Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

There always seemed to be a challenge for manufacturers/suppliers to come up with fresh designs

This used to be every couple of years, alternating home & away, so there was always a 'new' kit on sale every summer

Occasionally, a design would break from what I would call 'tradition', two spring to mind:

- the all-white kit of the late-80s was so unpopular they later introduced blue shorts as a compromise

- the 'Pleat era' abomination which I maintain was our worst kit EVER

But generally we're talking about variations on a theme

Not so this season, to say our current kit is in the style of that '62-63 effort (before my time, but I have seen pics) is pulling wool over our eyes

That next season's kit will be in the style of the '65-72 has nothing to do with 'maintaining tradition' and everything to do with ditching the stripes

absolutely 

to not realise this is at the stupid end of gullibility 

Except us. 

Tampering with stripes leads to decline and we only win things in stripes.

The normal laws of footing attire don't apply to us.

We are the special ones

11666159_10153951641876111_3741494354024751264_n.jpg

Stripes = Wednesday. I don't have an issue with the kit other than I think for the anniversary it should be stripes which over our history has been our predominant kit. Give us the other kit the season after. The issue I'm thinking of is if nothing is said then are we saying good bye to stripes as long as chansiri owns the club..?

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

Except us. 

Tampering with stripes leads to decline and we only win things in stripes.

The normal laws of footing attire don't apply to us.

We are the special ones

11666159_10153951641876111_3741494354024751264_n.jpg

You might like to add the three kits worn during the 1951-52, 1955-56 & 1958-59 seasons

Those being the last three seasons we won a league title (old 2nd division)

There always seemed to be a challenge for manufacturers/suppliers to come up with fresh designs

This used to be every couple of years, alternating home & away, so there was always a 'new' kit on sale every summer

Occasionally, a design would break from what I would call 'tradition', two spring to mind:

- the all-white kit of the late-80s was so unpopular they later introduced blue shorts as a compromise

- the 'Pleat era' abomination which I maintain was our worst kit EVER

But generally we're talking about variations on a theme

Not so this season, to say our current kit is in the style of that '62-63 effort (before my time, but I have seen pics) is pulling wool over our eyes

That next season's kit will be in the style of the '65-72 has nothing to do with 'maintaining tradition' and everything to do with ditching the stripes

See that 'abomination' was my favourite Wednesday kit as a kid - to me, that was the shirt of my heroes and I wanted to be seen in it everywhere I went. I wanted all my mates down the park wearing their Manchester United, Liverpool and Newcastle shirts to see that I was different; I was Wednesday. And that was the shirt that meant that to me at that crucial time of life where you start to forge a sense of your own identity.

As much as it might pain some, I imagine there'll be kids out there today forming similar attachments to our current shirt, and for them, as for me, Wednesday will not inevitably and exclusively be regular blue and white stripes.

See that 'abomination' was my favourite Wednesday kit as a kid - to me, that was the shirt of my heroes and I wanted to be seen in it everywhere I went. I wanted all my mates down the park wearing their Manchester United, Liverpool and Newcastle shirts to see that I was different; I was Wednesday. And that was the shirt that meant that to me at that crucial time of life where you start to forge a sense of your own identity.

As much as it might pain some, I imagine there'll be kids out there today forming similar attachments to our current shirt, and for them, as for me, Wednesday will not inevitably and exclusively be regular blue and white stripes.

This brings a tear to my eye. For it shows the lasting physiological damage that can be done to the young and impressionable in their formative years when the kit is f*cked about with and traditions not adhered to.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Heard it all from happy clappers now. Stripes don't bring success. Yep I'm sure that's it. Not that we have had terrible owners in the past milking the club dry, it's the stripes lol

stripes aren't our success it's out identity 

I wonder if they posted a thread in 1965 give us our stripes back!!! It took 7 years in order for this to happen!! 

Don't know what school you went too, but they didn't have the internet back then lol. Before my time but those I know that went everywhere in the 69's hated it

Edited by ViolaOwls

This brings a tear to my eye. For it shows the lasting physiological damage that can be done to the young and impressionable in their formative years when the kit is f*cked about with and traditions not adhered to.

You'll get over it, mi'Lord.

After all, it is just a football shirt.

:stuwinky:

Heard it all from happy clappers now. Stripes don't bring success. Yep I'm sure that's it. Not that we have had terrible owners in the past milking the club dry, it's the stripes lol

stripes aren't our success it's out identity 

They are about success too, for -:

• Stripes with black shorts and blue socks  equal silverwear
  • Stripes with blue shorts and blue socks equal promotion! 

It is the way of things.

They are about success too, for -:

• Stripes with black shorts and blue socks  equal silverwear
  • Stripes with blue shorts and blue socks equal promotion! 

It is the way of things.

I just love stripes. Win lose or draw, it's who we are

Don't know what school you went too, but they didn't have the internet back then lol. Before my time but those I know that went everywhere in the 69's hated it

Yep, back in those days we had to get pen and paper out and "Tell It To Tony" (or equivalent)

We'd then grab a copy of the Green 'Un on Sat'dy night, tear it open at the Letters Page and ...

... try again the following week

You'll get over it, mi'Lord.

After all, it is just a football shirt.

:stuwinky:

Only to the unseeing eye!

With some simple Transcendental Meditation techniques the universal  truth could be revealed to all who seek it!

But too many are bothered about concourse TV's and how long the queue in Beres is to illuminate their Wednesday heart stones!

No internet ? Fiber had just been enrolled on to our street we must have been one of the lucky ones