Forestieri

Guest 1banana2banana

How can anyone want him to play for us again ? If he does I'll boo him 

and I'll have a right to, along with the other 1600 who went to Norwich on a Saturday evening to watch a team who this tail refused to play for. 

Never again 

16 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

So you'd rather his agent engineers a move to someone like Derby or Newcastle would you?

It would prove that nothing has changed and that any club who fancied any of our players can cultivate a bit of resentment and take their pick.

At least our hierarchy have taken a stance and said he is not for sale.

I have said all along before this kicked off today that FF should have a contract that reflected his position as the best player at the club. Lees contract was re negotiated and was clearly still within the wage structure, so FFs should be at least the same.

Obviously don't agree with how he has gone about it, but still rather have him on board than playing for someone else, and if he has to eat humble pie to be allowed back into the fold, it is hardly sending out the 'message' you refer to.

Wednesday have shown remarkable loyalty to their players. All of our better players to date have been given improved contracts. They have been rewarded for what they did on the pitch, not because they went on strike. I think FF has gone about things in totally the wrong way and his actions are indefensible.

1 hour ago, darklord said:

Feels to be more to this than just another club showing interest.  Hes up until the last few days been saying how much he loves the club and wants to stay here a long time and it is believable to me.  Nothing on the pitch has happened,  the team is doing well so what's charged.  If seems a drastic move if it's over rumored interest from another club.  Yes players have done this before but it's usually after protracted tension between player and club and a big move.  That seems to be absent here.  I think there's more to this than we know 

Gotta agree, this seems to have come right out of the blue. Whatever it is we'll hear about it soon. Something or someone has completely turned his head.

38 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I personally hope the burnt bridges will be repaired.  

We are a beast of a team with Forestieiri in the side.  If he leaves, it will only benefit our key rivals in the division.  

Lets try and work out a positive solution that suits both parties.

I agree. Completely.

But can that happen? I think either him or his agent has engineered such a low blow out of the blue it may be very difficult.

has any other situation been resolved by the "selling club"? Can't think of anything.

Edited by Bluesteel

Wether you believe we should do everything we can to keep him or get shut it needs sorting ASAP

I think he has been badly advised and should have kept on playing while sorting his grievances out I don't think he wanted out but wanted better terms and probably down to his agent has got out of hand 

So what do we do give him a new contract and we look a soft touch but keep a great player sell and we have  a huge problem replacing someone so key to our style of play I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who we could both attract and afford 

I think DC and  CC should sit down Monday and decide what to do and have  F in straight after to tell him what they decided unfortunately the only way I can  see it ending is with his departure but it shouldbe  for top  money with  a replacement already lined up but whatever they decide should be  what is best for our club and give us the fans every reason to believe 

3 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Wether you believe we should do everything we can to keep him or get shut it needs sorting ASAP

I think he has been badly advised and should have kept on playing while sorting his grievances out I don't think he wanted out but wanted better terms and probably down to his agent has got out of hand 

So what do we do give him a new contract and we look a soft touch but keep a great player sell and we have  a huge problem replacing someone so key to our style of play I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who we could both attract and afford 

I think DC and  CC should sit down Monday and decide what to do and have  F in straight after to tell him what they decided unfortunately the only way I can  see it ending is with his departure but it shouldbe  for top  money with  a replacement already lined up but whatever they decide should be  what is best for our club and give us the fans every reason to believe 

The points you make are fair enough. Could you go into it in far less detail?

47 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's a scenario I've faced many times on football manager. His antics have an effect on the rest of the squad and if treated too lightly seems to spread discontent. Carlos has handled it well, better than any manager I can imagine. FF has to speak his mind next either apologise and get on with writing the wrongs or sulk and don't play for us ever. 

You're comparing this to a computer game?? WTF:

5 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Don't wish to sound rude, but does your device have a comma button, took me twice as long to read that.

47 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's a scenario I've faced many times on football manager. His antics have an effect on the rest of the squad and if treated too lightly seems to spread discontent. Carlos has handled it well, better than any manager I can imagine. FF has to speak his mind next either apologise and get on with writing the wrongs or sulk and don't play for us ever. 

You're comparing this to a computer game?? WTF:

5 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Don't wish to sound rude, but does your device have a comma button, took me twice as long to read that.