Newcastle vs SYP re allocation

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

No, you're right!

The lawyers are just going to forget all about the incident now and move on.

Has nothing to do with how the ground is currently segregated.

I could understand it more if they just completely closed the west stand 

I have mentioned this before ..... why isn't our

saviour DC got a top legal team on to this to

run rings round the fools which are SYP

and SAG.

It would be no contest with so much evidence

and precedents, all recorded on film, from 

grounds having local derbies around the UK.

The sooner the 'Presto Stand' get flattened the better

Its a horrible dinosaur of a standard that's costing the club a fortune in lost revenue.

We need a stadium that leaves SYP and SAG no excuses to adopt their unfair, over the top segregation policies.

1 hour ago, steveger said:

I know mate, i'm just highlighting in time it's gunna get worse and it doesn't make good business sense....

I bet the Keepmoat flatpack makes more income from non matchdays than SWFC do with Hillsborough, (i hate the Keepmoat by the way)

I'm sure it does, it's a well known fact toytowns little bowl makes more than hillsborough. Certainly don't need to convince me hillsborough holds us back ! 

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Anyone that doesn't believe that the club would rather have 8,000 fat geordies paying £42 each and their added income is kidding themselves, this is a local safety issue as usual 

56 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

I have mentioned this before ..... why isn't our

saviour DC got a top legal team on to this to

run rings round the fools which are SYP

and SAG.

It would be no contest with so much evidence

and precedents, all recorded on film, from 

grounds having local derbies around the UK.

didn't he say that he wanted as few visiting fans as possible in Hillsborough, he wants fans cheering us on not the opposition.

We're only treated differently because of what happened in '89. SAG/SYP need to get with the times and give us control of what we can and can't sell. The allocation we're giving Newcastle is quite baffling.

The only consolation we can look forward to is that if/when we go up, something will have to be done because of the demand.

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

How bad is it going to look when United have their promotion party in front of a sellout crowd and they end up having a larger attendance than us? In a league below too.

:laugh: 

Oh no. That's it, I'm moving to Papa New Guinea. I can't cope.

2 hours ago, steveger said:

It's Sheffield Wednesday and it's previous custodians fault that our ground is outdated not fit for modern day football, no one else's, yeah we may have romance, history and tradition compared to some of the so called atmosphere free flat packs, but again let's not kid ourselves our atmosphere at Hillsborough is nothing short of sad and tired, we have a half hearted couple of seconds at "High Ho Sheffield Wednesday" then that's pretty much it apart from the groans and pissheads, the whole match-day experience is overpriced and outdated, on of the main reasons i stopped going as much, it bores the crap outta me! I used to love going, it used to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time and I've sadly seen some crap football from us over the years.

Modern day football is a business and needs to be run as one, Mr C is a very successful businessman and i trust he will make the right decisions in time to benefit "the business". Hillsborough in its present form must be haemorrhaging money and is less attractive for income outside of match day in it's location rather than somewhere like Meadowhall etc....

All depends on how long Mr C is planning to hang around i suppose and our success. Some unpopular tough decisions may be taken in the future.

Like planning for a New State of the Art Stadium like Everton are doing at present in the next decade ? :columbo:

SYP have managed to establish themselves as the worst police force in the UK (IMO) on so many fronts.

1) They don't want anything to do with constructive match day policing at Hillsbrough .

2) The current crowd segregation enforced at Hillsbrough is the most oppresive in the UK.

As for SAG I have no idea who they are, who funds them and what powers they have ?

Is it not time the culb took legal action against SYP and SAG asking them to explain their actions.

Or let's build a new ground in West Yorkshire or Greater Manchester (joke).

4 hours ago, modboy said:

Its Pathetic . SYP are spineless bottlers. They are so scared of anything happening . They are not fit for purpose and should be disbanded , 

How long have we got to suffer these incompitant idiots at SYP and SAG .? They are a joke. 

We have an away end with a capacity of around 5000 ( not including the triangle ) yet we can only use half of it . 

Its time DC sued these muppets for loss of earnings.