Forestieri

28 minutes ago, Geosword said:

I think it boils down to Fletcher coming in on big money. 

FF's subtle tweets about getting his Audi R8 which turned out to be a bike when Fletch has his supercars.

The video of him with his bike then pulling his pockets out to show he has no money. 

All points to being about the money.

And I wouldn't want a petulant brat upsetting a professional dressing room with immature digs every session. 

Grow up or F-Off.

This week.

Think you have it here..

I was wondering what him pulling his pockets out meant on that video. Now you say it it seems obvious.

The whole bike thing is not Forestieri being a free spirit. It's a protest about his wages.

Edited by Beholder

Look at Kieran lee ... Did he refuse to play .. No he did the opposite ...put that shirt on with pride and showed his worth

to refuse to play is an insult to our club ... 

However, I'll reserve judgement until we know his reason why ... If it is money related then sorry that's pathetic ... But let's wait to hear what he says ... He may be suffering from depression ... 

I Don't think he will want to stay after the abuse on Twitter towards him but he clearly has crossed a line ......but chansiri won't sell him on principle unless it's s big number 

Just now, S25OWL said:

Look at Kieran lee ... Did he refuse to play .. No he did the opposite ...put that shirt on with pride and showed his worth

However, I'll reserve judgement until we know his reason why ... If it is money related then sorry that's pathetic ... But let's wait to hear what he says ... He may be suffering from depression ... 

I Don't think he will want to stay after the abuse on Twitter towards him but he clearly has crossed a line ......but chansiri won't sell him on principle unless it's s big number 

And Keiran Lee won't be on half what Fernando is on. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

My guess he's a slave to his agency. 

Hes a terrific footballer, but seems like a a young, simple lad- he's not a businessman and probably leaves that to others- if they've said jump he's simply followed orders.

Thats my guess anyway.

He isn't young though.

30 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Refer to page 1

Couple of points, I did say 'not sure'.

and when a thread gets to 100+ posts, I generally can't be bothered to search to see if I'm 

duplicating someone else's observations...But thank you for doing my dirty work for me. You will forever be referred to as my little beatch.

Edited by fatzooma

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's 26. 

He's young, but he's not a kid. 

Big decision coming up then for him and his agent, if DC puts him in the reserves for the rest of his contract  he will be 29. With just one decent season behind him, best he can hope for is a mid table championship club on average money.

If I were DC would set a £17m price for premier league or foreign clubs (no championship) and put him in the development squad to train until its met. If that means running his contract down, so be it.

Edited by striker

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

Similar thing happened to me at work obviously on different money levels.

I started on 33k a few years back. Worked my way up to 70k a few years later.

New kid starts with zero experience and starts on 70k. The going rate.

Was i upset a bit yes, did i complain and and carry on like spoilt child NO!!!!

New kid turned out to be gem and it created a good team environment. Fessi obviously thought differently

Didn't realise selling the Big Issue had its financial advantages...

34 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I hope he gets a 50k a week contract I just hope it's with someone else

Yep that'll show him.

Show him & every other two bit agent & chancer who fancies making a quick buck that with a few tweets, a bit of bait, a word here & there on social media, encourage a club like Derby to make a cynical offer to deliberately destabilise the player and hey presto we're up & running.

Luckily, thank God, DC runs this club with CC at the helm and not the rent a mob on here who want to make a knee jerk reaction regardless of whether the outcome is beneficial to the club or not. 

Yep, FF has acted like a total t**t & a spoilt kid and clearly him or his agent was angling for either a move or a better contract, so as a punishment for his behaviour, both he & his agent are rewarded in the way the whole episode was designed to achieve. Like i said, that'll show em!

Listening to CCs steely resolve on behalf of DC it sounds like FF is going to be put through the mill in no uncertain terms which i would assume will be more uncomfortable than a cosy arrangement with a new club. It would also be a big two fingers to not only him but his tw*t of an agent who you suspect was in his ear from the outset.

I would also suspect, that any contract negotiations that were in the process would also be put on the back burner and FF made to stay on the original contract that was presumably part of the reason for his stance in the first place. 

As i said, DC, CC and the club as a whole have not put a foot wrong since they took over (the pricing debate arguably excepted) the reaction of DC insisting we will not be selling anyone being a case in point and i would much rather put my trust in them than the hysterical mob on here who describe FF as a 'Runt', C*** (rhymes with runt), and all the other delightful descriptions culminating with the brain surgeon who said he hoped he contracted Cancer!!

Not sure how all this will pan out. Clearly things will never be the same, but it seems DC has a lot more resolve than most on here (not difficult) and is also in possession of all the facts, whereas most on here don't have a clue, so if DC says FF is going nowhere even if he trains with the juniors & sits in the reserves then i believe him. I also assume he has a handle on the implications of the FFP argument of having a player worth 12 mill possibly, sat on the bench, whereas all the FFP experts on here that quote it ad infinitum clearly also don't have a clue.   

46 minutes ago, steelowl said:

nope nobody suggested that   maybe if they had we could have had a weeks' worth of stress worrying 

Or in my case a week's worth of being ridiculed for it... oh look, it wasn't unfounded codswallop after all lol

The next 48 hours determines FF's Wednesday career. If he apologises, accepts he was massively in the wrong and stop trying to get to other clubs, then it'll be fine. Probably be able to sign a new contract in 6 months... certainly not in the next couple of weeks, you can't reward what he's done. If he doesn't then he's off and we're going to make about a £10 million transfer profit on him (Not including wages for the last year). 

Swings and roundabouts innit 

31 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

I must admit, I'd be on a bit of a downer on £22,000 a week.