Almen Abdi going home ?

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

I just have the feeling that Abdi will go down under the header of should have worked but didn't. 

Basel would probably offer him CL football 

For me it's more 'should have been given a chance but wasnt'.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

No doubt he is a very good player.

It's a mystery to me how he hasn't found his feet here, but we've seen it before with other players, at other clubs. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, or they perform to their optimum at a particular club.

Poor medical is the answer don't know why they asked Blunkett to do itWTF:

Sometimes signings work and other times they don't. Patrick Blondeau gave Des Walker heart. Attacks but he was playing Champions league after we let him move on. Darko Kovacivic anyone?

like many others, I don't want Almen to go, but if this team at this time is not working for him and he not for us - it is best all round for a move to be worked out. 

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Would be good for everybody if this turned out to be true. I have my doubts as to whether Basel could afford his wages and transfer fee.

They seem to be in the Champions League group stages regularly,  they pull in around £10m just for being in it. They also get a load of cash for every point they get and although they were rubbish in it this season they've made the knockout stage a couple of times in recent years. So they don't have the revenue streams of the top clubs but they're no paupers.

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

From the championship to Champions league... 

Shows we are wasting him here not playing him. 

not exactly big hitters though are they ....i'd say the championship is tougher league than the top flight swiss league .

4 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

I just have the feeling that Abdi will go down under the header of should have worked but didn't. 

Basel would probably offer him CL football 

Probably agree. All managers have these players, I thought Seb Veron was going to rip the league apart for Man Utd.