Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

Grown men arguing over the shade of blue, the thickness of stripes, the hoops on socks, black or blue shorts, centre stripe being blue or white, colour if the number on the back....blah blah blah.

Get a grip, all that matters is it's Wednesday, Blue and White and we aren't skint anymore.

I'm looking forward to the blue with white sleeves and for the 150th anniversary I will be buying one, something I don't normally do.

I look forward to stripes in future but for a couple of years I genuinely don't give a flying flip about it

Hear hear! 

Couldnt agree with you more! Some of these moaners getting their knickers in a twist over the design of a football kit.....wow! 

I'm happy just to support my team.....!

Your points on the kit and identity are worthy of debate but that last sentence is ridiculous.

It may 'only' be around 7 places table wise but without the investment he has put in the realistic expectation for us would have been a downward trajectory with mid-table the very best we could hope for. The advances the club has made in the last couple of years mean much more than that last sentence.

I put that because all anyone can say is 'look where we are now', 'compare this to the dross we've been watching for the past 20 years' etc, which to me is odd. We are only just in the playoffs, and for the most part, the football is poor.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a debate about performances as it's not really the point I was trying to make.

Stripes all the way, what next changing us to red like Cardiff did, too many sheep at Hillsborough who just accept things cos dc put his money in and saved us

Looking forward to all the people who are frothing at the mouth going out and buying retro shirts with stripes and making their protest known at the Derby game...oh wait...they'd actually have to go to matches...sorry scrub that...gets black balloons out  lol 

I put that because all anyone can say is 'look where we are now', 'compare this to the dross we've been watching for the past 20 years' etc, which to me is odd. We are only just in the playoffs, and for the most part, the football is poor.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a debate about performances as it's not really the point I was trying to make.

the point you are trying to make is that you don't like the chairman... ex-box holder or ten bob millionaire ?  lol 

Stripes all the way, what next changing us to red like Cardiff did, too many sheep at Hillsborough who just accept things cos dc put his money in and saved us

Strawman argument where has anyone said that or even hinted at it?  DC has even said that he has no intention of changing the colours of the shirts.

As you are not a sheep, what will you be doing to getting the stripes back?  

Organising demonstrations? Running on the pitch halfway through a game in your 1926 kit?  You know those kits with the really long shorts, who took that tradition away from us? Never been Wednesday really, since then.

Football kits, change, evolve even in rare instances change completely, what I do know at some point the stripes will be back.

See you in the car park.

Honestly who really cares what shirt we wear as long as it isn't red and white stripes. In our history we've had blue n white hoops, blue n white stripes, solid blue, pin stripe blue, now it's pin stripe white and we're still the greatest club in the world with the greatest fans so let's not get the face on because a few of us want us in stripes as long as we're winning it doesn't matter so get a grip. We ought to be protesting the fact that i can buy any shirt in an adult size which I don't want but for love nor money can I get my 8yr old one who would wear it all the time so have a word with DC about that please.

To me it's perfectly fair if someone wants to say we've seen investment and huge improvement on the pitch, but the price isn't worth paying.  After all if playing success is what matters then why on earth support us.

But to me Chansiri falls very much the right side of the line.  I think he has tried to connect with the club's tradition and history eg by being focused on the anniversary.  More importantly I think he conducts himself with dignity and clearly tries to connect with the fans but without embarrassing I'm really one of the lads moments.  I also like the stuff with the childrens hospital, and even the little touches as when he visited that away fan in hospital. 

Overall that adds up to a positive picture in my mind.  I've supported us since the late 70s and don't much care about the shirt colour. If you do fair enough, but do balance out with the other factors 

Ok from the news of the shirt design for OUR 150th anniversary I think it's a joke and misses the mark completely. 

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are blue and white and to us that's blue and white STRIPES.

Yes chansiri I thank you for what you are doing for our club but FFS it's our 150th anniversary, is it so hard to gives us our iconic stripes for the occasion. I'm sure 99% of the fan base would prefer the stripes and if I'm wrong please tell me?!

Think something needs to be done, and it's time the fans stood up and got our bloomin stripes back!

Not in a million years would I join a protest against our owner. 

And anyway we've not always played in stripes.  

Is it really that important? Only way I'd be unhappy is if we changed to red & white.

:duntmatter:

And despite all that, we finished 7th in the Premier League wearing that lovely kit.

And some fans were still moaning, it's what some folk do best. 

Got nowt to moan about and they'll think something up to moan about. 

Just like the moaning about our kit design. :duntmatter::biggrin:

So because he's made some decisions you disagree with, he's a 'fanny'?

:duntmatter:

I don't regard them as just "some" decisions. They are fundamental to what my love of football has always been about. I'm sure he won't be losing any sleep over it tbh and I don't expect other people to share my view. No harm venting on here though.

Brian.png

The more I think about it the more I like it - the new Wednesday - we are evolving in every way since DC took over and the vast majority of it has been very positive.

Just need a new state of the art stadium on the outskirts of Dore and a half price alcohol deal will be a happy man...

WAWAW

By the way Cardiff are in for a battering tomorrow and just think how good we would look battering them in our new solid blue / white armed kit!

Ok from the news of the shirt design for OUR 150th anniversary I think it's a joke and misses the mark completely. 

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are blue and white and to us that's blue and white STRIPES.

Yes chansiri I thank you for what you are doing for our club but FFS it's our 150th anniversary, is it so hard to gives us our iconic stripes for the occasion. I'm sure 99% of the fan base would prefer the stripes and if I'm wrong please tell me?!

Think something needs to be done, and it's time the fans stood up and got our bloomin stripes back!

I think you'll find that's MR Chansiri to you  mate, don't slag the chairman / owner. Me personally I love the iconic badge he has brought back and welcome the choice of kit for our 150th anniversary.   UTO