Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

We would still be doing that now be we opted to sign one of those foreign fancy dan types who wear gloves in the English summer so no way he was going to play in skins. Tradition eh!

you mean to say Tango has been wearing the original kit all this time 

errr I'll pass I might put his stomach to shame 

you mean to say Tango has been wearing the original kit all this time 

errr I'll pass I might put his stomach to shame 

Doesn't bring in much revenue either, though we could go for a flesh coloured shirt with a six-pack outline, not sure how tango would look in an XXXXL version of that.

The anniversary thing doesn't bother me. It's only a significant date because the Arabs or Indians or whatever decided to count in base 10.

So what we wore on our 100th anniversary is of no consequence. All I'm bothered about is not having a w@nk kit and it looks like that's what we are destined to have. 

With a 10-page thread on our identity, another 20 pages about our 'new home shirt' and countless references elsewhere ...

It's impossible to overstate the divisions created by Mr C's stubborn decision to mess with our traditions

Some topics are sure to invite differing opinions, arguement or discussion - and this is clearly one - but I can't say I was prepared for the way those fans who couldn't give a hoot about the kit we wear think it's okay to treat the rest of us with such disdain

Anyone would think that success (on and off the pitch) and wearing our traditional colours are mutually exclusive

That believing our owner has bought the right to do whatever he pleases is to take the moral high ground

Well for their information - no, I'm not just having a right old moan, I don't need to get a grip, and I don't have my head up my ass either

I'll be 'celebrating' an anniversary of my own at the end of this calendar year - 50 years a Wednesdayite

In football terms, that's my whole life - as I've never devoted myself to any other club

That's fifty years of identifying and embracing those factors that make Wednesday UNIQUE  (...imo)

I don't expect everyone to agree with them, but last season's run-in, the Wembley play-off and all, I really thought it was all starting to come together

Naturally, I hope it still is (as a club with ambition) but at what price?

It feels like we're being made to sell our soul in order to get there

Why has this year's kit sold so well? Successful side = more shirt sales???Realistically next year's kit whether it be blue arsenal or whatever will sell well too. 

At least it's got peoples attention off the disgusting ticket prices for a few days. Hold on a minute.....

With a 10-page thread on our identity, another 20 pages about our 'new home shirt' and countless references elsewhere ...

It's impossible to overstate the divisions created by Mr C's stubborn decision to mess with our traditions

Some topics are sure to invite differing opinions, arguement or discussion - and this is clearly one - but I can't say I was prepared for the way those fans who couldn't give a hoot about the kit we wear think it's okay to treat the rest of us with such disdain

Anyone would think that success (on and off the pitch) and wearing our traditional colours are mutually exclusive

That believing our owner has bought the right to do whatever he pleases is to take the moral high ground

Well for their information - no, I'm not just having a right old moan, I don't need to get a grip, and I don't have my head up my ass either

I'll be 'celebrating' an anniversary of my own at the end of this calendar year - 50 years a Wednesdayite

In football terms, that's my whole life - as I've never devoted myself to any other club

That's fifty years of identifying and embracing those factors that make Wednesday UNIQUE  (...imo)

I don't expect everyone to agree with them, but last season's run-in, the Wembley play-off and all, I really thought it was all starting to come together

Naturally, I hope it still is (as a club with ambition) but at what price?

It feels like we're being made to sell our soul in order to get there

But he's 'messed with our traditions' by reverting to one of our traditional kits...the very kit our team wore when you first started supporting us.

But he's 'messed with our traditions' by reverting to one of our traditional kits...the very kit our team wore when you first started supporting us.

If I could recognize the '65-72 kit flew in the face of tradition then everyone can

It was brilliant when the stripes returned, even though we were struggling on the pitch, it was kinda 'liberating'  :biggrin:

If I could recognize the '65-72 kit flew in the face of tradition then everyone can

It was brilliant when the stripes returned, even though we were struggling on the pitch, it was kinda 'liberating'  :biggrin:

We have a tradition of not playing in evenly-spaced stripes for about 20% of the history of our club. This tradition has continued at pretty much the same rate in our most recent 50 years, too.

I'm glad Chansiri is respecting one of our fine traditions.

We have a tradition of not playing in evenly-spaced stripes for about 20% of the history of our club. This tradition has continued at pretty much the same rate in our most recent 50 years, too.

I'm glad Chansiri is respecting one of our fine traditions.

There always seemed to be a challenge for manufacturers/suppliers to come up with fresh designs

This used to be every couple of years, alternating home & away, so there was always a 'new' kit on sale every summer

Occasionally, a design would break from what I would call 'tradition', two spring to mind:

- the all-white kit of the late-80s was so unpopular they later introduced blue shorts as a compromise

- the 'Pleat era' abomination which I maintain was our worst kit EVER

But generally we're talking about variations on a theme

Not so this season, to say our current kit is in the style of that '62-63 effort (before my time, but I have seen pics) is pulling wool over our eyes

That next season's kit will be in the style of the '65-72 has nothing to do with 'maintaining tradition' and everything to do with ditching the stripes