Joe Bennett

Pleased to see all the positivity, but for me the jury is still out on Bennett.

Definitely an upgrade on Helan at LB, but got injured and only played something like 3 games.

However in Carlos we trust and if he saw enough in training to think he can challenge Pudil, get him in.

13 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

I think Helan is a far more useful sub than JB.

Can see what you mean, but now we have 3 or 4 players better than Helan on the left wing as well as 2 left backs who are better than him, there's no point keeping the lad 

Guest wilyfox

Can't wait forever for Hélan to up his game. He's had nearly 4yrs here. Still obvious shortcomings. In last year of contract now; time to get a few quid back on him if we can. 

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Pudil & Semedo CB's tonigh then.

Helan/Palmer LB/RB.

Wildsmith in net.

Matias-Bannan-Melo-Wallace

Nuhiu-Joao

Buckley debut likely aswell at some point

Carlos has said no one who played on Sunday will play tonight. "You can't recover that quickly".
So we're very unlikely to see Pudil, Bannan or Wallace, other than perhaps on the bench.

Nuhiu might play give he wasn't on the pitch that long.

1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

Makes perfect sense as a signing. We have seen that he is an excellent full back. He knows the club and the league very well and can play on the wing if needed. It also means that Pudil can cover centre back as we have a quality left back to stand in for him.

Very good point that last sentence mate. Would be a very good signing. Will really push Pudil I'd expect too. 

After a relatively shaky start Joe Bennett started to look the real deal by the Hull City away game. He'll never keep Amavi out of the first team but he is about as good as it gets in this league. His injury record is concerning but at 26 i'm convinced given a proper run in the side he could be our first choice left-back in time. He's quick, he looked comfortable on the ball, he can cross, and he did  job on Snodgrass, and a left footed English player (if we can bring him on) in this market would be worth a fortune*.

If Pudil is worth 2m+ in this market then i'd pay that for Bennett given that he's 4 years younger and English*, we could easily get 4-5 years out of him and more if he could be converted to a left sided CB later. He is a gamble but if we expect to reach the premier league within the next 3 years regardless then I'd take it for the English quota if nothing else.

Edited by TrueOwl

13 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Carlos has said no one who played on Sunday will play tonight. "You can't recover that quickly".
So we're very unlikely to see Pudil, Bannan or Wallace, other than perhaps on the bench.

Nuhiu might play give he wasn't on the pitch that long.

It'll be an interesting line up then, afew kids likely to be involved

39 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

I think Helan is a far more useful sub than JB.

Bennett is a good championship player and a proper footballer,  Helan is a borderline Olympic athlete but a Conference ( or whatever it is now ) footballer

The days of having Helan's in the squad needs to be over now, we're looking for promotion to the PL so we have to expect better, which fortunately we have in Buckley, Matias etc, just can't carry players like Helan anymore.