Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

I'll make it as simple as possible, this & next season's kits are all blue, because Chansiri prefers all blue.

A genuine anniversary kit would not be a disliked kit worn for 7 seasons in the 1960/70s.

Despite us wearing exactly that at our 100th anniversary lol You were probably too young bless

This is IMHO purely a commercial decision, the shirts will be so far away from anything that we've had in the last few years that they will sell well. Come next season traditional stripes with a bit of a twist to them and the cash registers will ring, it's all about business guys, the club has been a joke for donkey's years, but not anymore.

Ok from the news of the shirt design for OUR 150th anniversary I think it's a joke and misses the mark completely. 

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are blue and white and to us that's blue and white STRIPES.

Yes chansiri I thank you for what you are doing for our club but FFS it's our 150th anniversary, is it so hard to gives us our iconic stripes for the occasion. I'm sure 99% of the fan base would prefer the stripes and if I'm wrong please tell me?!

Think something needs to be done, and it's time the fans stood up and got our bloomin stripes back!

Agree with every word 

We are sheffield wednesday , not Ipswich Town 

WE PLAY IN STRIPES 

No... it's just a coincidence that it's the same as our 100th anniversary one just like the new badge co-incidently looks like our old badge we had before the 70's one...why are you concerned haven't you boycotted the club after the season ticket / ticket price / pinstripe / Carlos still here / Foriegn Owner ? Have I missed anything out...oh yeah Wembley ticket availability lol 

Bet he cried when Bambi's mum got shot too 

The more I think about it the more I like it - the new Wednesday - we are evolving in every way since DC took over and the vast majority of it has been very positive.

Just need a new state of the art stadium on the outskirts of Dore and a half price alcohol deal will be a happy man...

WAWAW

By the way Cardiff are in for a battering tomorrow and just think how good we would look battering them in our new solid blue / white armed kit!

Their change to red didn't last too long !

I'll say exactly the same as I did last season... the duplicity of some people is ridiculous

"GIVE US BACK THE STRIPES, GIVE US BACK THE BADGE"

Yet we see not only record ticket sales but also record shirt sales. Sure, maybe the record ST holder numbers will naturally result in an increase in all revenue, including merchandising, I can accept that correlation... but if it really bothers you that much, vote in the best way it can be heard, with your wallet. On the one hand, you're proposing protesting a decision the chairman is making, and with your other hand you're giving him a handful of 20 pound notes. You see the irony, duplicity, hypocrisy etc of that? 

I, much like the majority I'm sure, would rather have stripes.... but it doesn't evoke a particularly strong negative reaction from me if we don't. If it did to more people, I'm sure we wouldn't have seen record shirt sales. 

God knows how people will react if Chansiri proposes an absolute monumental change like a stadium move.

Again, for the record... I don't particularly like the badge change, or the kit change, or the constant whispering that he likes to keep his fingers in a lot of the club's pies (metaphorically of course :biggrin:) and be consulted on every little decision... but it isn't coming across as overly malicious or draconian... just a bit invasive. If you really don't like it that much and feel that strongly about it (and if you do I wouldn't blame or belittle you-albeit it I'd be a little surprised you were that offended by it), vote with your wallet.

But I'm willing to bet none of you will

I'll say exactly the same as I did last season... the duplicity of some people is ridiculous

"GIVE US BACK THE STRIPES, GIVE US BACK THE BADGE"

Yet we see not only record ticket sales but also record shirt sales. Sure, maybe the record ST holder numbers will naturally result in an increase in all revenue, including merchandising, I can accept that correlation... but if it really bothers you that much, vote in the best way it can be heard, with your wallet. On the one hand, you're proposing protesting a decision the chairman is making, and with your other hand you're giving him a handful of 20 pound notes. You see the irony, duplicity, hypocrisy etc of that? 

I, much like the majority I'm sure, would rather have stripes.... but it doesn't evoke a particularly strong negative reaction from me if we don't. If it did to more people, I'm sure we wouldn't have seen record shirt sales. 

God knows how people will react if Chansiri proposes an absolute monumental change like a stadium move.

Again, for the record... I don't particularly like the badge change, or the kit change, or the constant whispering that he likes to keep his fingers in a lot of the club's pies (metaphorically of course :biggrin:) and be consulted on every little decision... but it isn't coming across as overly malicious or draconian... just a bit invasive. If you really don't like it that much and feel that strongly about it (and if you do I wouldn't blame or belittle you-albeit it I'd be a little surprised you were that offended by it), vote with your wallet.

But I'm willing to bet none of you will

Good post but, the majority of the posters doing the most teeth gnashing and hand wringing don't get anywhere near the club...the rest of us like you would like to have stripes but having a kit similar to the one we wore at our 100th is enough as a homage to our tradition that I'm fine with it...I like the badge...as for moving the idea that our chairman is planning for us to be more successful therefore needing a stadium to fulfill those dreams is what I always wanted

150 years of Wednesday. I don't care what we once wore. Over the decades we have worn Blue and White stripes most. We are Blue and white stripes. Chansiri doesn't like stripes well tough he ownes OUR club ! We have been hear all our lives not just the last few. As for happy clappers..... Once we get the stripes back feel free to clap then 

Edited by ashley8

As it's 150th anniversary I'd personally like to see the first kit we ever played in.  Which according to the link below is blue and white hoops.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

We started playing in hoops from 1875

No one knows what kit we wore during our first 8 years

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We played in skins with jumpers for goalposts 

We would still be doing that now be we opted to sign one of those foreign fancy dan types who wear gloves in the English summer so no way he was going to play in skins. Tradition eh!