Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

Not sure even his strongest critic would deny Mr Chansiris name is Mr Chansiri.

It's a traditional mark of the outraged that you have to refer to things as 'so-called'.

I learned this from the Daily Express letters page. 

There might be a bit of charity involved, if he's prepared to take a loss of income on the shirts as obviously everyone hates them.

If he was in it solely for the money he would be wringing every opportunity to get a bit more money out of the fans, that's just not logical. 

How does that make any sense at all?  What charity is he supporting? The People Who Like Ipswich Town Shirts Foundation?

lol

Depends if you see football clubs as rich people's playthings and nothing more or organisations with a deeper cultural meaning and value.

Owners are custodians.  I'm not saying Chansiri is a bad owner. I'm just saying that stripes are our identity and that is important. 

Also,  I am making a financial commitment to my club through enhanced ticket prices. 

'Financial commitment through enhanced ticket prices'. 

Talk me through that pearler and the link to the stripes. 

'Financial commitment through enhanced ticket prices'. 

Talk me through that pearler and the link to the stripes. 

It was a response to you suggesting that when I put 50 million in I am entitled to a say, but not before. 

Well for me the retro 60's kit would be fine by me, its the shirt i grew up with, didnt know anything before the blue body with white sleeves and if Owlstalk was around at the time of the change I would have posted against going back to stripes.  However, i grew to like the stripes, and I have grown to like this years strip.  Its only a kit after all, but what do I know, I'm only a fan!

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

How does that make any sense at all?  What charity is he supporting? The People Who Like Ipswich Town Shirts Foundation?

lol

That's the point from a money making exercise it doesn't make any sense.  You have stated he only wants to make money out of the club.  Obviously, he doesn't or he would forgo his personal taste.

The charity which is SWFC, as at the moment he is subsidising it.

I know it can come across as people who don't like the kit are frothing with rage at the mouth.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it but I still don't like it. Will have a good moan on here and probably in the pub tomorrow but that's probably to extent of it. To tell you the truth at £55 I would still not buy it if blue and white stripes.

Yes we are all just customers now and everything and its Chansiris club and he can do what he wants. Sheffield Wednesday and many other clubs of similar size are just rich blokes playthings. I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke or anything but please forgive me when I groan when in his end of season or Christmas statement he uses the phrase 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family' 

It was a response to you suggesting that when I put 50 million in I am entitled to a say, but not before. 

You are getting shareholders and season ticket holders mixed up. 

Shareholders have a say in the decision making part of a company, and on those who make the decisions. Have a guess who owns all our shares. 

Season ticket holders have a ticket for a football match in the same seat. 

And it leads to some losing all sense of perspective, apparently.

My favourite Wednesday kit growing up was this one:

Hirst.jpg.6db27576f7108fb69ba8efb6a733d5a3.jpg

As a ten year-old, I spent every waking hour wearing that shirt and only took it off so that my mum could put in through the wash. Then it'd be back on again before it was even dry.

To me, that was the shirt of my heroes: the shirt of Waddle, Hirst, Sheridan, Walker and Bright...and I wanted to be seen in it everywhere I went. I wanted all my mates down the park wearing their Manchester United, Liverpool and Newcastle shirts to see that I was different; I was Wednesday. And that was the shirt that meant that to me.

As much as it might pain the traditionalists, I imagine there'll be kids out there today forming similar attachments to our current shirt, and for them, as for me, Wednesday will not inevitably and exclusively be regular blue and white stripes.

You make an excellent point about perspective.

I was considerably older than your good self when this abomination was released and like you ,it reminds me too of those times.

Of Sheridan and Waddle being shown the door and the arrival of...... Wayne Collins and Scott Oakes. 

Of Big Andy Booth labouring around the pitch in that knock-kneed but willing manner, like a knackered dray horse desperate to make it's final drop.

Of David Pleat....

I see that kit and the only highlight. The only spark inside the pit of gloomyy memories inside me are the odd sparkles of Marc Degrsyes match intelligence, which was all too sadly short lived at S6.

