Forestieri

4 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Does anyone have a recording of the Sky interview with Forestieri and Lee after the Aston Villa game? @Grimbarian? I think we need to do some Owlstalk analysis on it.

From what I remember it sounded like Forestieri was still very complimentary of the team spirit at that point in time, despite it apparently being after he'd refused to play. Very strange.

Don't have it recorded but from what I remember he sounded fine and no sort of inclination of what was going on behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The above is what I've said on my site about the Forestieri situation.  Haven't got time to catch up with over 100 pages on the subject, but just throwing my two cents in. 

But Staton said in his Tweet yesterday...Wednesday have done all they possibly can....thought that would mean they have offered him as much as they are prepared to...as ime sure they did with Lees and the others...if it's not enough??...he is under contract though and should have played

9 hours ago, steveger said:

Does that go for Lachman too ? If he apologises for whatever he has allegedly done 

Yes mate.

Don't get me wrong, he has been a little schit, but haven't we all at some point.

If he will/does not want to apologise, or give e very good reason for his actions, let him rot, or get rid.

But at least hear what he has to say first.

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

What would everyone's opinion be if it turns out this is what happened?

FF: I'm not happy as other players are paid more.

SWFC: We can't pay you more as XYZ

FF: I'm unhappy and not in the right frame of mind to play and I might let the team down and so I'd rather not travel today.

Why don't you just become a supporter of FF instead? 

You could follow him around the various clubs he plays for in the future. 

Do you honestly think the club would point blank refuse to negotiate with one of their best players!?

Just now, SiJ said:

Why don't you just become a supporter of FF instead? 

You could follow him around the various clubs he plays for in the future. 

Do you honestly think the club would point blank refuse to negotiate with one of their best players!?

Just trying to provide a bit of balance. We don't know all the facts.  What's the big deal?

Hand in a transfer request if you're that fed up. 

Better yet make yourself available and show the club that you're worth a new contract. 

Don't try and refuse to play in the opener and then flat out refuse to play in our second game of the season. 

Guest The Horse

I think it boils down to Fletcher coming in on big money. 

FF's subtle tweets about getting his Audi R8 which turned out to be a bike when Fletch has his supercars.

The video of him with his bike then pulling his pockets out to show he has no money. 

All points to being about the money.

And I wouldn't want a petulant brat upsetting a professional dressing room with immature digs every session. 

Grow up or F-Off.

This week.

15 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Absolutely fooooking staggering people trying to defend the bloke.

Cardinal sin, refuse to play. That's what he has done and he should never play for us again. There are no excuses get rid immediately 

You've made that point a dozen times in this thread.

Meanwhile, back in the real world..

This isn't going to be pretty. 

I think we should look to sell and reinvest the money in the first team squad. No point on keeping such a bad egg when one of our major strengths is our togetherness and team spirit. Get him into a premier league squad and look for 12 million. 

But I think Chansiri will keep him and we'll have a complete stalemate. Not seen anything in Chansiri so far that gives me the impression he's going to back down. 

1 minute ago, fatzooma said:

Not sure if it's been said or not but....did anyone else think his celebration after the Villa goal was a bit lacklustre compared to previous goal celebrations last season?

nope nobody suggested that   maybe if they had we could have had a weeks' worth of stress worrying 

Be very interesting to see if he turns up to training today as Carlos expects him too.

Imagine walking into Hillsborough in front of all your teammates, coaches and CC knowing what you did yesterday. How embarrassed you would feel. 

For that reason alone, I don't think he will. 

He simply cannot expect to continue playing for Wednesday anymore. 

Truly shocking behaviour. 

Players are transient figures. They'll all be gone sooner or later. What matters much more to us is if the club has made mistakes. FF refused to play because he wants out, that's clear. He's trying to engineer a situation in which the club have no choice but sell him. The question is "why?". What can have gone so spectacularly wrong in the last few weeks to bring this about? £25 000 a week is a lot for a centre half at this level, with the Pearl of the Pampas allegedly on £10 000 a week more. Does anyone know what Fletcher's earning? If you have a star player who is coveted by others, perhaps it was naive to believe that you can up the wages of others yet not do likewise with your prize asset. As Mandaric said "He'll make mistakes".

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

nope nobody suggested that   maybe if they had we could have had a weeks' worth of stress worrying 

Hand on heart, I thought he looked out of sorts? Didn't expect this though. Have another look at it.

Let's be fair here...the lads pretty much made his position at the club untenable. 

Even if he was "rehabilitated" they'll still be a huge mark against him and frankly you'd still expect him to leave sooner rather than later.