Joe Bennett

Very reliable account.

Sheffield Wednesday are on the verge of re-signing Aston Villa left-back Joe Bennett.

From a popular Villa forum with over 5,000 followers:

Joe Bennett expected to complete a permanent move to Sheffield Wednesday by tomorrow. #AVFC

Edited by joelswfc

Makes perfect sense as a signing. We have seen that he is an excellent full back. He knows the club and the league very well and can play on the wing if needed. It also means that Pudil can cover centre back as we have a quality left back to stand in for him.

9 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Very reliable account.

Sheffield Wednesday are on the verge of re-signing Aston Villa left-back Joe Bennett.

From a popular Villa forum with over 5,000 followers:

Joe Bennett expected to complete a permanent move to Sheffield Wednesday by tomorrow. #AVFC

It's only my opinion, but I'd much rather have him at left back, than Pudil who on Sunday, just seemed to carry as he had at the back end of last season, when he was very ordinary. 

Big fan of Pudil don't get me wrong, but I think Bennett is a better full back overal another, another cracking bit of business. Looked solid defensively whenever he played last season.

Edited by joe

3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Makes perfect sense as a signing. We have seen that he is an excellent full back. He knows the club and the league very well and can play on the wing if needed. It also means that Pudil can cover centre back as we have a quality left back to stand in for him.

We didn't get to see too much of him last season due to injury, but if Carlos rates him having seen plenty of him in training, then I'm more than happy to see him return. We saw last season the effect that too many newcomers all thrown together at the start of a season can have, so the continuity of having a player who already knows the coaches, players, tactics etc... could be another major strength of this deal if it goes through.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Wolfmanjack said:

It's only my opinion, but I'd much rather have him at left back, than Pudil who on Sunday, just seemed to carry as he had at the back end of last season, when he was very ordinary. 

I thought Pudil was excellent on Sunday.  He didn't get much help on the wing as Abdi was often playing centrally and then it was Fernando on the wing.  I'm more thN happy with Bennett though.  Provides excellent competition.

Why do villa play sissoko ahead of him though. 

Thought he he was terrible for them on Sunday.

like Bennett but only as back up to pudil who is the better of the two. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'd be happy enough to see him return, although signing Pudil and Bennett doesn't actually improve on last year. We need a few more signings like Abdi and Fletcher if we are to close the gap

Defence wasn't a problem last year though, and not an area needing vast improvement. Far from it; our defensive record has been good the past two seasons. Happy to keep that unit together. Would be pleased to see Bennett return.