Forestieri

13 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Put it plainly. He's on strike til he has his way.

Pretty much. Of course, his way could be leave or get new contract. But I think this is such a drastic course it must be a transfer. 

12 minutes ago, darra said:

We hold the nap hand though. He has something like a 3 year contract and as I've just posted in another thread we could afford to  buy a replacement and let him stew. He has disrespected the club the fans the manager and most importantly the chairman. Losing face is a big thing

It'll go the same as it always does at every club. Contracts mean sod all to footballers. It's just a way of keeping score. 

7 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

Right I get that....but...what has he/his agent said to us? He can't have told us the club that are after him, and there hasn't been a bid, so what have we done to make him refuse to play? 

These situations are normally when a bid has been rejected. 

What I mean is that we actually haven't blocked/rejected anything (even though I'd hope we would) as there hasn't been anything to block/reject. So even if he wants to leave why is he throwing his toys out when we haven't even had a chance to wee wee him off by rejecting anything. 

He could have said that he wants out and won't play for us again. That gives the club a pretty stark choice. 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Somethings not right with this, how a player can go from loving life to going on strike over a summer is beyond me.

I expect it all started with money/contract but is now something more.

We'll he did get married in the summer. 

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

Pretty much. Of course, his way could be leave or get new contract. But I think this is such a drastic course it must be a transfer. 

It'll go the same as it always does at every club. Contracts mean sod all to footballers. It's just a way of keeping score. 

He could have said that he wants out and won't play for us again. That gives the club a pretty stark choice. 

The chairman said you're staying. This his way of saying I'm going.

11 minutes ago, bexhill owl said:

Lachman, mcgugan and probably a couple of others should show DC isn't prepared to put up with mincer's, clubs may want FF now but let's see what happens when the window shuts and he's not played till the Jan window, guarantee he won't be top of many clubs wish list!!!! Its about time a contract means something again.

Bang on.

DC ain't no mug. I think he'll screw FF over unless he is willing to rectify this situation. Having worked with many Thais they don't take kindly to being treated with contempt, it's all about respect. 

Carlos said the other day he was angry because a player had asked his agent to speak to him rather than the player speak to him. We all thought that was Mugugan. Maybe it was Forestieri.

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

Bang on.

DC ain't no mug. I think he'll screw FF over unless he is willing to rectify this situation. Having worked with many Thais they don't take kindly to being treated with contempt, it's all about respect. 

I've never worked with a Thai but DC looked anything but bothered sitting in the stands, he looked like he didn't have a care in the world, I believe DC has the money to let FF rot, I'm actually thinking now (as much as I like FF as a player) £7m and Russell or ince or whoever may not be too bad a deal 

He hasn't murdered or harmed anybody.

He has either been ill advised, or just plain greedy, or his head is not in the right place.

If he apologises,  he deserves a second chance.

We have all been given a second chance somewhere in our lives, he who casts the first stone, and all that.