So you seriously think Rhodes has played well?

He's been playing that well he got dropped coming into the most important part of the season.