Joe Bennett

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

SSN have confirmed he is due to have  medical at hillsbro today. 

That was in the newspaper article earlier in thread too. Hopefully it'll get announced today or tomorrow if he passes. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

So Carlos has finally convinced you he's a good player then?

No. What I mean is, from what I've seen of Bennett he isn't good enough but improved almost every game. He could have been taking a while to readjust/get match-fit, whatever. Carlos has obviously seen enough to warrant re-signing him, so there must be more yet to come from Bennett. I'm still yet to be convinced, but hope I am.

Guest Grez Bez

Steady player who will offer support for Pudil

Good signing but AMAZED Villa aren't starting over their terrible full backs.

5 minutes ago, KPCOFGS said:
User Actions
 Following
OvMqKeWw_bigger.jpgAlan Nixon@reluctantnicko 

Sheff Wed and Bennett an interest in deal. Player on a free a few weeks after he cost a few quid. And taken a big cut to play. #good work

•  

Hell if that's right then that is another cracking piece of business. We are actually run like a proper club. We don't spend silly amounts and really work on getting these great bargains and freebies. I guess because the club did so well last year that has helped massively. Also being able to pay good wages will also help. 

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Steady player who will offer support for Pudil

Good signing but AMAZED Villa aren't starting over their terrible full backs.

Shhhhh......wait till he's ours and playing well and then the penny may drop. 

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

Confused as to how anyone can make an informed judgement on this signing.  He's hardly played, so declarations of 'brilliant signing' etc are quite odd. 

Agree somewhat but i think he showed enough quality for it to be considered a decent signing especially on a free

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Confused as to how anyone can make an informed judgement on this signing.  He's hardly played, so declarations of 'brilliant signing' etc are quite odd. 

Carlos obviously saw enough to offer him a three year contract. Thats good enough for me. 

I think he's really good! Decent pace, got better in the position as the games went on (not easy considering he was in and out of the team)! 

From what I can remember he played some tough looking games away from home and helped kept a few clean sheets! 

Good age too! 

Massive thumbs up up from me!!!!