Newcastle vs SYP re allocation

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Does anyone know definitively what the issues are and why? If the club are opposed to it why don't they say something? 

Are SAG and SYP just sticking to the letter of the law and that's why the club don't grumble? If that's the case drastic action will have to be taken because this situation isn't going to get any better.

Facilities have never bothered me. If I can't get scran inside the ground I'll get it outside so I'm happy with Hillsborough. But with three side of the ground not up to modern standards, if it's going to have a major effect on capacity something's got to give. Do we rebuild three sides or move? 

Move. tbh

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Does anyone know definitively what the issues are and why? If the club are opposed to it why don't they say something? 

Are SAG and SYP just sticking to the letter of the law and that's why the club don't grumble? If that's the case drastic action will have to be taken because this situation isn't going to get any better.

Facilities have never bothered me. If I can't get scran inside the ground I'll get it outside so I'm happy with Hillsborough. But with three side of the ground not up to modern standards, if it's going to have a major effect on capacity something's got to give. Do we rebuild three sides or move? 

Probably doesn't matter what we do, we'll still be faced by the same draconian measures as long as we have a home within South Yorkshire. It needs the decisions to be challenged in a court of law.

2 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Probably doesn't matter what we do, we'll still be faced by the same draconian measures as long as we have a home within South Yorkshire. It needs the decisions to be challenged in a court of law.

But if they're merely enforcing the letter of the law then that's pointless. 

Edited by rickygoo

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But if they're merely enforcing the letter of the law then that's pointless. 

I'm no legal expert but I struggle to see how they can be enforcing the letter of the law in this instance. This season both Villa and Leeds have had a "full" allocation using top and bottom tiers.

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

I'm no legal expert but I struggle to see how they can be enforcing the letter of the law in this instance. This season both Villa and Leeds have had a "full" allocation using top and bottom tiers.

Yeah, what's changed, what's the difference between then and now 

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

All you need to know about these muppets SAG is here. 

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/business-economy/licensing/general-licensing/sports.html

SAG is being used by Sheffield City Council to bash us over the head with all because we didn't not consider a move to that Big White Elephant known as Don Valley back in 1991 just after the Disastrous World Student Games which nearly brought Sheffield to its knees finanically and SCC was hoping that SWFC would consider a long term move there to help spare them the acute Embarassment over the most disastrous period in Sheffield's recent history.And we're still paying the price for that 26 years on and all thinks to Numpties like Peter Price and then Council Leader Clive Betts.:columbo:

35 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

SAG is being used by Sheffield City Council to bash us over the head with all because we didn't not consider a move to that Big White Elephant known as Don Valley back in 1991 just after the Disastrous World Student Games which nearly brought Sheffield to its knees finanically and SCC was hoping that SWFC would consider a long term move there to help spare them the acute Embarassment over the most disastrous period in Sheffield's recent history.And we're still paying the price for that 26 years on and all thinks to Numpties like Peter Price and then Council Leader Clive Betts.:columbo:

Biggest load of testicles ever written on here.  How you've managed to so many factual inaccuracies into one paragraph beggars belief.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Biggest load of testicles ever written on here.  How you've managed to so many factual inaccuracies into one paragraph beggars belief.

it wasn't mean't to be factual at all.Just my personal belief on the way we are being treated by the SAG on how many fans we can safely allow into S6.At the end of the day,you're proberly right about some of the facts being totally inaccurate but i think you'll understand my frustration and many other fans like myself and youself at SAG and SYP's pathetic handling of Ticket allocations for big games at S6.

Shambles.

The Leppings Lane end holds what, about 6500??

Certain they would sell that out, (They sold out Barnsley and it was 6k) big clubs LOVE away days in Sheffield...most of them haven't had one in decades.

Yet again fans are the biggest losers... not to mention all the money the club are missing out on, this kind of rubbish has to stop when we reach the PL

1 minute ago, zico.b said:

There is a democratic process to all of this (for Sheffield residents), if you feel aggrieved: -

1. Contact your local councillor and demand reasonable explanations are provided/minuted at the next full council meeting;

2. Same demands to Alan Billings as Police and Crime Commissioner.

Lack of response results in votes for their rivals at the next election.

The problem in sheffield is that it dosnt matter what this bunch of incompitent muppets in the town hall do , they will still be voted back in at the next local elections. its the age old thing of " my grandad voted labour ,and my dad voted labour ,so i vote labour. " 

4 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Shambles.

The Leppings Lane end holds what, about 6500??

Certain they would sell that out, (They sold out Barnsley and it was 6k) big clubs LOVE away days in Sheffield...most of them haven't had one in decades.

Yet again fans are the biggest losers... not to mention all the money the club are missing out on, this kind of rubbish has to stop when we reach the PL

Newcastle would sell out the entire away end ,and the triangle if we were allowed to use our full capacity. 

That is one hell of a financial hit we are taking because of the muppets at SYP and SAG. 

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The problem in sheffield is that it dosnt matter what this bunch of incompitent muppets in the town hall do , they will still be voted back in at the next local elections. its the age old thing of " my grandad voted labour ,and my dad voted labour ,so i vote labour. " 

How have we managed to end up with the Lib Dems running the council several times?

8 hours ago, steveger said:

With SYP's embarrassing history of "F**k ups" they shouldn't exist any longer, they should have been gone a lone time ago.... should be merged into a Yorkshire Police Force and run from Wakefield, NOT Sheffield.

I'm intrigued by your knowledge and awareness of all this.Please list them from a factual point of view and not a media frenzie. And beside the present incumbents resistance to open the ground up, probably due to not wanting to feed said media frenzie should anything go t!ts up, what do they  have to do with the past? Also when Rangers came to Hillsborough did they not allow 5k plus. And if my memory  serves me correct everyone of them was drunk? 

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

it wasn't mean't to be factual at all.Just my personal belief on the way we are being treated by the SAG on how many fans we can safely allow into S6.At the end of the day,you're proberly right about some of the facts being totally inaccurate but i think you'll understand my frustration and many other fans like myself and youself at SAG and SYP's pathetic handling of Ticket allocations for big games at S6.

Are you Donald Trump?

lol