Joe Bennett

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

I'll second that he ran his testicles off, thought both our full backs and the defence in general played well.

not sure about hunt mate .....he's not as bad as some would have us believe on here but defensively i think he just comes up short and while not a weak link i do think he's our weakest player in the starting eleven .

4 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

@BC1867 Go home, you're drunk. 

Not a chance, he can run really fast and thats about it. He's is nowhere near good enough for winger or LB. 

Sorry guys, just my opinion. I dont think JB played well in all the time he was here, most of which he was injured. Villa fans hate cissoko and he couldnt even beat him to a start v us on sunday. 

Helan is good outlet when we are winning and loiking to sit in then counter. Thats why I rate him as a more useful sub. They are both sub quality in any event.

Just my opinion. Hope to be proved wrong.

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

Of those jedinak is the absolute best by a long way

But, he's also likely to cost quite a lot for a 32yr old. May be the better player, but not necessarily the best business for us. 

1 minute ago, Cheshowl said:

Not a popular opinion by the looks of it but I'm not convinced by Bennett on the evidence of his spell at Hillsborough. Hope he proves me wrong.

Let be honest, he didn't really feature that much. When he did though, he showed he was more the adequate. Part of the back for down at Brighton in the league which kept a clean sheet and he was fantastic away at Dull keeping Snodgrass quiet. Wasn't it shortly after the Dull game he picked up the injury?

He'll be a very good signing for us IMO.

16 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Let be honest, he didn't really feature that much. When he did though, he showed he was more the adequate. Part of the back for down at Brighton in the league which kept a clean sheet and he was fantastic away at Dull keeping Snodgrass quiet. Wasn't it shortly after the Dull game he picked up the injury?

He'll be a very good signing for us IMO.

Im probably being unfair but I can't shake off my initial impression of him against Shrewsbury. It was his first game for a new club and a poor team performance all round so it was hard for him to make a good impression but he was poor. He improved after that and yes, had a very solid game against hull. I not saying he's a bad player, just that I'm yet to be convinced by him. Carlos clearly rates him otherwise he wouldn't re-sign him, that's good enough for me.