Joe Bennett

Just now, wilyfox said:

Bridcutt, Jedinak, Chalobah. Not that hard to find. Any of would be excellent. Expensive though. Nothing to suggest Melo is up to task. 

Good players, Bridcutt's lack of height isn't ideal as we have a very short midfield as it is.

6 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Possibly but a decent one will be hard to find..if Melo ever reaches full fitness/form again he is the man for this role

Whilst CC is on record as saying Hutch will play at CH, when Loovens returns and we need CM cover, he could move Hutch forwards in certain scenarios

Carlos confirmed this would happen in the post match interview. 

Only question is whether it will be someone of the quality of Jedinak or more of a squad filler. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Think tank said:

Good players, Bridcutt's lack of height isn't ideal as we have a very short midfield as it is.

Bite more important than height. Hutch excellent in the air. He's only 5'11". Tudgay probably one of the best in the air we've had in last 15yrs, and was only 5'9". So long as Bridcutt can jump and attacks the ball well, I'd have him. Like Buckley, was part of Brighton's midfield that made top-6 consecutive seasons. Leeds rose up the league with his input too. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bridcutt, Jedinak, Chalobah. Not that hard to find. Any of would be excellent. Expensive though. Nothing to suggest Melo is up to task. 

Ive been thinking Chalobah may be a realistic option for defensive midfield too.

Maybe a double deal for Chalobah and Hector would be good. 

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Melo has missed a year of football - impossible to judge him yet.

These guys maybe available -  however as you highlight, the price will be the issue.

Anyone that comes in will have to be of a certain level and unfortunately the price tag that will come with these guys will probably be a tad too prohibitive.

It will come down to how much we need this type of player and whether DC is prepared to pay the money.

I guess we will find out fairly soon though, especially if we lose at Norwich

3 hours ago, Wolfmanjack said:

It's only my opinion, but I'd much rather have him at left back, than Pudil who on Sunday, just seemed to carry as he had at the back end of last season, when he was very ordinary. 

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I thought Pudil was excellent on Sunday.  He didn't get much help on the wing as Abdi was often playing centrally and then it was Fernando on the wing.  I'm more thN happy with Bennett though.  Provides excellent competition.

i'm with kago on this one .......i dont get your dislike of pudil wolfie .he's a good solid player and having whacked out a hefty fee for him he's obviously impressed carlos as well.

Just now, torryowl said:

i'm with kago on this one .......i dont get your dislike of pudil wolfie .he's a good solid player and having whacked out a hefty fee for him he's obviously impressed carlos as well.

I'll second that he ran his testicles off, thought both our full backs and the defence in general played well.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

if there are any takers for Helan, ship him out as quickly as possible. very very fortunate to play championship football for 4 years. one of the least technically gifted footballers ive ever seen. Willing trier but a truly dreadful player

if he's truly dreadful we may have a job shifting him .........

1 hour ago, Grimbarian said:

If the price is good and not some over inflated nonsense (I'd say max £1.5m) then yes very happy to see him back.

I don't think that happens at SWFC.

Certainly not in the last 15 years but, even now that Mr C is writing the cheques it doesn't look like we're overpaying for anyone (which is a good thing).