Forestieri

18 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

I got so depressed reading this i had to rewatch the forestieri-free extended highlights of SWFC 3-0 Arsenal (starring amog others Helan and Sougou). Feel a bit better now, can thoroughly recommend this treatment.

Now you've gone and depressed me by reminding me of possible squad replacements should Fessi go! Aaaargh!

3 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Don't wish to sound rude, but does your device have a comma button, took me twice as long to read that.

Took me bloody ages to write can't be arsed with punctuation to preoccupied with spelling didn't want pulling up on that 

This feels even worse than when I was a kid & a fan favourite wrestler turned baddie.

Like when Shawn Michaels threw Marty Jannetty through the Barbershop window cos Jannetty accidentally knocked Michaels out the previous week.

I watched thinking 'whoa Shawn, what's going on? I thought you were one of the good guys?! Surely this can be sorted out?'

Right now I think we all feel like FF has thrown us through Brutus The Barber Beefcakes shop window.

Just for a bit of perspective: 

Yannick Bolasie is on the verge of moving to Everton. 

Today he agreed to be on the bench for Crystal Palace and came on after 66 minutes in order to help his current employees. 

Of course he could have ridden a bike about a bit and then got a mard on. 

My wife just wakes up. I'm still

on the phone, the phone light is on, in tiredness she asks if I'm on Tinder (I don't even go on it, but) I say no, but someone's been unfaithful to ME!!

Where do you go from here? I do a lot of employment relations day to day and any other work scenario this'd be gross misconduct and dismissal. But this is football. A drug that turns nice folks into dikcheads and decent footballers into liars. 

I dont think there's any way back. Any way back potentially damages the dressing room and I can't see any positive for toadying to one player no matter how good, if it destroys the team cohesion. Why did we keep Semedo? He's a player-coach-interpreter-teacher. The spine is the Portuguese lads behind Carlos. And. It's Lees. It's Westwood. Bannan. 

No no need to panic. If FF p1sses on his chips he'll lose out in the long run. 

9 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

This feels even worse than when I was a kid & a fan favourite wrestler turned baddie.

Like when Shawn Michaels threw Marty Jannetty through the Barbershop window cos Jannetty accidentally knocked Michaels out the previous week.

I watched thinking 'whoa Shawn, what's going on? I thought you were one of the good guys?! Surely this can be sorted out?'

Right now I think we all feel like FF has thrown us through Brutus The Barber Beefcakes shop window.

I steered clear of all that by supporting the Model, Rick Martel.

26 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Whatever happens, by refusing to play I can't see FF recapturing the adoration and genuine affection of the fans that he has been based on the exact opposite,his willingness to run his heart out for the team.

if this gets sorted and he scores in his comeback game then all will be well in the world .....

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's a scenario I've faced many times on football manager. His antics have an effect on the rest of the squad and if treated too lightly seems to spread discontent. Carlos has handled it well, better than any manager I can imagine. FF has to speak his mind next either apologise and get on with writing the wrongs or sulk and don't play for us ever. 

I know what you mean. It reminds me of level 6 on sonic the hedgehog 3. Fernando being Dr robotnik, Carlos being sonic, fernandos agent being those spike things you used to land on, and us lot being the gold rings. It really is a funny old game. Football that is. And sonic of course. Blue hedgehogs, jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous isn't it. Isn't it?

..You alright Ron?

8 minutes ago, runningaround said:

mate who is a geordie fan reckons it is Swansea in with the big bid. If it is, cant deny him a chance in premier to test himself, but there is a way and means about going about a move. 

Swansea, good lord.  I'd respect him more if he did go to Newcastle.

Lots of fans don't mind the change in badge or kit as long as we get to the top.  Question is how strong are our moral resolves.  Few would doubt we are a stronger team with ff in it. Is giving in and him helping us to promotion a necessary evil?  He was last seasons top scorer.  Fletcher shows promise but can be replace ffs goals?  Can hooper,  joao and nuhui? 

16 minutes ago, runningaround said:

mate who is a geordie fan reckons it is Swansea in with the big bid. If it is, cant deny him a chance in premier to test himself, but there is a way and means about going about a move. 

Been hearing the same down here in South Wales too but don't know if it's true or not yet,

if it is and he does go to Swansea, maybe we could get one or two players as part of the deal?

I'd much rather he went to a top flight club rather than another promotion rival

plus we could probably get more from a top flight club to reinvest in the team.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

4 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

If he scores a thousand goals for us I will still boo him to the end of the earth. He gave us the finger today. Don't forget it.

mate i  seen a player throw a game ,get sent to prison for it and still get cheered to the rafters when he returned ......trust me if forestieri scores another goal for the club we'll all cheer

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Lots of fans don't mind the change in badge or kit as long as we get to the top.  Question is how strong are our moral resolves.  Few would doubt we are a stronger team with ff in it. Is giving in and him helping us to promotion a necessary evil?  He was last seasons top scorer.  Fletcher shows promise but can be replace ffs goals?  Can hooper,  joao and nuhui? 

I'm not at all convinced we are a better team with him in it.

He is a better player than most, but not a team player. As he proved this afternoon.

Fletch will replace his goals, and Hooper will far exceed his 15.

I don't think for an instant that he'll play for us again. He's crossed the Rubicon. Surely, when he absented himself today he knew it was the end of his term here. If he'd had any intention of staying he'd never have done that in the first place. If Newcastle really have bid £12 million, then if Chansiri has any sense he'll sell pronto. It this goes any sourer and he misbehaves repeatedly then we might get to the point where nobody wants to take a chance on him, or we'll have to sell him at a knockdown price.