Newcastle vs SYP re allocation

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Why is it SAG's fault that our ground is seemingly unfit for purpose.  Surely that's down to years of mismanagement and zero investment.

Its all the fault of SAG and SYP .

Personally it wouldn't surprise me if the club were doing it on purpose because of their massive away support. I'm absolutely convinced other clubs do it to us deliberately. As someone has already said what do they do for us? We get a few hundred more seats but at least they can see the players at Hillsborough, all we see at their place are little dots running around.

F o o k em, the Geordie B a s t a r d s.

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its Pathetic . SYP are spineless bottlers. They are so scared of anything happening . They are not fit for purpose and should be disbanded , 

Agreed.Given SYP's inept and Sometimes brutal policing of Large gatherings like we saw at Orgreave during the Miner's Strike in 1984 would manifest itself 5 years later at Hillsbrough 5 years later with extremely tragic consequences.:columbo:

Typical Quango mentality , nitpicking at every opportunity to justify their pathetic existense. Soon they'll have us down to half capacity.

It'll get to boiling point soon.

If they actually designed a new stand/stadium , they'd still find summat to nitpick about , week in week out.

Cos they're feckin Quangos.

If I was Chansiri I would invoice syp and the sag for loss of income.

2500 seats can't be used so  that's 42 x 2500 = £105000 plus vat.

Give them 14 days too pay too. 

Unless they can come up with a legitimate reason, it cannot be stand unsafe or the whole stand would be shut. 

They will soon back down.

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

How bad is it going to look when United have their promotion party in front of a sellout crowd and they end up having a larger attendance than us? In a league below too.

They're having same problems as us. Loads of seats netted off. 

One of games just after Xmas was supposedly sold out but attendance was only 28,000. 

Visiting team was only allocated one tier of bramall lane end too. 

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

How bad is it going to look when United have their promotion party in front of a sellout crowd and they end up having a larger attendance than us? In a league below too.

is it mathematically possible that they can get promoted that day?

With regards to Newcastle fans getting tickets in the home areas., they will find it very difficult I think. The game is all ticket and the only people who can buy tickets are those that have an ID number that has been used to buy tickets over the past few years so unless they know a Wednesday fan who will buy them tickets they will find it hard. On the subject of segregation/improvements,  I was told that they couldn't do anything until the Hillsborough inquiry and subsequent follow up was completed. 

6 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Newcastle aren't exactly animals, we've no rivalry with them.

I'd beg to differ.....they are up there with the worst and I wouldn't shed a tear if we didn't give them any tickets

2 hours ago, tuttuttut said:

If I was Chansiri I would invoice syp and the sag for loss of income.

2500 seats can't be used so  that's 42 x 2500 = £105000 plus vat.

Give them 14 days too pay too. 

Unless they can come up with a legitimate reason, it cannot be stand unsafe or the whole stand would be shut. 

They will soon back down.

Spot on . This is exactly whats needed to get these muppets accountable for their actions. 

Does anyone know definitively what the issues are and why? If the club are opposed to it why don't they say something? 

Are SAG and SYP just sticking to the letter of the law and that's why the club don't grumble? If that's the case drastic action will have to be taken because this situation isn't going to get any better.

Facilities have never bothered me. If I can't get scran inside the ground I'll get it outside so I'm happy with Hillsborough. But with three side of the ground not up to modern standards, if it's going to have a major effect on capacity something's got to give. Do we rebuild three sides or move?