Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

Ok from the news of the shirt design for OUR 150th anniversary I think it's a joke and misses the mark completely. 

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are blue and white and to us that's blue and white STRIPES.

Yes chansiri I thank you for what you are doing for our club but FFS it's our 150th anniversary, is it so hard to gives us our iconic stripes for the occasion. I'm sure 99% of the fan base would prefer the stripes and if I'm wrong please tell me?!

Think something needs to be done, and it's time the fans stood up and got our bloomin stripes back!

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

I like stripes, don't get me wrong, but not enough to protest the current owner's decision to hark back to a previous style (which he has, no arguing that).

I'm not sure I'd agree with 99% either. I reckon if a proper poll was carried out of all Wednesday fans a large proportion honestly wouldn't mind as long as it wasn't changed to red or something daft.

Ok from the news of the shirt design for OUR 150th anniversary I think it's a joke and misses the mark completely. 

We are Sheffield Wednesday and we are blue and white and to us that's blue and white STRIPES.

Yes chansiri I thank you for what you are doing for our club but FFS it's our 150th anniversary, is it so hard to gives us our iconic stripes for the occasion. I'm sure 99% of the fan base would prefer the stripes and if I'm wrong please tell me?!

Think something needs to be done, and it's time the fans stood up and got our bloomin stripes back!

The most successful shirt in terms of sales is the current all blue with white pinstripes home shirt. That would suggest that, whilst I myself also prefer stripes, the majority of our fans don't.

There are rumours too that Mr Chansiri doesn't like the stripes, and if that is the case then I can't see stripes making a comeback whilst he's at our club. Also, the sales of this season's shirt gives him sufficient evidence to say his decision is backed by most fans.

If all we have to complain about is whether we have a striped shirt or not under Mr Chansiri then I think he's doing very well!

We've played in home shirts which are not even-width blue and white stripes for more than a fifth of our club's existence. Yes, stripes is our most commonly used design, but it's not the only one. As a kid, my favourite Wednesday shirt wasn't even-width stripes, and that was as recently as the mid-90s.

The popularity of the current shirt would also suggest that most Wednesday fans are happy with the change, regardless of what some on internet messageboards would have us believe.

Or alternatively

"Mr Chansiri, it's entirely your club, and as long as we still play in blue and white, compete well on the pitch and you don't run the club into financial oblivion, do whatever the f#ck you want"

Willing to spend hundreds of millions but we don't want him to choose the design of the kit.

I understand the fans frustration as I personally love the traditional striped shirt.  He doesn't want to change the colours, he just doesn't like stripes.

He must be willing to take a loss of income on the decision.

I suggest fans if they feel strongly enough about it boycott the shirt, have massive protests, boycott the games.

No point in constantly whinging about it on a social media, do something proactive.   

But sorry I won't be joining you.

Don't listen to the brown noses. They'd sell their soul for 15th place in the Premier League. 

I love the stripes but Chansiri doesnt like stripes, he said so last year and only gave the pinstripes to placate the fans. The fact folks bought this years shirt in droves will counter any protest.

Stripes wont be back while Chansiri owns the club

Listen to yourself, it's a bloody kit :laugh:

A small amount of hyperbole is permitted on a forum surely.

lol

Having said that - it's only a bloody colour, it's only 22 bloody blokes kicking a bag of wind about.   Everything about following Wednesday is irrational.