It would be wrong of course for me to blame this on the kit and not the Chairman and his twerp manager.

But I can't help think it may have played a part in upsetting the balance of the footballing Universe.

That's the point from a money making exercise it doesn't make any sense.  You have stated he only wants to make money out of the club.  Obviously, he doesn't or he would forgo his personal taste.

The charity which is SWFC, as at the moment he is subsidising it.

How is playing in and selling shirts he likes being charitable towards Wednesday? I genuinely don't get your logic. 

You make an excellent point about perspective.

I was considerably older than your good self when this abomination was released and like you ,it reminds me too of those times.

Of Sheridan and Waddle being shown the door and the arrival of...... Wayne Collins and Scott Oakes. 

Of Big Andy Booth labouring around the pitch in that knock-kneed but willing manner, like a knackered dray horse desperate to make it's final drop.

Of David Pleat....

I see that kit and the only highlight. The only spark inside the pit of gloomyy memories inside me are the odd sparkles of Marc Degrsyes match intelligence, which was all too sadly short lived at S6.

It would be wrong of course for me to blame this on the kit and not the Chairman and his twerp manager.

But I can't help think it may have played a part in upsetting the balance of the footballing Universe.

:duntmatter:

And despite all that, we finished 7th in the Premier League wearing that lovely kit.

AND I SAY TO YOU, MR SO-CALLED CHANSIRI, THAT THIS PROUD AND GREAT CLUB SHOULD PLAY OUR 150TH HALLOWED YEAR IN THE FAMOUS BLUE AND WHITE STRIPES WHICH ARE THE ONLY KITS WHICH HAVE EVER BROUGHT US ANY AMOUNT OF GENUINE SUCCESS.

No automatic alt text available.

THEREFORE WHAT SORT OF IDENTITY WOULD THIS CLUB HAVE IF WE DIDN'T DO IN THIS ANNIVERSARY YEAR WHAT WE HAVE DONE SUCCESSFULLY BEFORE WHEN THE FANS, CLUB AND KIT HAVE ALIGNED WITH THE FOOTBALLING STARS.

Slight amendment and that's about 100% spot on old boy.

You are getting shareholders and season ticket holders mixed up. 

Shareholders have a say in the decision making part of a company, and on those who make the decisions. Have a guess who owns all our shares. 

Season ticket holders have a ticket for a football match in the same seat. 

If Chansiri was the ruthless dictator it sounds like you would be if you were in charge,  he wouldn't bother with a Steering Group.

He does care what fans think which is why I support a healthy,  good natured dialogue about this issue. 

(not a rancourous shoes off in the car park protest.)

Edited by Bodhidharma

:duntmatter:

And despite all that, we finished 7th in the Premier League wearing that lovely kit.

Which of course, you know I am going to put down to the previous foundations that had been laid and were subsequently destroyed very rapidily.

You naughty boy!

I know it can come across as people who don't like the kit are frothing with rage at the mouth.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it but I still don't like it. Will have a good moan on here and probably in the pub tomorrow but that's probably to extent of it. To tell you the truth at £55 I would still not buy it if blue and white stripes.

Yes we are all just customers now and everything and its Chansiris club and he can do what he wants. Sheffield Wednesday and many other clubs of similar size are just rich blokes playthings. I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke or anything but please forgive me when I groan when in his end of season or Christmas statement he uses the phrase 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family' 

Bang on.

My main worry at the moment is, having just bought a ticket for the Ipswich game - see I'm not a completely bad person - I might get the teams mixed up.  When I fast forward through the C5 highlights I normally miss our game because we don't play in a kit that is recognisably Wednesday.  

This is a fantastic time to be an Owl, we've got an astute businessman as chairman and we're consistently challenging at the right end of the league table for once!

Embrace it!!  Chill out!!

Am I allowed to embrace challenging at the right end of the table and still not like the dirge kits?