Forestieri

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I am actually totally relieved.

I was really worried we were reverting to type of being a selling club and were actively involved in the selling process.

The attitude from CC & on behalf of DC seems hugely uncompromising.

It has been said at least 3 or 4 times now that "None of our player's are for sale".

Also CCs statement that FF is expected for training in the morning & if he doesn't turn up will be punished is also quite telling.

Clearly FF is going to have to eat humble pie and it seems the rehabilitation process is already under way. Read a piece where it said FF doesn't want to leave S6, he has been badly advised etc etc. Not sure how genuine it is but i reckon this is how it will pan out.

Clearly DC & CC are presenting a United front and willing to call his & his agent's bluff and i wouldn't be surprised to see an in depth apology from FF, a period out of the picture followed by a gradual rehab back into the fold.

Either way and regardless of what the future holds for FF, i am delighted we have stood strong and basically told FF & his agent and the likes of the opportunists of Derby & Newcastle who smelt blood that the old days of Wednesday being a selling club are a thing of the past.

On the subject of FF staying. One provision would be that he parts company with his agent and it would be non negotiable. Apart from that, we need to be pragmatic. FF is a brilliant player and it is better he comes back into the fold albeit with his tail between his legs than him going elsewhere.

Whatever happens it also tells other players & clubs not to f**k with us in future. 

Top post.

Someone's definitely put something infront of him.

CC hinted as much but I think it got lost in translation slightly. He said something about another team showing our player something but not with our blessing or something like that. But that it's part of football and everyone knows it happens.

I think both fans and the club alike, need to play this situation as coolly and professionally as possible. Sure FF has screwed up big time, but he's been a fantastic player for our club and we need to stay calm. Ultimately DC and CC need to do what's best for the club and that's really all there is to it. If FF does go it needs to be the right price and ideally to a club in the PL rather than one of our competitors. 

Most of us will recall DiCanio going to West Ham and becoming a legend for that club after his sending off.  He was easily our best player at that time and it appeared that Dave Richards and Danny Wilson let him leave on principle rather than focusing on what was best for our club. Hopefully this time our management will make the right decision.

This won't be a slow drawn out affair.. It can't afford to be.

either he stays or goes sharpish because the window shuts soon and we've got important games.

youd like to think next week we'll probably know what's going to happen either way as the manager or chairman won't want these types of ordeals effecting the rest of the team .

i still think there's a way back for him but it's a long old road.

Just now, darra said:

Anybody know who is agent is? He is getting away scott free in all this whilst Forestieri is the devil incarnate

Studio Canovi is the company, run by the Conovi Brothers.

Only have another couple of clients, so clearly a hit on FF is one of the few options they have to make some bucks.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Only have another couple of clients, so clearly a hit on FF is one of the few options they have to make some bucks.

Is that how they pronounce conniving

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Is that how they pronounce conniving

Feels like being dumped. I thought he was the one. Invested our love and we all told him so.

He's telling us what we want to hear, at the same time cavorting other suitors.

It's too late now. There's no turning back. Our heart has been broken too many times before. The trust has gone.

Oh, Fernando. What have you done.

On the plus side usually after a good dumping there's a purple patch of fu c king everything before settling with a better alternative.

Thanks for the memories Forestieri, but it's time to move on.

5 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Westwood, Bannan, Lee, Lees, Hooper, Fletcher & Abdi have all signed contracts since Forestieri signed. I think it's likely that most if not all of these are now paid more than him. 

I reckon his agent's been in his ear telling how much Derby would pay him and it's all got out of hand. 

He's our best player. Give him a contract that reflects that, get him to say sorry to the fans and his teammates and let bygones be bygones. 

I don't know the ins and outs but i said previously on this that FF signed under a certain pay structure

If (emphasise IF) that pay structure has significantly increased for new contracts and FF is on old pay structure then there is a recipe for discontent

This stuff is absolutely the norm with the better players and in the premier league so get used to it fellas - and lasses

It's completely commonplace for clubs to have to increase the wges of their best players in line with escalating pay scales - John Terry had it built into his contract that no player would earn more than him at Chelsea because of the rapid increase in wages due to rises in revenue

If anybody doesn't like this sort of sgyte then just pray we don't get to the premier - or indeed we go back to where we were a short while ago with nondescript mediocre players

Then there'll be nothing to worry about

The more the stakes get raised then the more this stuff becomes a feature

Cant help but compare this to the Di Canio situation.  Different I know, but we un-workable that up and lost a fortune. Balls to Derby& Nigel Pearson, and the Barcodes. Cash in to a prem side, Maybe Palace, and that money should get a decent replacement plus a midfielder.

He has played his hand, now its up to us. 

FF obviously wants to burn his bridges here. I can't see any way back from his not playing today, and it's my guess he doesn't want a way back. It simply shows how desperate he is to leave. Carlito is obviously angry with him, but he may well be even angrier with Chansiri for allowing this situation to develop. As the hub of the team he should be the best-paid, and it looks like he isn't. As for Chansiri, he is doubtless saying, in as many words, that FF will moulder here rather than be sold simply to keep the price up. Sheffield Utd probably have a better chance of going up than we have of seeing him in an Owls jersey again.

Just now, slinger208b said:

I think the most likely story of all this is that he doesn't want to leave, he just wants a wage to reflect his value to the club after seeing what he could earn elsewhere and has gone about it the wrong way (probably on 3rd party advice)

This.

Not a lot of point taking the moral high ground saying he should never soil our beloved turf again.

He is still a quality player who has royally f****d up.

Won't be the first, won't be the last.

I've royally fu***d up at times in my life as i'm sure have most people have.

Time heals, keep a lowish profile for a while, big apology, "badly advised", gradually rehabilitate him, scores the winner in his return in a tight game and we all love him again. 

Better than him going to a rival & scoring the winner against us. 

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

This.

Not a lot of point taking the moral high ground saying he should never soil our beloved turf again.

He is still a quality player who has royally f****d up.

Won't be the first, won't be the last.

I've royally fu***d up at times in my life as i'm sure have most people have.

Time heals, keep a lowish profile for a while, big apology, "badly advised", gradually rehabilitate him, scores the winner in his return in a tight game and we all love him again. 

Better than him going to a rival & scoring the winner against us. 

So you don't want Sheffield Wednesday to be a "selling club", but one which bends over backwards to players hold the club to ransom. 

Fair enough.