Joe Bennett

Just now, rob_owl_92 said:

Please with this. A couple of Boro mates said he offers something going forward but is hopeless at defending (bit like Hunt) but from what I saw of him last season he looked pretty solid and actually looked better than Pudil at the time.

Agreed, always looked safe enough, sometimes people are too quick to mark full backs down because crosses come into the box and things like that but it's going to happen in 90 minutes, they can't block everything.

Might just be me aswell, and I know he's still far from perfect, but towards the end of last season and on Sunday, there's been some improvements in Hunt's defending, lot less scary than he used to be.

30 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Pudil & Semedo CB's tonigh then.

Helan/Palmer LB/RB.

Wildsmith in net.

Matias-Bannan-Melo-Wallace

Nuhiu-Joao

Buckley debut likely aswell at some point

Bannan and Wallace won't play tonight, or I'd be very surprised if they did. Buckley to start and McGugan. 

21 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Bannan and Wallace won't play tonight, or I'd be very surprised if they did. Buckley to start and McGugan. 

Doubt McGugan will start, hasn't got a squad number so can't see him playing.

1 hour ago, stowyowl said:

Didn't he play three league games and we kept clean sheets in all three last season? Tricky games too; Hull, Brighton and someone else.

I'm happy with this.

Huddersfield I think...was that where he got injured ?  I remember having a beer with his dad at the station afterwards

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Why do villa play sissoko ahead of him though.

Thought he he was terrible for them on Sunday.

like Bennett but only as back up to pudil who is the better of the two.

Is that who it was at left back for them then? He was dogger. Luckily for him, Hunt & Wallace had an off day.

I thought Pudil looked unfit on Sunday. He was exposed far too often, albeit down to a lack of cover, but he stood off too far anyway. Luckily, Hutton & his mate couldn't cross anything like. Bennett just increases the pressure on Puddle to perform. Good signing.

Good signing in my opinion. For the left back slot we aren't going to go out and get a player costing us 1m+ given we've already spent a decent sum by Championship standards to get Pudil. Given this Bennett is probably the best of the other options.